Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm really not concerned about engine/transmission options that are available in Europe, only the choices that I can place in ...
    bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Cadillac ATS Powertrain Confirmation

I'm really not concerned about engine/transmission options that are available in Europe, only the choices that I can place in my garage. GM/Cadillac has generated media and social buzz by touting the performance capabilities of the ATS. The videos and web articles we've all watched and/or read have created unparalleled anticipation for us, the enthusiast. The press release put the 2.0T in the forefront and the 2.5 was barely a mention. Wondering why...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I hear ya. I figured the europeans would be okay with it. After all, they buy comparable $30k subcompacts over there. That would never fly over here. Another one of things about the car rags that irritates me. They keep blasting GM and Ford for keeping their best small cars overseas. Then in the next article they criticize them for charging too much for a subcompact.
    Well, they did. Now, they're here. And I don't see any criticisms on price points compared with foreign marques. C&D really likes the Cruze and Focus(10Best) and Sonic...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The only problem is brand image is a non-issue for Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Cadillac is still working on theirs. I do like options but I'd feel better about really slow Cadillacs if those really weak MBs and BMWs were here.
    Thats an important point. Cadillac almost has to make a better car for less money to be considered competetive. Cadillac needs to get to the point where they get alot of sales based on image alone.
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    [/COLOR]Again, enough of the brand image. Lexus and Mercedes get away with low output engine options and it's done nothing to tarnish BMW's image making cars like the 318ti and 528e. It's a new world and MPG CAFE regs have a big impact.

IMO, offer as much as you can and let the consumer decide. Why shut out those wannabe buyers who can only afford a base, base model? Or maybe those who just want a nice ride and don't care about power?
    You know why the Germans get away with it? Because they also build the R8, A8, S-class, 7-series, and they also own and/or provide engineering for Bentley, Porsche, and Rolls Royce. They've done more than enough at the top end to let some p00p get by without tarnishing their respectability. Cadillac can't do the same without it being a somewhat risky move.

Additionally, GM has Buick, an entire brand devoted to entry-luxury, so you've got some segment overlap to deal with between the Regal and ATS.
    concorso and concorso like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Additionally, GM has Buick, an entire brand devoted to entry-luxury, so you've got some segment overlap to deal with between the Regal and ATS.
    True, and it's not as if they're shoving crap cars either, the Verano missed car of the year by a hair; the reason; insufficient power. However, Buick is less in direct competition with the germans and more in line with Hyundai and the Japanese imports. As long as the N/A and turbo 4 bangers launch together, I don't think it'll be a problem like the Vernao had, that's critical, plainly it was a massive oversight and timming error on GM's part for the Verano..if they manage not to screw it up for the ATS and make the N/A simply avaliable instead of flooding lots with them since the Turbo isn't avaliable-- they'll be OK.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If they do a Verano GS, AWD with the Regal GS powertain, that will be the car to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If they do a Verano GS, AWD with the Regal GS powertain, that will be the car to beat.
    I have to say, the ATS BETTER be the Cadlliac of the art and science theme'd ---cadillacs, because the Verano and regal GS right now look better than the CTS imo.

current buicks are definitely easy on the eyes. I dare say the Enclave is the best looking SUV out there.

And that verano interior, wow

M5eater and M5eater like this.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The Buicks look better in photos, I'm underwealmed by them in person.

The Verano will get the 2.0T next year. But I think it gets the one the ATS is getting not the Regal one. Probably detuned versus the ATS.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

That verano is the cadillac of buicks!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

the best part is looks 95% like the digitally enchanced render, it's simply that gorgeous!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    You know why the Germans get away with it? Because they also build the R8, A8, S-class, 7-series, and they also own and/or provide engineering for Bentley, Porsche, and Rolls Royce. They've done more than enough at the top end to let some p00p get by without tarnishing their respectability. Cadillac can't do the same without it being a somewhat risky move.

And if the ATS continues Cadillac cache, you'll see many young yuppies and wannabes gladly buying a NA 4cyl to get into one...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    And if the ATS continues Cadillac cache, you'll see many young yuppies and wannabes gladly buying a NA 4cyl to get into one...
    which is fine.. because I see more base model 3 5 and 7 series than I would care to mention. It's not a good thing when I'm turning my head at a 335 or a 540.

328s are everywhere

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post

Agree. That 2.0L turbo is a nice start, but if you compare it to the competition it is just average. BMW's 2.0L turbo pumps out up to 300hp in the 335i.
    GM needs to catch up quickly! A more flexible engine architechture would be a good start to provide engines throughout the GM palette.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.