HID & LED Headlights - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HID & LED Headlights in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; guys i want to put original HID bulbs in my ATS is this possible or do i have to buy ...
    AK Masta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Re: HID & LED Headlights

guys i want to put original HID bulbs in my ATS is this possible or do i have to buy an aftermarket one?

goesquik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by bboren994
    Are there 2 bulbs in the headlights? 1 for high beam, 1 for low beam? If you put on the aftermarket HID's, what happens to your high beams? Are you positive the bulb is the 9006?
    Not sure about the two bulbs question, but the bulb itself is an HIR2 (9012); more lumens same wattage and lasts longer compared to the 9006. Since the overall bulb dimensions are similar and the bulb base is almost identical these can be interchanged with ease.

zzzzzzzzzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

does anybody know, if i can put hids on a leased ats?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yes of course you can, you can do whatever you want with it.. just make sure it looks like the day it left the dealership when you return it lol

in reality though things like HIDS and Tint are never an issue, guy in my cobalt club returned his SS with an intake header tint and hids and they didn't even say anything lol

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    I have a standard 2.0 turbo with no fog. Is the harness their to put the regular OEM fog lights in? Has anyone done this? Did they use the dealer? I am very disappointed I did not realize this when I sign on the dotted line. I read through this thread and did not see that question answered... Thanks

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

i was looking on ebay and found that some sellers are selling replacement covers where the fogs go with covers that have a nice integrated led strip nothing for ATS yet but i emailed one of the sellers hopefully they will be out soon hear is one example for malibu they also have it for regal and srx and manny ohter model

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-daytime-...49d326&vxp=mtr

as for HID i am going to replace regular bulb with hid kit i think there has to be another way to do it without bumper removal i am going to look at it later on today it looks like you can get in there from the wheel duct

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

those replacement panels actually look really good! keep us posted if they make them for the ATS, actually I message him now to, get the demand out there haha

Update
    I WAS ABLE TO GET TO THE HEADLIGHT FROM THE BACK YOU NEED TO UNSCREW COUPLE OF SCREWS PULL OUT THE DUST COVER AND YOU HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE HEADLIGHT NO NEED TO TAKE THE BUMPER OFF.
    THE ONLY PROBLEM I INCOUNTERD WAS FLIKERING

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Update
    I WAS ABLE TO GET TO THE HEADLIGHT FROM THE BACK YOU NEED TO UNSCREW COUPLE OF SCREWS PULL OUT THE DUST COVER AND YOU HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE HEADLIGHT NO NEED TO TAKE THE BUMPER OFF.
    THE ONLY PROBLEM I INCOUNTERD WAS FLIKERING
    Did u install original hid bulbs or aftermarket?

aftermarket hid kit

do u have any idea if just original hid bulbs will fit and work?

i am not sure but dont think it will work the whole headlight is different

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocco11189 View Post
    Thank you for the PM it was very helpful and informative. If I ordered the OEM fog lights would I have to splice them in or is the harness there for me to do a direct plug in?

+1 Can anyone answer this?

guys do u think its possible to buy performance package headlights with the led and the fog light and install it on the base model?

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    +1 Can anyone answer this?
    Yes, this was addressed earlier in the thread. The answer is NO. It does not fit in the current light housing, nor is the prerequisite wire harnass present.

Going aftermarket is a much easier solution.

OEM means replacing the bulbs, the headlight units, adding ballasts and a new wire-harnass back to the battery.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by AK Masta View Post
    do u have any idea if just original hid bulbs will fit and work?
    No - they will not - see earlier part in this thread.

I ordered the hid bulbs, per the mechanic instructions, as they appear to 'fit' in the technical (shop) drawings, but they are made for a different headlight housing - they are NOT compatible.

Aftermarket is easiest.

----------

aftermarket hid kit
    Yes, it is much easier and cheaper than it sounds like.

The headlight units work remarkably well with HID lights - no glare, sharp cut-off, good light distribution.

----------

i was looking on ebay and found that some sellers are selling replacement covers where the fogs go with covers that have a nice integrated led strip nothing for ATS yet but i emailed one of the sellers hopefully they will be out soon hear is one example for malibu they also have it for regal and srx and manny ohter model

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-daytime-...49d326&vxp=mtr

as for HID i am going to replace regular bulb with hid kit i think there has to be another way to do it without bumper removal i am going to look at it later on today it looks like you can get in there from the wheel duct
    I see them now for ATS - with build-in LED strip - but still a bit expensive:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.