Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRECT] - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRECT] in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I may not have logged as many miles as you, but I logged enough. The Camaro is quieter and smoother ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRE

I may not have logged as many miles as you, but I logged enough. The Camaro is quieter and smoother than my V was. Maybe it was because of the FG2. Maybe my steering was overly sensitive. All I know, is that between the softer ride, and the far superior seat, I can go farther in the Camaro than the V. But as I said, for carving backroads, the V would undoubtedly get the nod.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: Base Cadillac ATS Gets 2.0 Liter Turbo Four Cylinder With 280 Horsepower [INCORRE

Refinement was never a hallmark of V1 or any first-gen CTS (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). The standard Camaro is typically regarded as a brash looking cruiser.

I'm glad the industry is latching on to turbo-fours. GM learned a LOT from Opel and Saab over the years, and I'm glad this technology is finding its way into other GM cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Refinement was never a hallmark of V1 or any first-gen CTS (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
    that was what I loved about it. The V1 was a badass. And wasn't embarrassed about it.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    that was what I loved about it. The V1 was a badass. And wasn't embarrassed about it.
    Whenever I get into mine, I think the same thing. It's loud, it's stiff riding, it's tough to keep your foot off the gas.

Love it.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I miss mine...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Not that anyone was asking... but that's my beef I had with the V1.. it was a bit too single-trait focused... much prefer the E39 of that era, I still want one for my daily acutally.

I've always wanted an M5 since before I could drive(E28). When I bought my '04, it was because I was getting an M5 for 60% of the price of a new one. I had wondered how my 400hp compared and got my comparison when I met up with a fellow SHO owner who also had an '02 M5. We got to have a nice little 40-110mph blast on the Bay Bridge in San Fran. I pulled by about 1.5 car lengths. Then, we switched and drove around a little bit. While I won't proclaim the V as a better car based on that short drive, I appreciated it much, much more after that.

While I appreciate M cars still, especially the M5, I no longer feen for them. I think the V1 was just as good as the E39 and drove better. That it was faster and a better handler(going by C&D comapro tests) is gravy...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I've always wanted an M5 since before I could drive(E28). When I bought my '04, it was because I was getting an M5 for 60% of the price of a new one. I had wondered how my 400hp compared and got my comparison when I met up with a fellow SHO owner who also had an '02 M5. We got to have a nice little 40-110mph blast on the Bay Bridge in San Fran. I pulled by about 1.5 car lengths. Then, we switched and drove around a little bit. While I won't proclaim the V as a better car based on that short drive, I appreciated it much, much more after that.

While I appreciate M cars still, especially the M5, I no longer feen for them. I think the V1 was just as good as the E39 and drove better. That it was faster and a better handler(going by C&D comapro tests) is gravy...
    I know what you mean, I'm the same way, lusted for an E60 for a few weeks, then when I realized that it's a very good car... when stock, but not so much when you're shelling out $2.5K for axle backs, have all the mantiance of a 100K super sedan out of warranty, and have a mod-bug like I do. I decided to stick with the americans and follow with my G8 puchase with a V2. Financially an E60 would probally have wrecked my credit score, or put me out of ownership within a year. I'm not sure why, but I'm still in love with the E39, even in base-form it pushes all the right styling cues I've loved in the past. My B5 ownerships might have something to do with that.

the best part of the V1 was manual only. it made it somewhat exclusive.

behing an OHV super sedan makes it more special imo. Transmission choice is just personal preference, when you can say that you have more aftermarket support than the entire competition combined, that's saying something. That was my attraction to the V2. Paying $29,999 for a 630whp motor with an extra .7L and that's the reduced price.. everything else seems cheap. What if you had to pay $1800 for a CAI?
    http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D760-0...M5.aspx#page=1

at least they correctly advertise 5hp/4ft/lb gains..

or $8K for headers? nevermind that's near as makes no difference 50% of the KBB of an E39 these days.
    http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D360-6...rs.aspx#page=1

JasonAZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What other GM cars have this engine, if any, right now?

Is the block strong enough to take decent amount of boost for tuning?

while I have NO problems with the V2 being available with either, I do enjoy that the V1 was manual only.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Not that anyone was asking... but that's my beef I had with the V1.. it was a bit too single-trait focused... much prefer the E39 of that era, I still want one for my daily acutally.
    A thoroughly respectable choice!

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JasonAZ View Post
    What other GM cars have this engine, if any, right now?

Is the block strong enough to take decent amount of boost for tuning?
    The ATS Turbo, RPO LTG, is all new. It launches later this year in a multitude of cars.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Any idea if the 3.6L in the ATS will have the same integrated exhaust manifold that the LFX got?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.