HID & LED Headlights - Page 14
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HID & LED Headlights in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JoeyCts If anyone knows if you can retro fit the HID for the standard lights I would ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: HID & LED Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCts View Post
    If anyone knows if you can retro fit the HID for the standard lights I would greatly appreciate it .. My body shop wants to order than but not sure if the wiring harness will work!! I call my Cadillac dealer and they didn't even know .. I would really appreciate the help..
    It's a very simple DIY project. Probably under $100. You already have projector housings. You just replace the halogen bulb with HIDs. May be better than factory since you can choose the color temperature and power.

If you also want the factory LED accent lights, that's another story. I think the housings with those are around $1,000 per side and will require some custom wiring to get them working right.

jrusso0102 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hey when you ordered the hid kit what bulb number did they sent u?

Caddyats82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

Is it possible to use oem cadillac escalde hid bulb and ballast on the cadillac ats would the bulb fit?

MikeATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyats82 View Post
    Is it possible to use oem cadillac escalde hid bulb and ballast on the cadillac ats would the bulb fit?
    My guess is that it would be a different size considering everything about the 2 vehicles is different, including the headlight casing... However, it may be possible to strip the the bulb and rubber cement it to the casing? <--I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're desperate!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyats82 View Post
    why mess with that? HID kits can be had for <100, thats almost as much as some people spend on there phones each month...do it right

MikeATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    why mess with that? HID kits can be had for <100, thats almost as much as some people spend on there phones each month...do it right
    agreed... I got my kit from DDM tuning with anti-flicker for under $50 w/ shipping. Some people are obsessed with OEM parts though...

cant see why^ half the time they're overpriced and real quality aftermarket parts usually do the job better

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    cant see why^ half the time they're overpriced and real quality aftermarket parts usually do the job better
    cant wait to see the HID kit from TRS when it arrives friday

Caddyats82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

Re: Which HID is the best for Cadillac ATS 2.0T Standard
    Reason i asked about oem escalade hid cause i have 2 spare sets oem tend to last longer but can someone refer me where to buy the hid for the ats and what do i need to get, and is it true can access through wheel housing and no need to remove bumper?

you know its funny, a mod PM'd me about that sticky and laughed he said

"once I make this a sticky... nobody will read it anymore"

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...how-h-i-d.html

thats every step how to do it without taking the front bumper off.....

you can buy HIDS from Amazon, eBay etc... just get the right Bulb type. I've always been fond of Lumens brand, a bit pricey but work well.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

TRS (The Retrofit Source) has some amazing stuff. I used their Morimotto kit: Incredible

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    TRS (The Retrofit Source) has some amazing stuff. I used their Morimotto kit: Incredible
    give a quick impression/review my morimoto kit arrived yesterday build quality is pretty amazing, I got the can bus adapters and upgraded to the xb35 bulbs after speaking with TRS, they also talked me into 5000k instead of the 4300k I was going to get. the gentleman said the xb35 at 5000k is the set of choice among their employees and makes a color i'll love

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm looking to put an LED strip on the outside like your garage pic. Which LED strip did you buy and how do you get it along the outside edge of the housing? What you have looks really smooth and I think it will look great with the HID upgrade I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyjd6 View Post
    No its pretty simple, vertically just make sure they look level then you can adjust them with a allen wrench once they're mounted. then horizontally you do have to take the cover off the back to slide the light back and forth, so i adjusted them on the car before then mounted them after.

Heres some pics of light and ballast, not gorgeous, but it works and i wanted it to be waterproof.
    Attachment 122818Attachment 122834

And a terrible photo in my messy garage all working. haha. I actually think the aftermarket HID's look a little better than the stock, they look like they match the LED's a little better.
    Attachment 122842

tbodker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where did you find the after market hid

----------

When I purchased this car it had to be brought in from another dealer, I was told the car would be exactly the same one I saw but different interior and exterior colors. After I got the car home i noticed it had no led lights. they told me I could upgrade for $1000 per headlamp. The LED lights were very important to me and the dealer will be upgrading the headlamps or I'm going to return the car..

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by tbodker View Post
    Where did you find the after market hid

----------

When I purchased this car it had to be brought in from another dealer, I was told the car would be exactly the same one I saw but different interior and exterior colors. After I got the car home i noticed it had no led lights. they told me I could upgrade for $1000 per headlamp. The LED lights were very important to me and the dealer will be upgrading the headlamps or I'm going to return the car..
    If they told you it was the same except the colors then that is what it should be. Make them take it back.
    You need to compare the RPO code list to see if it really is "exactly the same".

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.