Wheel Bolt Pattern and Offset - Winter Tires - RWD
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Wheel Bolt Pattern and Offset - Winter Tires - RWD in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm wondering if anyone knows the bolt pattern and recommended offset for purchasing a set of aftermarket wheels for winter? ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Wheel Bolt Pattern and Offset - Winter Tires - RWD

I'm wondering if anyone knows the bolt pattern and recommended offset for purchasing a set of aftermarket wheels for winter?
    Also, I'd assume it to be the case (as some of the lower trims have them) but do 17" wheels clear the Brembo brakes (or maybe even 16"'s?)?

I ask because winter is approaching and I have on order a 2.0T manual premium ATS and am looking to purchase a set of winter wheels/tires to be prepared for the upcoming winter season.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Wheel Bolt Pattern and Offset - Winter Tires - RWD

I would call Tire Rack. They have reps there who seem to know everything about everything when it comes to wheels and tires. You just have to find the right person over there.

I don't know if I would count on 17" wheels clearing the Brembos. Certainly not 16". I think there is only one or two 17" out there that will clear the rear brembos on the CTS-V and Camaro, and they are specially designed wheels for drag racing.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

17s will definitely clear the calipers, as they are standard on all ATSs except the Premium models, and all but the base 2.5 have the Brembos. Some 16's will probably work, as the discs aren't that big, made possible by the relative light weight of the cars. The Tire Rack would definitely know what would work. The 16s will probably look pretty small, though.

Thanks for all the replies and info!
    I have looked on Tire Rack, however was deterred when they had no information available online.
    I just assume in this day and age if you know something, it's probably on your online shop also.
    I'll give them a call and go from there I've ordered plenty from them in the past.

If they have the info, I'll share my findings.

As for the 17's, that was my thoughts considering other trims have the Brembo's with the 17's, now the 16's on the other hand was just wishful thinking (boy would they look tiny, BUT this would be strictly for winter tires so more tread = good!)

The ATS brembos must be pretty small then. Even the CTS-V and Camaro rear brakes are 14" diameter.

You might ask for a guy named Rudy (if he is still there) He reps tire rack on alot of forums, and he really knows his stuff. Tirerack only shows items on their website that are officially confirmed to fit. When I was looking for 18" wheels for my Camaro SS, NO ONE lists 18s that will clear the brembos. But unofficially, Rudy had 6 different wheels in inventory that he confirmed to clear the brembos (as long as the pad weights were removed from the front brakes) PM me if you want his email address.

As for winter tires, I really don't think there is enough difference between 16" and 17" wheels to be concerned about. You are only talking 1/2" more sidewall.

So I called Tire Rack, and lets just say I'd prefer those 2 minutes of my life back!.. It was surprising to say the least, but if they don't have anything they can tell me, then I guess that's to be expected.
    I didn't ask for Rudy, but thanks for the name.
    I asked if they'd get back to me with some info and he basically told me to call Cadillac!
    It went back and forth and the guy told me that they don't have one yet, and haven't done test fittings, cad drawings, etc...
    I was left with no info, and a somewhat unhelpful response.
    I guess I'll just have to wait until I have the car, but being as big as Tire Rack is I just expected a bit more helpful answers or taking down my info to get back to me.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I've talked to Damon there for years.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Most of the sales people there are call takers. We are lucky they even know what a tire is. You have to get to the guys who know their stuff. They are there, you just have to get to them. But they may not even have the info. The ATS just hit the market after all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.