Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater what are they putting out? Like 300whp? Seems plausible to me. Have you seen the remapped ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    what are they putting out? Like 300whp? Seems plausible to me. Have you seen the remapped 3.0T's in the S4's? They put out 400AWHP with a tune and supporting mods these days. FYI I put down 419whp on a hot day.

Now if they could only make it slightly less expensive than $1550..
    Last I checked, the N55 was much closer to 300 horsepower than the N54 was - which was closer to 330... That's why I don't understand how they're getting the same performance... As for the S4s, I do really liked them. What do you mean remapped, though? What was changed? I know they're very easy to modify and there's an excellent aftermarket to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    So, you think BMW will keep the 3.0 for US 335i? They never had different engines for the same type before. I don't want to sound like an expert on BMW, but you just don't make sense to me. Yes, BMW will not ship all engines to the US, but I cannot imagine the 335i in Europe will have a different engine from the US 335i.
    I'm pretty confident the 335i will continue to get a turbo V6 for the foreseeable future...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

What do you mean remapped, though?
    just a computer tune.

I'm pretty confident the 335i will continue to get a turbo V6 for the foreseeable future...
    seih Germans vill naught be pleazed. Sorry, had to poke fun at that

I seem to remember a BMW that swore they'd never embrase a V6 engine design.. and what's the F80 m3 getting again? kthxbie.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Watch the 328i get a horsepower bump in 2014 after the ATS is out for a year.

The 2.0T in the BMW should be good for 270 HP. Of course the 2.0T in the ATS probably can be upped to 280 HP with no effort.

The 3.6L in the ATS will put down power like the 335i Turbo I6 does. That is to say they both put down 320-330 HP.

BTW, the idea of jumping an extra 100 HP into a turbo engine with a chip, while doable DESTROYS the durability of the engine. You'll grenade the thing in 1/2 the lifetime.

GM's Twin Turbo won't put out 450 HP. It will however put out around 400 HP, but not much more. No need to. In the XTS I can see it detuned to 390 or something. The Twin Turbo will be at about a 50 HP deficit to the LT1 V8 in stock form. Granted the Twin will still make "V8 power"

I think some of you guys get way too carried away with the realistic HP expectations on the various trim levels. If you notice the world of over 400 HP engines is getting smaller (granted the number of 500 HP and 600 HP engines is going up but at the expense of 400 HP engines the top end is becoming more spread out).

There is NO NEED to have an over 400 HP sedan as a Non-performance model. It's the "magic number" between performance and pedestrian. 15 years ago it was 300 HP, but with CAFE you are likely to see it go back down not up.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I have to wonder about the Shelby and forthcoming Viper. If the V guys here are griping about the gas guzzler tax...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I have to wonder about the Shelby and forthcoming Viper. If the V guys here are griping about the gas guzzler tax...
    The V gets 18/19mpg because it's a brick with some wheels, I would bet the viper and new stang get at least 20mpg highway. Weight is why a 640hp ZR1 manages 20.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    ... I think some of you guys get way too carried away with the realistic HP expectations on the various trim levels. ...
    As much as I'd like to see a TT3.6 put out in excess of 400 hp, I think you're probably right. A 400 hp motor in a 3,400 lb car should be just adequate for most guys.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ecyrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet (e46 zhp current)

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Audi A4's 2.0L turbo (105.5 hp/L)
    • BMW M3's V-8 (103.5 hp/L)
    • Lexus IS F's V-8 (83.2 hp/L)
    • Mercedes-Benz C250's 1.8L turbo (111.6 hp/L)

those are some cleverly picked engines to compare against. why not compare the 3.0L n54 found in the 2012 z4iS, or the 2.0L and 2.5L audi powerplants in some of the performance audi's (TT and TT-rs, for example)

ecyrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet (e46 zhp current)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    As much as I'd like to see a TT3.6 put out in excess of 400 hp, I think you're probably right. A 400 hp motor in a 3,400 lb car should be just adequate for most guys.
    what engine do you speak of?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.