Ecotec LTG
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Ecotec LTG in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone seen any data on the specs for the LTG? I would hope it is at least as stout ...
  1. #1
    ComputersAre8ad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Not yet...
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Ecotec LTG

    Has anyone seen any data on the specs for the LTG? I would hope it is at least as stout as the LNF. If not I'm not sure I'd buy it... I would probably end up having to wait for a V series.

    Post up some links if you know of any that are available.

    Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Its obviously worse then the outgoing engine in every way. Go for the V.

  4. #3
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Moosomin Saskatchewan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,728

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Why not get the 3.6 V6!?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!


    **Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

    *Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

  5. #4
    ComputersAre8ad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Not yet...
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Its obviously worse then the outgoing engine in every way. Go for the V.
    Any sort of documentation that would support your statement?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Why not get the 3.6 V6!?
    Tuning alone is going to put the turbo ahead in terms of horsepower.

  6. #5
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputersAre8ad View Post
    Any sort of documentation that would support your statement?
    No, and why would I need to? The statement was an obvious exaggeration to try to convince you to steer towards the V...a car you say you are allready interested in. Although, I guess it wasnt that obvious...

    Tuning the LTG is only an option for people who dont care about losing warranty, or have a dealer who will look the other way.

  7. #6
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    dbl down dbl decker

  8. #7
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Tuning alone is going to put the turbo ahead in terms of horsepower.
    that. and Just about everything else about the engine. the LFX is a modder's nightmare, if it wasn't in the camaro it would be a dead platform.

    What I want to know, is if the 2.0T has integrated exhaust manifolds. If it doesn't we're good to go for a 2.0TFSI audi competitor.

  9. #8
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    The only thing it precludes is the use of headers. Not many people put headers on 6 and 4 cylinders. At least not in luxury sedans.

  10. #9
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    I would sure like a set of LT headers for my CTS coupe! Been looking, they have them for the Camaro 3.6.

  11. #10
    ComputersAre8ad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Not yet...
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    No, and why would I need to? The statement was an obvious exaggeration to try to convince you to steer towards the V...a car you say you are allready interested in. Although, I guess it wasnt that obvious...

    Tuning the LTG is only an option for people who dont care about losing warranty, or have a dealer who will look the other way.
    Because I asked a specific question and was looking for real answers. The V is an interest, but I enjoy the idea of a small motor pushing big numbers and if the V6 ONLY got an auto, who's to say that the V won't ONLY get an auto; which I'm not okay with.

    Regarding tuning- I'm not worried about losing the warranty on the motor because if I push enough power to break it, I'll have to pay for it.

    End of the story is I want to know if I'm going to be able to push a respectable amount of power out of it with out it popping early. 350 whp should be easy for the motor but I'd prefer to see 400 reliably. The LNF can.. I just wanted to know if the LTG can. That's all.

  12. #11
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputersAre8ad View Post
    Because I asked a specific question and was looking for real answers. The V is an interest, but I enjoy the idea of a small motor pushing big numbers and if the V6 ONLY got an auto, who's to say that the V won't ONLY get an auto; which I'm not okay with.

    Regarding tuning- I'm not worried about losing the warranty on the motor because if I push enough power to break it, I'll have to pay for it.

    End of the story is I want to know if I'm going to be able to push a respectable amount of power out of it with out it popping early. 350 whp should be easy for the motor but I'd prefer to see 400 reliably. The LNF can.. I just wanted to know if the LTG can. That's all.
    I don't believe it's within cadillac's vision to take back the 'driver's luxury sedan market' with an all-auto-lineup.

    Even at 16%, The take rate on manuals in the CTS-V is astronomical compared to any other sedan segment. I'm unsure of why they decided to make the V6 only an auto option, maybe because most S4's, and 335's are automatics, or maybe because the tremec for the 2.0T didn't have a clutch ready for the extra power. I don't believe it was because they're loosing interest in the transmission. It's more likely because they demograped that the 'driver's' will want the turbo because;

    a) it weighs less
    b) the LFX is pretty handi-capped for modifying..
    and possibly;
    c) because only the adaptive CC and other tech goodies work with the auto, and it would sort of be weird to have your top trim engine without top trim accessoires.


    I know for a fact.. given the choice between a turbo 4 and the LFX in a manual ATS, I'd pick the 4-banger every time.

    As for speculating what this new powertrain will be able to handle, I believe if it could reliably handle 350WHP through the block and drivetrain we'd be doing pretty good.

    Even the 1.8t/2.0T can't accomplish that without a clutch and maybe rods.

  13. #12
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    I do not at all understand why they are not offering a manual with the LFX. If it was the low volume, that's one thing. But they continue to offer it in the Camaro. Why not offer it in the CTS and ATS?

  14. #13
    M5eater's Avatar
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I do not at all understand why they are not offering a manual with the LFX. If it was the low volume, that's one thing. But they continue to offer it in the Camaro. Why not offer it in the CTS and ATS?
    .

    The Camaro has a different demograph than people looking at a $45K compact/midsized luxury sedan.

  15. #14
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    I understand that. My point is that the powertrain combo is already in place. It's not like they have to develop it. If there was no Camaro, I would completely understand no manual at all in the CTS. But the Camaro exists, the LFX/manual combo exists. Why can't it be on the option sheet for people to order? It's not like dealers have to order them. But it would be nice for GM to make it available to those willing to special order.

  16. #15
    marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    769

    Re: Ecotec LTG

    I also wish the V6/MT combo was offered. The extra 50+ horsepower, lack of turbo lag, lack of vibration, and regular fuel are all appealing. It also doesn't seem to weigh all that much more than the turbo four, so the handling balance shouldn't be a whole lot different (unlike the BMW 335, which weighs about 100 lb more than the 328, all up front). The V6/MT combo started in the CTS, even before the Camaro. I had an '08 before getting my CTS-V. It was sad to see Cadillac discontinue that combo in the CTS, as there was then no MT for the coupe (probably a more logical market for a stick than a sedan, IMO), then it's apparently gone even with the 3.0 for 2013 (why they even bother with the 3.0 is another question). Since the drivetrain already exists currently in the Camaro, I wouldn't imagine that it would cost that much more to certify it It would probably result in even greater sales, and probably greater owner satisfaction if they can obtain exactly what they prefer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting