Why only 6 cogs? - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Why only 6 cogs? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho No, because you're a frontrunner. You mock the current V(in its 5th year of production) as ...
    youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Re: Why only 6 cogs?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No, because you're a frontrunner. You mock the current V(in its 5th year of production) as being inferior to an M5 that just came out. The V has been doing just fine with what its had. Not that the M5 is blowing the V's doors off as is, anyway.

Again, you're just a whiney frontrunner.
    Cadillac motto is the standard of the world, are you saying thats BS? Must be since your coining me a whiney front runner. Never mocked teh CTS-V, you should run for public office your great at taking things outta context. What I said was Cadillac benched marked the M5 as it developed the CTS-V, BMW is not bench marking any Cadillac so who really the standard? The new M5 is blowing the doors off the CTS-V, thats not a insult but the truth, but I'm pretty sure the next gen CTS-V will change that.

thebigjimsho, just say it "just getting by is good enough for me"

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I think every ATS should be hand built with custom everything and the newest technology for all systems (including the W12 I want in it) and only cost $40000 because that's what I think and I know I'm right.
    Really, sub compacts for 13K feature convential 6-speed boxes, so questioning 6-speeds in a 40K vehicle that is the standard of the world is not a stretch seeing as though the vehicle its chasing after(3-series) features better tech cog boxes.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the question 'why only 6 cogs?' implies that GM could have used something else (better)
    so while you didn't say that specifically, that's how your question reads

the rest of what you're saying reads as if you're trying to troll us
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    do you listen to anything? here are the facts:

GM is working on an 8-speed.

GM went in to bankruptcy.

8-speed development delayed.

I don't know how we can make it more simple for you.

What is Cadillacs motto? Very simple question

who listens when insults that lack any substance are thrown?

So wait GM thinks we need more than 6, who would have thought. But GM should should read this thread 1st before wasting money deploying such a rediculous dreamed up gear box

the standard right now across the world seem to be a 6-speed automatic gearbox to me

Cadillac's motto is not "the bleeding edge of the world"
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

People are so set on being right that feel the need to insult when one disagrees with anothers post.

Look I drive a Cadillac, like others here. But when other automakers are making ground breaking vehicles yes I will question GM/Cadillac. GM/Cadillac has innovation no doubt CUE and the ATS's suspension are fine examples, but where is that no compromise vehicle, where all bases are covered and its not half baked. The GTR is some categories is the standard of the world, CUE from Cadillac, the new Range Rover dropped 700 lbs such a feat would transform the Escalade those are what I consider examples of "The Standard of the world".

How many GTRs are sold each year?
    do you know when the next escalade is coming? do you know how many pounds it is going to shed?

you're in a fantasy land where you wish GM would do this and do that and bring it to market yesterday

well they are doing these things ... just have some patience and chill out

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    How many GTRs are sold each year?
    do you know when the next escalade is coming? do you know how many pounds it is going to shed?

you're in a fantasy land where you wish GM would do this and do that and bring it to market yesterday

well they are doing these things ... just have some patience and chill out
    I gave examples of ground breaking feats in the auto industry, never said GM should do anything but embrace their motto.

Hey some of us are dreamers, which is why so many essentially new companies are competing with the big boys, Lexus, Kia/Hyundai, as examples cause getting by just wasn't good enough for them.

Chill-out on jumping down my throat for wanting more vehicles like the ZR1, Cruze Eco, CTS-V, CTS Coupe design, etc from GM these vehicles have established some standards in my opinion vs chasing the competition.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    I gave examples of ground breaking feats in the auto industry, never said GM should do anything but embrace their motto.

Hey some of us are dreamers, which is why so many essentially new companies are competing with the big boys, Lexus, Kia/Hyundai, as examples cause getting by just wasn't good enough for them.

Chill-out on jumping down my throat for wanting more vehicles like the ZR1, Cruze Eco, CTS-V, CTS Coupe design, etc from GM these vehicles have established some standards in my opinion vs chasing the competition.
    I would hardly call Lexus new, but they're no Peugeot so I guess it's all relative.
    I fail to see why if most vehicles offer a 6 speed, that means Cadillac must use a newer technology (that may or may not even show you any improvement) just to be 'the standard.' Proven technology is still around for a reason. You might as well say the new M5 is a hunk of crap because it doesn't have CUE, which is 'available' technology. No one could afford a vehicle that was the best of the best in every category, you have to make trade offs...
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Cadillac motto is the standard of the world, are you saying thats BS? Must be since your coining me a whiney front runner. Never mocked teh CTS-V, you should run for public office your great at taking things outta context. What I said was Cadillac benched marked the M5 as it developed the CTS-V, BMW is not bench marking any Cadillac so who really the standard? The new M5 is blowing the doors off the CTS-V, thats not a insult but the truth, but I'm pretty sure the next gen CTS-V will change that.

thebigjimsho, just say it "just getting by is good enough for me"
    How is the new M5 blowing the doors off of the CTS-V? Ridiculous.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

6 speed autos will do this car well.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I would hardly call Lexus new, but they're no Peugeot so I guess it's all relative.
    I fail to see why if most vehicles offer a 6 speed, that means Cadillac must use a newer technology (that may or may not even show you any improvement) just to be 'the standard.' Proven technology is still around for a reason. You might as well say the new M5 is a hunk of crap because it doesn't have CUE, which is 'available' technology. No one could afford a vehicle that was the best of the best in every category, you have to make trade offs...
    When I referenced Lexus I had the LS in-mind, basically in a relatively short amount of time the vehicle moved up the food chain. 4 speeds autos did the job as do 6. Do you disagree that there are benefits to going with more gears and a different technology? BMW is not benchmarking another vehicle, so CUE isn't necessary, most if not all euros don't do touch screen.

No one could afford a vehicle that was the best of the best in every category, you have to make trade offs - depends on your intent

LS3 MN6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did I walk into a comedy club?

JimmyH and JimmyH like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.