323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Everybody drives BMWs today for the same reason everybody drove Cadillacs years ago....
  1. #31
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Everybody drives BMWs today for the same reason everybody drove Cadillacs years ago.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  2. #32
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,536
    I would think people who spend their lives in the car world will want to drive the car that interests them the most. The 3 series is at the top for a reason. BMW has mastered the small sports sedan for decades.

    The only bias there is is for good cars. Your conspiracy theories are laughable...

  3. #33
    Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I would think people who spend their lives in the car world will want to drive the car that interests them the most. The 3 series is at the top for a reason. BMW has mastered the small sports sedan for decades.

    The only bias there is is for good cars. Your conspiracy theories are laughable...
    Ok. Whatever you say. It's not really conspiracy theories and you'd think people who spend their lives in the car world would either want something that everyone else isn't already driving, or isn't as boring as say, a 328.

    Edit: and to clarify, I don't hate BMW or anything. The E39 M5 and E46 M3 are a few of my favorite cars, I just feel like the new ones are bland.

  4. #34
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I would think people who spend their lives in the car world will want to drive the car that interests them the most. The 3 series is at the top for a reason. BMW has mastered the small sports sedan for decades.

    The only bias there is is for good cars. Your conspiracy theories are laughable...

    Yeah, yeah. And after you buy your 5th new BMW your customer reward is a unicorn.

  5. #35
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I would think people who spend their lives in the car world will want to drive the car that interests them the most. The 3 series is at the top for a reason. BMW has mastered the small sports sedan for decades.

    The only bias there is is for good cars. Your conspiracy theories are laughable...
    Theres no question there was some bias. There was a test a few years ago when the 3series didnt work correctly during the test, but they gave it top marks because of the way it was EXPECTED to perform. Still, tho, BMW has made the best small sport sedan for a long time, it deserves to be benchmarked. It can be beaten, tho. The ATS will give a much stronger fight then the CTS did vs the 5er.

  6. #36
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by Garymonnecka View Post
    Ok. Whatever you say. It's not really conspiracy theories and you'd think people who spend their lives in the car world would either want something that everyone else isn't already driving, or isn't as boring as say, a 328.

    Edit: and to clarify, I don't hate BMW or anything. The E39 M5 and E46 M3 are a few of my favorite cars, I just feel like the new ones are bland.
    The E39 looks like the predecessor to the F10, not the E60. If you think the E39 is good, but the F10 is bland, then there is some bias in your own opinion.

    A 328 isnt boring with a little suspension work. For people who never see above 50, its a great car. Alot of people dont care to be different anyhow.

  7. #37
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Yeah, yeah. And after you buy your 5th new BMW your customer reward is a unicorn.
    When I brought BMW's in for work, warranty/recall/otherwise, I got a BMW loaner...even though I didnt buy any BMWs from this specific dealer. When I brought my CTS in for work, I received a combination of Malibu's and Cobalts that were in horrible shape, the dealership where I bought the CTS.

    On top of that, If BMW wasnt doing such a good job with the 3, they wouldnt have used it as the benchmark. This may be the 1st car to give the 3 series a real scare.

  8. #38
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    Well, that's the dealer. When I took my 4 year old CTS in for service, I got a brand new SRX that just came to market. Got a DTS when I took my V in. One time I wound up with an Impala LTZ because they were all out of Cadillacs.

    Of course, that makes me realize just how many times my Cadillacs had to go in for service Never had to pay for a dime of it though.

  9. #39
    Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    The E39 looks like the predecessor to the F10, not the E60. If you think the E39 is good, but the F10 is bland, then there is some bias in your own opinion.

    A 328 isnt boring with a little suspension work. For people who never see above 50, its a great car. Alot of people dont care to be different anyhow.
    There's more angles on an E39. I feel like its a classic design that is classy yet exudes power in the M form. I feel like the 5 series got much rounder after that.

  10. #40
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

    I can sorta see that, but I still maintain the relationship between the E39 and F10. I had an E39 540i M-Sport, it was fun to drive...my V6 CTS felt more lively, tho...I preferred the weight of the CTS steering as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting