Playing Video - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Playing Video in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I downloaded these ATS videos (I see they are M3V): http://www.videoatgm.com/videos/us/e...646143249001/1 and they played properly from a USB stick while ...
    pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: Playing Video

I downloaded these ATS videos (I see they are M3V): http://www.videoatgm.com/videos/us/e...646143249001/1 and they played properly from a USB stick while I was parked.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Tonight I'll set my computer convert a couple video files to several resolutions/bitrates and see if that has an impact. If I can figure out what formats work and what doesn't I'll let people know.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    I'll set my computer convert a couple video files to several resolutions/bitrates and see if that has an impact. If I can figure out what formats work and what doesn't I'll let people know.
    Much appreciated. Looking forward to anything you figure out.

If I was Cadillac, I'd be a bit embarrassed that customers have to trial and error instead of reading it from their manual or other published material.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Okay, I put a bunch of file types, sizes, bitrates, and length onto drives with NTFS, FAT, and FAT32 formatting. None of them display any video, but all .wmv files play sound.

I have a manual transmission though, and tested it:
    Engine off, Park Break off
    Engine off, Park Break on
    Engine on, Park Break off
    Engine on, Park Break on

I will take the drives down to my dealer and test them on an ATS with an automatic transmission and an XTS to compare. The manual transmission lacks a "park gear" signal on the J1939 bus, so it just may not display video to the front screen, even though CUE shows "videos" as an option when browsing the USB drives.

BMWHATER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 blk dia tricoat w/ Morello red int

Thank you for all your time on this. I too am trying to find a way to play video on my CUE. I have also messed around with videos on my iPhone and iPad using the cable and the audio of the video will play but not the video. Why does something so simple have to be so complicated. All we need is a format that they know works and converting videos is easy.

Also, isn't CUE software open source? Is there anyone developing apps or has access to the programming as they might know more about compatible formats. Just an idea...

BMWHATER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 blk dia tricoat w/ Morello red int
    ImageUploadedByAG Free1377960907.852248.jpg

I finally got my CUE to play a video. Here is how it happened...1gb thumb drive formatted FAT32 had 2 folders (music, video) I put a few different formats of videos to see what CUE would play. It played .MOV files. Only in park. Doesn't matter if car on or off. As soon as u shift out if park the video goes away and audio keeps playing. Here's where it's really flawed. Notice in the pic it's not using all the screen and the progress bar and icons are on top of video. But at least it works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    roadpie4u likes this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWHATER View Post
    Attachment 140394

Notice in the pic it's not using all the screen and the progress bar and icons are on top of video. But at least it works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Mine works, and it seems that if you wait a little bit that bar and icons disappear, just like when you play audio files.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.