HID & LED Headlights - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HID & LED Headlights in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; FWIW, the MSRP difference between 2013 RWD Luxury and Performance was $2,400. That got you an upgraded stereo, driver awareness, ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: HID & LED Headlights

FWIW, the MSRP difference between 2013 RWD Luxury and Performance was $2,400. That got you an upgraded stereo, driver awareness, HIDs, adaptive lights, LEDs, lit door handles, sport seats with more power adjustments, aluminum pedals, paddle shifters for auto trans. If you added Nav and Driver Awareness to your luxury, the MSRP difference between the Luxury and Performance dropped to $1,055. Since most people don't pay MSRP, the real world difference between Luxury and Performance was smaller.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

yeah i would have gone with that one but that would have thrown my payments up by about 50. which would have been too much to justify the car for me at this point.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    FWIW, the MSRP difference between 2013 RWD Luxury and Performance was $2,400. That got you an upgraded stereo, driver awareness, HIDs, adaptive lights, LEDs, lit door handles, sport seats with more power adjustments, aluminum pedals, paddle shifters for auto trans. If you added Nav and Driver Awareness to your luxury, the MSRP difference between the Luxury and Performance dropped to $1,055. Since most people don't pay MSRP, the real world difference between Luxury and Performance was smaller.
    True, but I have been driving a Performance model, with the 3.6L, now for a week - a loaner - and to my surprise, I am liking the Luxury model more. Maybe it is because of seat settings - In my car the settings are 'right'

I turned off the Driver Awareness - it gets in the way: I turned off the lane-departure warning completely, and put the collision alert on minimum.

I ended up liking (having gotten used to) the converted HID over the (adaptive) factory HID.

I hardly found use for the paddle shifters - that is probably because I use the PAL (heavy foot) - and actually missed the seat heaters for my passenger.

All the other options (upgraded Bose, more seat adjustments, and the cosmetics: LED trim, door handles, aluminum pedals) were not noticeable to me.

And of course, the Performance lacks the folding rear seat.

I do think that the Premium model options, MRC, adaptive cruise control, e-brake, HUD and LSD may be of more interest, but then the price gap grows.

If I had to purchase again, I would still pick the Luxury 3.6L - basically because of the folding rear seats - over the Performance 3.6L, and probably would not justify the Premium in either 2.0T or 3.6L trim. Forget the driver awareness package, but add the heater package (seats + steering wheel). But ymmv. (And hopefully, Cadillac does add (non-adaptive) HID lighting in the Luxury trim, at least as an option).

The Performance model also had fewer miles (2k versus my 7k) and it felt a bit 'sluggish'. Also, the mpg never came above 25.6mpg - whereas I get up to 28.3mpg the Luxury model already. But I am sure that these cars are alike eventually.

BTW - this is the third ATS that I have been in that has 17" tires with equal pressure front & rear, even though the guide states higher pressure in rear.

bollyjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

Quote Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
    True, but I have been driving a Performance model, with the 3.6L, now for a week - a loaner - and to my surprise, I am liking the Luxury model more. Maybe it is because of seat settings - In my car the settings are 'right'

I turned off the Driver Awareness - it gets in the way: I turned off the lane-departure warning completely, and put the collision alert on minimum.

I ended up liking (having gotten used to) the converted HID over the (adaptive) factory HID.
    [/I]
    What is the converted HID? ON the Luxary Trim?

Not really sure why you quoted me to argue the Luxury is better (for you) than Performance since I didn't say either was better than the other. They make different collections because different people want different things. They would not offer a collection unless a large number of people would prefer it.

But some of your facts were wrong or could be misleading due to being incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
    The Performance and Premium seats can be adjusted to the same settings as the Luxury. I can understand someone not caring about the additional adjustments but if you prefer the settings you are using in your Luxury and can't duplicate them in a Premium or Performance its quite possible you could not duplicate them in another Luxury or even your own if they got changed.

I do think that the Premium model options, MRC, adaptive cruise control, e-brake, HUD and LSD may be of more interest, but then the price gap grows.
    I believe all collections (even the base) include e-brake and LSD with the manual transmission RWD 2.0T. Adaptive Cruise is NOT available with the manual transmission 2.0T in any collection.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

eh, premium can keep magnesium paddles, HUD.. hell even the H.I.D's I just wanted my damn LED flaking lights!

h3rmes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    i was able to install my aftermarket hid kit thanks to Blue_Skies he send me instructions but i did not take the bumper off did it from the wheel well behid the headlight its tight there but duable. The results are amazing. I will take pictures later on when it gets dark. no need to spend extra money just purchase a good hid kit 6000k bulbs and anti flikker resisters. I bought mine from DDM tunning they are really good
    Hey Romanats,

I am thinking about buying these:

http://www.carxenonhidkits.com/9006-...m-ballast-55w/

They have a built in anti-flicker chip in the ballast. What do you think?

Regards,
    H3rmes

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

they look good but i am not sure if they will cancel flickering properelly i would go with the set up that is already been tested and i know it works.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Exactly Hoosier, you're already in the high priced Cadillac territory already....makes no sense to me to forgo a thousand or so and then spend hours and money trying to get options that you could have had; and I'm sorry, IMO the add ons NEVER look as good as factory; especially LEDS...to each his own....p.s .... I had to drive a Luxury model when my CUE was being updated. The car screamed anything but luxury; no LEDS, no lighted handles, no HIDS, no HUD, no heated seats, not even Navigation...more of a stripped, basic car rather than "luxury"- really a misnomer. If I couldn't afford a performance or premium model, I'd wait or get a different car. Better yet, get a used Premium in a year or so and save depreciation.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Exactly Hoosier, you're already in the high priced Cadillac territory already....makes no sense to me to forgo a thousand or so and then spend hours and money trying to get options that you could have had; and I'm sorry, IMO the add ons NEVER look as good as factory; especially LEDS...to each his own....p.s .... I had to drive a Luxury model when my CUE was being updated. The car screamed anything but luxury; no LEDS, no lighted handles, no HIDS, no HUD, no heated seats, not even Navigation...more of a stripped, basic car rather than "luxury"- really a misnomer. If I couldn't afford a performance or premium model, I'd wait or get a different car. Better yet, get a used Premium in a year or so and save depreciation.
    Dude will you stop bad mouthing our cars? My luxury has heated seats and navigation. So how could you assume it screams anything but luxury when the only difference between mine and your interior is the HUD? And FYI, the LEDs you're thinking of are cheap led strips and no one has thought of putting that on this car. If we go through and add the led to the headlights, believe me it will look exactly factory since the plan is to use factory parts to retrofit so you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

you guys are funny I have the base ATS and i am happy with it mine is a leace so i dont want to spend extra money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    Dude will you stop bad mouthing our cars? My luxury has heated seats and navigation. So how could you assume it screams anything but luxury when the only difference between mine and your interior is the HUD? And FYI, the LEDs you're thinking of are cheap led strips and no one has thought of putting that on this car. If we go through and add the led to the headlights, believe me it will look exactly factory since the plan is to use factory parts to retrofit so you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    FWIW Rustybear repeatedly made it clear he was talking about himself: "no sense to me" "I had to drive" "I'd wait or get a different car".

I'm not bothered by someone having a different opinion, in fact I prefer that since I'm not likely to improve my thoughts on anything by hearing what I already agree with. What's annoying to me is when people express their opinions as if they are absolutes with words like: "no sense" "You have to drive" "You should wait or get..."
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

h3rmes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    they look good but i am not sure if they will cancel flickering properelly i would go with the set up that is already been tested and i know it works.
    Okay. I will give that a shot. Will any anti-flicker chip off of ebay work? I saw a number of them for 9006.

CTSMOZZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I just did a HID conversion the my CTS and installed a LED light strip also.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3351761

how did you do LED s

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.