Trembling at idle - Page 11
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 399
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Trembling at idle in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Hi All, I am sorry your ATS vehicles are experiencing a trembling issue. I ...
  1. #151
    aselvan's Avatar
    aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Plano,TX
    Posts
    19

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi All,

    I am sorry your ATS vehicles are experiencing a trembling issue. I understand how you can be frustrated with this situation. If anyone would like me to look into their case number for them, or discuss their concerns, please private message me.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Laura,

    It appears that we all have the same issue at different levels (i.e. mild/medium to pretty bad shaking) regardless of the engine type (4T, or V6). I am sure you and other customer service reps in this forum heard about all of these by now through private messages.

    At this point, I'd kindly request you guys to reach out to someone in GM/Cadillac who can help us instead of telling us 'this is normal' which is ridicules. Most importantly, few people here got some sort of ECM update which apparently got this problem fixed. Can we get details of those so we can go to our respective dealers and guide them to get our car fixed? Last but not least, please do some research to find out the status of the TSBs below (i.e. could possibly be 'the' problem we all experience) and let us know what needs to be done or at least tell us when we can expect a fix if there is no fix yet.

    http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b353282/
    http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b351074/

    BTW: These TSB's list these problems as 'intermittent' but that is not true, I can reproduce it every day especially when the engine is cool at start in the morning and while stopped at light every single time!

    PS: Like I said on the earlier post, I really love this car... the driving experience is so awesome ... If Cadillac can address this problem soon before it ruins the car, it certainly can claim to be the 'car of the year'

    Thanks

  2. #152
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,909

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Laura,

    It appears that we all have the same issue at different levels (i.e. mild/medium to pretty bad shaking) regardless of the engine type (4T, or V6). I am sure you and other customer service reps in this forum heard about all of these by now through private messages.

    At this point, I'd kindly request you guys to reach out to someone in GM/Cadillac who can help us instead of telling us 'this is normal' which is ridicules. Most importantly, few people here got some sort of ECM update which apparently got this problem fixed. Can we get details of those so we can go to our respective dealers and guide them to get our car fixed? Last but not least, please do some research to find out the status of the TSBs below (i.e. could possibly be 'the' problem we all experience) and let us know what needs to be done or at least tell us when we can expect a fix if there is no fix yet.

    http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b353282/
    http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b351074/

    BTW: These TSB's list these problems as 'intermittent' but that is not true, I can reproduce it every day especially when the engine is cool at start in the morning and while stopped at light every single time!

    PS: Like I said on the earlier post, I really love this car... the driving experience is so awesome ... If Cadillac can address this problem soon before it ruins the car, it certainly can claim to be the 'car of the year'

    Thanks
    Hi aselvan,

    I can tell you that we have been in contact with our peers on the product side of the house in regards to the customer concerns that have been expressed. Since we look at every complaint on a case-by-case basis, I will not be able to provide a blanket statement on what possible updates to the ECM where preformed on some customer’s vehicles. That being said, if you do take your vehicle into your dealer for this, we will work with them to help engage their resources to find the best solution available.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  3. #153
    aselvan's Avatar
    aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Plano,TX
    Posts
    19

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi aselvan,

    I can tell you that we have been in contact with our peers on the product side of the house in regards to the customer concerns that have been expressed. Since we look at every complaint on a case-by-case basis, I will not be able to provide a blanket statement on what possible updates to the ECM where preformed on some customer’s vehicles. That being said, if you do take your vehicle into your dealer for this, we will work with them to help engage their resources to find the best solution available.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Laura,

    Yes, I am taking the car again to my dealer and just made the appointment for Monday 6/10/2013. Will send you the name of my service rep and the dealer info via private message. As you mentioned, I would appreciate if you can call them and work with them to get this problem solved.

    Thanks
    -Arul

  4. #154
    Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36

    Re: Trembling at idle

    @aselvan -- let us know how it works out for you.

    @Laura M -- I'll probably be sending you a PM over the weekend or early next week. I've got a lot more going on than just the tremble.

  5. #155
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,909

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Laura,

    Yes, I am taking the car again to my dealer and just made the appointment for Monday 6/10/2013. Will send you the name of my service rep and the dealer info via private message. As you mentioned, I would appreciate if you can call them and work with them to get this problem solved.

    Thanks
    -Arul
    Hi Arul,

    Thank you for letting me know. I did receive your private message and we can continue to interact that way.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post
    @aselvan -- let us know how it works out for you.

    @Laura M -- I'll probably be sending you a PM over the weekend or early next week. I've got a lot more going on than just the tremble.
    Hi Dave623,

    I apologize for any vehicle issues you are experiencing. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your private message. I am out of office on weekends and return 8 a.m. EST on Monday. We can continue to interact via private message.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  6. #156
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Hello Laura,

    I had my car in for power steering failure and asked my service writer to check on the tremble. He insisted it was not an issue since they ALL do it, which is hardly an acceptable answer. Mine is not as bad as some, but it is most certainly noticeable. I understand its a slippery slope to make blanket, public statements on the issue but please convey to your chain of command that this is indeed an issue and should be treated as such.

  7. #157
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,909

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    Hello Laura,

    I had my car in for power steering failure and asked my service writer to check on the tremble. He insisted it was not an issue since they ALL do it, which is hardly an acceptable answer. Mine is not as bad as some, but it is most certainly noticeable. I understand its a slippery slope to make blanket, public statements on the issue but please convey to your chain of command that this is indeed an issue and should be treated as such.
    Hi torkibe,

    Thank you for reaching out to me. I understand everyone's dissatisfaction and frustration with their ATS trembling at idle issue. We have been in contact with our peers on the product side of the house in regards to the customer concerns that have been expressed. If you would like to further discuss your issues, please reach out to me via private message.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  8. #158
    aselvan's Avatar
    aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Plano,TX
    Posts
    19

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Laura,
    Just letting you know that my car is at the dealer now. I am not able to send private message because of some limit/quota.
    Thanks
    -Arul

  9. #159
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,909

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Laura,
    Just letting you know that my car is at the dealer now. I am not able to send private message because of some limit/quota.
    Thanks
    -Arul

    ----------

    Laura,
    Just letting you know that my car is at the dealer now. I am not able to send private message because of some limit/quota.
    Thanks
    -Arul
    Hello Arul,

    Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it. I also wanted to let you know, I did call Greg and left a message for him to return my call. I do want to continue our interactions, so let me see if I have to clear out my private messages, or we can continue to interact via Email.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  10. #160
    aselvan's Avatar
    aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Plano,TX
    Posts
    19

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Laura,
    No problem. e-Mail would work best, please use my gmail address I provided.
    Thanks
    -Arul

  11. #161
    aselvan's Avatar
    aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Plano,TX
    Posts
    19

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post
    @aselvan -- let us know how it works out for you.

    @Laura M -- I'll probably be sending you a PM over the weekend or early next week. I've got a lot more going on than just the tremble.
    @Dave623 -- As per your request, here is an update on my car. Just got a call from the dealer saying there is nothing they can do at this time -- no surprise here. This time, they also said there is nothing wrong with my car -- this is a surprise. I guess these TSBs ( http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b353282 http://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b351074 ) are created for no real reason. I am really tired at this point and don't know where to go. I am considering my options to seek help elsewhere.

    Wish you good luck with your effort to get yours fixed.

  12. #162
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    139

    Re: Trembling at idle

    It seems to me reprogramming the ECU to raise the idle a few hundred RPM would probably correct the issue. But... that would affect the MPG numbers so they can't do that.

  13. #163
    Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36

    Re: Trembling at idle

    @aselvan -- the two TSB's indicate the issue is under investigation. Translation -- no official fix. However, what I cannot understand is how my dealer tells me there's an update for the 6 cylinder and the only update I know of is an idle calibration for the turbo. Sure are a lot of questions and frankly, my confidence is shot. Like you, I've got a lot of other issues. I created a case with GM/Cadillac and have already been in contact with a District Specialist. We'll see how that goes. You do have options.

  14. #164
    Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    168

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Told by my dealer and district rep. I have to live with this bad Ats. So what good is cadillac customer service and that GM won't even help out this is fact I am very disappointed to say the least the 2.5l motor shakes stalls trembles Andthey want us to BUY AMERICAN. The service rep said to me today that his hands where tied and stated well we can't help you live with it. Or pay 40 to 50 more dollars a month for a turbo. I am shocked at such a statement.hey Laura or Greg. What's up with such attitudes against cadillac customers. Should I have to live with this issue or can you support me in getting a turbo which service claims is so much better and smoother. My car was 36785. I priced a turbo exact same options for 37595. And my dealer says still cant help out. So what's my options as I really like the car. But this 2.5l is really bad need help here not i am sorry answers. Thanks

  15. #165
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: Trembling at idle

    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Told by my dealer and district rep. I have to live with this bad Ats. So what good is cadillac customer service and that GM won't even help out this is fact I am very disappointed to say the least the 2.5l motor shakes stalls trembles Andthey want us to BUY AMERICAN. The service rep said to me today that his hands where tied and stated well we can't help you live with it. Or pay 40 to 50 more dollars a month for a turbo. I am shocked at such a statement.hey Laura or Greg. What's up with such attitudes against cadillac customers. Should I have to live with this issue or can you support me in getting a turbo which service claims is so much better and smoother. My car was 36785. I priced a turbo exact same options for 37595. And my dealer says still cant help out. So what's my options as I really like the car. But this 2.5l is really bad need help here not i am sorry answers. Thanks
    First, there are numerous reports of rough idling turbos and V6s. So no reason to think changing engines will solve the problem.

    Second, nobody could tell just based on forum posts if your car is any rougher idling than normal. I don't believe you are making anything up but since ALL engines vibrate some and there is no way to know what your tolerance is, it might help if you say what engines you test drove and whether you test drove your car before buying and whether the other ones you tested were any better or worse.

    If you didn't test drive the one you bought, then its a shame because it could have saved you all this trouble. Yeah, you shouldn't have to test drive your car but you also shouldn't have to look both ways before crossing the street at a crosswalk with a green light. But its just prudent to do both because you never know when you'll get a bad engine or a runaway cement truck.

    If you DID test drive your car, was it too rough for you or did it stall? If so, you should NOT have completed the sale and will have to endure some unpleasant times. Better to walk away.

    If it and the other 2.5s you test drove were NOT rough, then clearly it's something Cadillac should fix.

    If there really is a problem with your engine and Cadillac won't fix it, that's what lemon laws are for. Find the requirements in your location and start the process. Make sure the paperwork for dealer visits have the information needed for a lemon law case.

    And unless you don't want the car for any other reasons, try different dealers. They aren't all the same. If your dealer's service department is substandard another dealer may be able to fix it. Remember the dealers are independent businesses. If they are incompetent or just don't like you, GM doesn't have immediate control over them. Even if your situation is entirely their fault, GM can't do much more to them than a professor of yours could do to you for messing up a minor assignment. So go to another dealer, no matter what. You have nothing to lose.

    I tried to go back and look at your earlier posts to see if you had answered any of my questions. I recall that you had posted several times but not specifically what you said. Curiously, search says you have NO posts but a post count of 1. I hope that's just a data base glitch and the admins aren't wiping out posts that are critical of GM or dealers. The latter would not make sense though since there is a specific forum here for dealer reviews and many of those are negative. AND there are lots of posts from people unhappy with their car or GM although most of those seem to get resolved in time.
    rustybear3 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting