Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HID & LED Headlights

201K views 273 replies 85 participants last post by  crichgas 
#1 ·
Is it possible to get the OEM LED's from GM and have them installed on a lower trim level such as the Luxury? I really like the look of the LED strips in the lower fascia, however I do not need the Performance or Premium trim that they come standard on?

Also, is there and issues with the connectors for the Luxury headlights to switch to HID?

#254 ·
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting to the forum. Not sure if anyone else has covered this but there is a way to put in HID's WITHOUT taking off the front bumper.
I put my kit in on my 2015 ATS simply by popping off the air filter box for the driver side, And unbolting the fuse box and postive battery terminal on the passenger side. I had lots of room to get it done.
I put in HID's and fogs no problem!

This post has been deleted
#255 ·
OK, so with daylight savings now in effect, and having to drive home from work in the dark, I am finally going to upgrade my lights. After researching for week's I have narrowed it down to Xenon Depot Extreme HID 4300 or Xenon Depot LED. The reason I am considering the LED is the extra amount of work and parts in the HID kit.
I am curious if anyone has installed either on of these in their ATS, or if anyone has any suggestions one way or another to sway me?
I plan on buying later this week, and I will do a write up with pics on my experience and install for anyone else who has interest. thanks for any feedback!

#258 ·
Oh yeah it's an upgrade for sure. Much better then your stock halogens. Hids in this car is a big hassle. Some seem to get more life out of them but not most. There was a guy here that did the LEDs already and swears by them.. post when you can. LEDs will be a night and day upgrade.

#268 ·
LOVED MY HID 6000K on my IS300. I wish my ATS had HID as well. It may not show further distance however It was night and day with how much brighter the roads are. going from a car that had bad headlights to the HID was night and day and scary to drive in cars that did not have them since my eyes where so used to the HID

#270 ·
So what’s the consensus here guys ? I just got a 2013 ATS for a work car and the stock lights are crap. I don’t mind installing the H IDs or LEDs but I just want the best light I can get and the most trouble free when it comes to the flickering and errors that might pop up. I’ve read of ton of posts on this and I really can’t decide which way to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.