Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; It's 240 hp, not 300 hp. The ATS will have 30 hp on the 328....
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation

It's 240 hp, not 300 hp. The ATS will have 30 hp on the 328.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo

Agree. That 2.0L turbo is a nice start, but if you compare it to the competition it is just average. BMW's 2.0L turbo pumps out up to 300hp in the 335i.
    GM needs to catch up quickly! A more flexible engine architechture would be a good start to provide engines throughout the GM palette.
    Like Jimmeh said, you is wrong!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

p00p
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Indeed. You forgot my trademark, DAMMIT!

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    And the 335i will have a turbo 2.0L 300hp. Sorry...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

The gauntlet has been thrown.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    And the 335i will have a turbo 2.0L 300hp. Sorry...
    not any time soon. The fact is, the 335i will have the carry over turbo I6 when the ATS launches.

The gauntlet has been thrown.
    I don't think so.. yes eventually higher output twin power engines will be available, but they aren't yet, and they may not even be 2L, the design allows for flexible displacement. So it's irrelevant since the argument is that BMW is leaving GM behind in the F/I world of 4 bangers. By the time BMW throws a 300HP turbo 4 in the 335i GM may have thrown a 3.0TT in the ATS, or maybe they'll have their own 300HP TT, clearly they're pretty close already.

Besides that, we're missing how huge a 30hp slap in the face is to BMW. Everyone was comparing the twinpower to the VW 2.0TFSI when it launched, and the 2.0T is half a decade old. Now GM has put the same amount of distance between it and the twinpower on an engine that isn't even a year old!

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    not any time soon. The fact is, the 335i will have the carry over turbo I6 when the ATS launches.

I don't think so.. yes eventually higher output twin power engines will be available, but they aren't yet, and they may not even be 2L, the design allows for flexible displacement. So it's irrelevant since the argument is that BMW is leaving GM behind in the F/I world of 4 bangers. By the time BMW throws a 300HP turbo 4 in the 335i GM may have thrown a 3.0TT in the ATS, or maybe they'll have their own 300HP TT, clearly they're pretty close already.

Besides that, we're missing how huge a 30hp slap in the face is to BMW. Everyone was comparing the twinpower to the VW 2.0TFSI when it launched, and the 2.0T is half a decade old. Now GM has put the same amount of distance between it and the twinpower on an engine that isn't even a year old!
    Oh, and the (F30!) 330i will have a 2.0L TT 275hp...
    No news from GM to go beyond 270hp with the 2.0L yet.
    So...

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    So...
    Does BMW have a TT 3.0/3.6L V6 in the works for it's mass produced vehicles? Does it have a 1.4T? GM also has the 220HP Buick Turbo 2.0L, and the GS 2.0T that makes more torque than both the BMW and ATS's 2.0T. I'm just not seeing the argument that BMW is leaving GM in the dust because they don't have a 300HP F/I 4 cylinder, if you want to play that game though, the 4.4T only makes 400HP in BMW land, the 3.6TT is supposed to make 450-470..

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo

So...
    So what is going on? First you say the 335i has a 4 cyl turbo, now its the 330i. You keep throwing out different numbers all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    So what is going on? First you say the 335i has a 4 cyl turbo, now its the 330i. You keep throwing out different numbers all over the place.
    the 2.0T is supposed to be scalable, I haven't heard of the configurations he's talking about (I don't keep up with it) but I know that they have plans for higher output versions, which can include different displacements. So it's not as cool as taking a 240HP 2.0T and turning up the boost to make 300HP. I expect 3 different twinpower 4cylinders for the 328, 330 and 335, so what difference does it make if the 335i has a 300HP 4 cylinder and the ATS doesn't but has something comparable F/I wise? I don't know..

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Nope. It's all even.

And you can bet on BMW owners having a $100 or $200 plug 'n play chip that takes ten minutes to install for over 50 more horsepower and torque in a few months.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

And you can bet on BMW owners having a $100 or $200 plug 'n play chip that takes ten minutes to install for over 50 more horsepower and torque in a few months.
    You could say the same for the ATS 2.0T though. APR and Giac's usually run ~ $500. Revo usualy undercut them by ~$100.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    You could say the same for the ATS 2.0T though. APR and Giac's usually run ~ $500. Revo usualy undercut them by ~$100.
    I know, the stuff will come - but when?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I know, the stuff will come - but when?
    Good question, complicated answer. All I would say is, 'not as fast as it happened for the BMW/Audi guys'
    Cadillac doesn't have established aftermarket brands like they do, but also if anything, those same brands are not manufacture loyal. We could very well see APR or Giac tuned ATS's shortly after their introduction demolishing Tuned 328i's. The ATS isn't some hard to crack and super-complicated powertrain like the BMW is, and it's not as finicky as the TFSI's fuel pump that shuts-down with just an ECU remap. I don't think it's an exageration to say if the ATS is as good as GM is saying it will be, and they don't screw it up like lock-down the computer or throw some kind of crazy weak-point in there(unlikely) that the powertrain will make it *the* hod-rodded compact sedan in this country. 6MT with a good turbo 4, RWD, magneride, brembo brakes, 50/50 distro with the size of an E46, similar weight, much more upscale interior and all at the price of a base 328?

sounds tit's to me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.