[Deliberate Misinformation] The Cadillac ATS is probably going to weigh about... - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, [Deliberate Misinformation] The Cadillac ATS is probably going to weigh about... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; IIRC, the LY7 weighs right around 400 lbs in crate form. Any idea of the actual weight of the LFX, ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: [Deliberate Misinformation] The Cadillac ATS is probably going to weigh about...

IIRC, the LY7 weighs right around 400 lbs in crate form. Any idea of the actual weight of the LFX, the N/A V6? I think about 30 lbs lighter?

docCarter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: [Deliberate Misinformation] The Cadillac ATS is probably going to weigh about...

The ATS 3.6L has 10.8lbs/HP, with 318HP that is 3,434 pounds for a 3.6L RWD ATS.

By comparison, a new 328i weighs almost 3,500 pounds.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm going to wait for true head to head match ups ... on paper anything can look good but real-world performance head to head is where the truth is at
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Yeah, there are gearing issues to consider, too, not to mention under or over rating motors and drive-train loss inequities.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Also peak hp and torque curves mean quite a bit...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by docCarter View Post
    The ATS 3.6L has 10.8lbs/HP, with 318HP that is 3,434 pounds for a 3.6L RWD ATS.

By comparison, a new 328i weighs almost 3,500 pounds.
    Do you have any proof or is this more speculation about the weight? AFAIK, GM said 3400 lbs for the base, 2.5L. If that is accurate, then the 3.6L will be in the 3600 lb range, not 3434. Im betting, as tested, the 3.6L RWD ATS will be somewhere around 3700.

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

who needs AWD? Not me. I'll take the standard V6 'non-turbo' in RWD. 300+hp and 3500 lbs is a good combo for performance & efficiency.

I also think some of the comparisons may not bode well yet for the ATS, when lined up with C300, A4 & 328. The Germans have been building and refining these cars for decades now, they have a lot figured out already. Having said that, I still expect the ATS to be a big seller. Styling is great and the price will be better than it's competitors.

I'll take the 2.0T w/ manual transmission for best performance...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I'll take the 2.0T w/ manual transmission for best performance...
    the 2.0T 6MT is going to be *the* next hot to mod sedan as long as GM doesn't lock the crap out of the ECU and there are no critical power train weaknesses. Mark my words.

Blanced platform, RWD, turbo 4-banger, good interior/looks and without the aftermarket markup or initial cost of a BMW/Audi or Merc?

cha-ching!

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    the 2.0T 6MT is going to be *the* next hot to mod sedan as long as GM doesn't lock the crap out of the ECU and there are no critical power train weaknesses. Mark my words.

Blanced platform, RWD, turbo 4-banger, good interior/looks and without the aftermarket markup or initial cost of a BMW/Audi or Merc?

cha-ching!
    You, me, same wavelength.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Brilliant!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Brilliant!
    So now what do we do with it? You're the boss. Mr. M5 too...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    my suggestions as a Boss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp7jp5H-xWU

not quite NSFW.

in all seriousness, I really LOL'd when I clicked the link
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I might have to get me one. And then rule the world...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.