HID & LED Headlights - Page 15
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HID & LED Headlights in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; New here....I am looking to add the HID lights that come with the better models....I have a base 2.0T with ...
    ATS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: HID & LED Headlights

New here....I am looking to add the HID lights that come with the better models....I have a base 2.0T with the halogen lights...anyone know if this can be done?

thanks!

Nmacd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD

Installed the stock fog light,bought on line and had local shop put in. Total cost $600

rspitler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmacd
    Installed the stock fog light,bought on line and had local shop put in. Total cost $600
    The ATS does not come with fog lights..........

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    The ATS does not come with fog lights..........
    Im working on that...will see how my experiment comes out

vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Since this thread is already started and I will be doing this here is the parts I have accumulated so far that are needed:

HEADLAMP 22989364 These are Auto Leveling and AFS
    HEADLAMP 22989363 "" "" ""
    DRL LAMP 22913518
    DRL LAMP 22913519
    BEZEL 22787984
    BEZEL 22787985
    TRIM 22787986
    TRIM 22787987

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/gzdbxtzyp...UBELe1YZRSPyaa

Aside from some wiring that will be needed the biggest problem I need to solve is manually adjusting the headamps left to right as these are motorized. From what I have gathered all HID lamps feature this AFS option, These were bought on ebay at a pretty good deal so I went for it.

Edit the Lamps noted above are auto leveling and turning (AFS) - This proved to be more work to Lock in the AFS gear but it was done.
    mechevar likes this.

Good luck, I just finished getting the parts I need to install fog lamps.

Well just got done completing the headlamps today and man it was a bit more involved than I thought. The alldata schematics on the non T4F Base headlamps is NOT correct so all the research I had done before taking anything apart went out the window.
    Notes and procedures:
    - The base DRL/low beams are fed by the BCM not the fuses and relay that alldata shows
    - To get the new DRLs to work I moved the drl/low to this new cavity on the connector. Pin 4 moves to pin 11
    - The new DRL's need a ground as the base connector has no pins in that cavity so a ground is provided on Pin 10 (you will need to provide a new terminal)
    - The turn signal terminal needs to be moved from pin 7 to pin 6 where park input was (the park terminal was cut off and used later)
    - To power the Hid's I used the park signal input into a relay and ran a fused power circuit to both lamps Pin 4 (this allows the auto headlmaps to work as when dusk the park lamps go on triggering the HID's too)
    - Flash to pass feature - I wanted this to work with the headlamps off during the day for safety reasons. I used the High Beam sol+ input to trigger the HID relay but I needed to install a blocking diode so it wouldnt backfeed the circuit when the HIDs are on.

Good for you! I just don't have it in me to do all that. I definitely appreciate the work involved and more power to ya for doing it yourself.
    vseries likes this.

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

How much in parts? Pics installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by vseries View Post
    Since this thread is already started and I will be doing this here is the parts I have accumulated so far that are needed:

HEADLAMP 22989364 These are Auto Leveling and AFS
    HEADLAMP 22989363 "" "" ""
    DRL LAMP 22913518
    DRL LAMP 22913519
    BEZEL 22787984
    BEZEL 22787985
    TRIM 22787986
    TRIM 22787985

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/gzdbxtzyp...UBELe1YZRSPyaa

Aside from some wiring that will be needed the biggest problem I need to solve is manually adjusting the headamps left to right as these are motorized. From what I have gathered all HID lamps feature this AFS option, These were bought on ebay at a pretty good deal so I went for it.

Edit the Lamps noted above are auto leveling and turning (AFS) - This proved to be more work to Lock in the AFS gear but it was done.

About 1400 with used headlamps and one used drl . This is all I got for right now. Drls are set on high all the time so should look great at night

Pic for now

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Nice job man. Looks good. And not a bad price for OEM look. Nice if the DRL's are on high all the time. Well I know it can be done now. Let us know if you have any problems down the road.
    Pic for now

SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk

Well just got done completing the headlamps today and man it was a bit more involved than I thought. The alldata schematics on the non T4F Base headlamps is NOT correct so all the research I had done before taking anything apart went out the window.
    Notes and procedures:
    - The base DRL/low beams are fed by the BCM not the fuses and relay that alldata shows
    - To get the new DRLs to work I moved the drl/low to this new cavity on the connector. Pin 4 moves to pin 11
    - The new DRL's need a ground as the base connector has no pins in that cavity so a ground is provided on Pin 10 (you will need to provide a new terminal)
    - The turn signal terminal needs to be moved from pin 7 to pin 6 where park input was (the park terminal was cut off and used later)
    - To power the Hid's I used the park signal input into a relay and ran a fused power circuit to both lamps Pin 4 (this allows the auto headlmaps to work as when dusk the park lamps go on triggering the HID's too)
    - Flash to pass feature - I wanted this to work with the headlamps off during the day for safety reasons. I used the High Beam sol+ input to trigger the HID relay but I needed to install a blocking diode so it wouldnt backfeed the circuit when the HIDs are on.

That is FANTASTIC! I have been struggling with this for a long time, and have heard replacement of the engine harness is necessary. So, you mad a new PIN Connector? And got HIDs and DRLs on your car?

It's been working great past few days with auto functioning like stock and flash to pass as well.

It certainly is possible without having to buy any harnesses. The main component added in was a relay the rest involved repinning the connector. You will need 2 terminals however that fit into the connector. Here are updated pics
    Attached Images
    GTO to ATS and Sunyaw like this.

SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk

I knew there had to be a way to do it... That is great. I have actually been toying with whether to buy my car out of my lease, or trade on a Premium... and the lamps had some to do with it (shallow, I know .. I have some HIDs, and some anti flicker ballasts... so your saaying all I would need now are some stock DRL lamps, lower LEDs and two pin terminals and I am in business? That is totally great. You said they auto function, meaning auto lamps on/off? You locked the steering/ lamp turn function out right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.