Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRECT] - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRECT] in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Fuelly. lulz....
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRE

Fuelly. lulz.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRE

i have a dump question.
    Will the cadillac 2.0 turbo can run in Regular fuel
    because it is impossible to find Premium fuel in here.
    i ask the question for my friend.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i have a dump question.
    I would safely assume that, that's been Cadillac's 'thing', that you can use regular fuel with most of their vehicles. Also, most F/I mainstream cars run 87.

I heard GM will make Cadillac is Global car. Is that info is correct ?
    this ATS will sell global or US and China only ?
    because my car i need to buy the GM MDI and diagnostic and fix it myself.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

ATS will be sold in like 20 countries.

Your MDI will work on it.

thanks, that is cool. It is not my car. i tried to advise my friend buy it instead of Mercedes C200 CGi.
    i don't have any luck with those German car.

NHRATA01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i have a dump question.
    I highly doubt it. I'm sure Premium will be "recommended" as it is in the 2.0T in the Regal GS and lower output version in the CXL-T. If GM finds it acceptable to require premium for a Buick, they surely will for a Cadillac. Of course it will run on 87 at reduced power and be tuned conservatively enough to do so without damage.

The only "mainstream" cars to my knowledge allowing 87 on an FI vehicle have been the Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata, and there's been quite some discussion that the rated 274hp is either very optimistic, or garnered using premium.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Like I posted before in another thread: if the ATS is to compete with the 3-series; here is the BMW engine option list for the 3-series for comparison:

3-series (F30)
    -Sedan
    -Coupé
    -Cabrio
    -Touring and
    -GT
    Petrol (only Turbos!):
    316i, 1,2 Liter, 3-cil, 125 PS
    318i, 1,2 Liter, 3-Cil, 150 PS
    320i, 1,6 Liter, 4-Cil, 175 PS
    323i, 1,6 Liter, 4-Cil, 200 PS
    325i, 2,0 Liter, 4-Cil, 225 PS
    328i, 2,0 Liter, 4-Cil, 250 PS
    330i, 2,0 Liter, 4-Cil, 275 PS
    335i, 2,0 Liter, 4-Cil, 300 PS
    340i, 3,0 Liter, 6-Cil, 350 PS
    M3, 3,5 Liter, 6-Cil, 450 PS
    Diesel:
    316d, 1,2 Liter, 3-cil, 125 PS
    318d, 1,2 Liter, 3-Cil, 150 PS
    320d, 1,6 Liter, 4-Cil, 175 PS
    323d, 1,6 Liter, 4-Cil, 200 PS
    325d, 2,0 Liter, 4-Cil, 225 PS
    330d, 3,0 Liter, 6-Cil, 250 PS
    335d, 3,0 Liter, 6-Cil, 300 PS

BTW: the 316 and 318 get FWD!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

We don't get all those engines. I think there's only three 3-series engines here. If they offered all those engines, people here would be too confused to buy a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    We don't get all those engines. I think there's only three 3-series engines here. If they offered all those engines, people here would be too confused to buy a BMW.
    True. This is the complete palette and the US will probably see only the 325i and up. Maybe also at least one of the diesels as diesel is gaining some demograph in the US and BMW is not missing the boat like GM is. (There is room for critisism here, right?)

BTW, it is exactly the simplicity of the option list of US car brands that I like. I don't like the endless list of options upon a base version to get to a package I like.

Always room for criticism. EVERY manufacturer does things wrong sometimes.

With CAFE 35mpg on the horizon, I would not be surprised to see BMW bring a lesser 3-series here. I bet they could sell some 318i.

As for diesel, I won't say GM missed the boat. I don't think the US is fully ready yet. I haven't driven a diesel BMW, but I have directly compared the Golf TDi to a Golf GTi. And there is no comparison. The diesel is utterly breathless. It has a very strong low range, but the powerband is, at best, from 1500-3000 RPM. Below that, it pulls, but not very hard. Above that, you may wonder if it is suffering fuel starvation. And this is in comparison to the small turbo4 in the GTi, which itself has a pretty narrow powerband, say 2500-5000 RPM. But it's still much, much faster than the TDi.

There is no questioning the numbers on the BMW's performance. The 335i will smoke the 335d, despite the fact that the D has 100 lbs-ft more of torque. Same thing with the X5 vs X5d. I refuse to accept the raving of all the folks on the torque-bandwagon these days, when two otherwise-equal 3-series have such disparaging performance.

There is also, however, no questioning that the diesel has its place. Were I in the market for a work truck, a GMC 2500 Sierra with the big honkin turbodiesel would be my only consideration. But I do not want, nor will I accept, a lifeless diesel in a sport sedan or sports car.

It's all about gearing. And to prove it, BMW is now launching the M5 Diesel: 381hp Tripple-turbo 3.0L 6-cil. (740Nm torque). With AWD and auto-8 shifting.
    (Also available in X5 and X6)

German article: http://www.autobild.de/artikel/bmw-m...l-2323039.html

I still don't buy it. Then what you are saying is BMW did a piss-poor job of gearing the 335d. I don't buy that either.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    I wanted to see if the German I took 49 years ago was still with me. As soon as I clicked on this link, my Spyware software wouldn't allow it. I guess the answer is nein.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The M-Sport Diesels are for Europe only.

So no fun for us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.