323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; A 323hp V6 would compare nicely to the 330hp (?) 3.7L naturally aspirated V6 in the G37.......
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: 323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

A 323hp V6 would compare nicely to the 330hp (?) 3.7L naturally aspirated V6 in the G37....
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'm not a big deal.

If the premise of this thread is true, then the ATS-V should have significantly (substantially?) more than 323 hp.

Now, that's a big deal.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The ATS-V will have at least somewhere around 400 horsepower or so.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'm not a big deal.

If the premise of this thread is true, then the ATS-V should have significantly (substantially?) more than 323 hp.

Now, that's a big deal.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If it's going to weigh 4000 lbs, then it needs to be about 450hp. And it better have a nice flat torque curve. Not a mountain like the 5.0.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I'm sure the ATS-V will be at least competitive with the M3.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If it's going to weigh 4000 lbs, then it needs to be about 450hp. And it better have a nice flat torque curve. Not a mountain like the 5.0.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

The real distinction between the 335i and the M3 lies mostly in the suspension and the way the engines make their power. BMW did muddy the waters
    with the 335 since it can be easy to drive auto, tuned and get M3 performance. Latest info on BMW though is they are talking going back to 4 cylinder engines
    with forced induction. (Not for hi po cars though)
    I am waiting for the ATS to come out. I have 4 older E36 BMW that I have rebuilt as a hobby. (Cheap to work on, parts available everywhere)
    I note that these little cars handle incredibly well. I have an 1997 M3 auto that I rebuilt the suspension on and it corners as good as or better than my 2006 V!
    (Mostly due to the 3000 pounds versus 4000 pounds V)
    I hope the ATS will be lighter than my V by a good bit or else why would I want one?

FreddyG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

According to the Camaro guys, Trifecta has been tuning the LLT in the Camaro for about a year now (though I have yet to see anyone who has, post up over there). According to folks here, no one has cracked the PCM in the CTS yet. I have never gotten anyone to confirm this. I don't know what differences there are, if any, between the PCM in the CTS versus the Camaro.

If anyone has had their LLT CTS tuned, they are not posting about it. Since rumours seem strong about a twin turbo 3.0 DI, I doubt much progress is going to be made on aftermarket supercharging for the 3.6. There won't be enough demand for it. And without that, what point is there in tuning the 3.6? In the case of the Camaro (whose owners are far more likely to mod than CTS or ATS owners), you can go from an LT to an SS for about $8000. A decent supercharger setup for the LT is going to cost far more than that.

I have been getting a solid 25 mpg gallon with the SS. There is no way a supercharged LLT is going to do better. So there is no feasibility to doing it. I was getting 27-28 with the LT. Add all the weight and losses of a supercharger, 25 sounds about right. And it still won't have the low end grunt that the LS3 has. The only reason I can think of to do a supercharged 3.6 would be for lower insurance. Anyone looking to save a few bucks on insurance is not going to have the cash to upgrade performance.

Just my $0.02.

I Respectfully disagree that a blower (centrifugal, roots, twin screw, etc.) wouldn't be feasible or worth it. I had an A4 C5 with a Vortech V2 S-trim centrifugal that made around 575 to the wheels and it got better mileage AFTER the blower (15-23 city, depending on the weight of my right foot 28-30 hwy). This was because I had the tune spot on the money and the engine was more efficient.
    I have to disagree with anyone that says a tune is only worth it on a car that has been modded. The OEM manufacturer has too many restraints on it to maximize the tune. They have to worry about noise, emissions, driveability (which mine was also better AFTER the tune) and other stuff. I didn't need to worry about that stuff and just tuned it to drive and perform better......and it did. Just my .02 and you get what you pay for.

They also have to worry about longevity so they can warranty an engine for 100000 miles, hence the conservative tunes. I see a correlation on these forums between tuning and things under the hood breaking.

MD-11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe, 12 CTS-V Sedan

Only 70,000 in 2013. guess Cadillac losing faith in there workmanship.

Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    It's a known fact that many, many staff members at the major car magazines drive BMW's. There is of course two ways to interpret that. But there's definitely bias. I mean, the damn CTS V coupe lost in a comparo to the M3 because of its "BAD" automatic trans, when it beat it in every single other category. That alone speaks volumes.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by MD-11 View Post
    Only 70,000 in 2013. guess Cadillac losing faith in there workmanship.
    Depends how you look at it. 70000 is MORE then what they offered in 2006.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

well they're increasing the time limit from 5 years to 6 years on the powertrain warranty

this has been discussed ad nauseum in another recent thread

the best explanation that i can come up with is that Cadillac new car purchasers main complaint with the warranty was that they ran out of time way before they came close to exceeding the mileage
    that and the competition (lexus, acura) offer a 6yr/70k powertrain warranty

if you look up average miles driven per year statistics you'll see that for most people drive about 13K miles per year
    Owners of new Cadillacs probably drive 11k miles per year (on average)

and in the end, it is what it is ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by Garymonnecka View Post
    It's a known fact that many, many staff members at the major car magazines drive BMW's.
    yeah, I wonder why that is...

I would rather have the mileage than the years. I always hit the mileage limit first.

Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    yeah, I wonder why that is...

I would rather have the mileage than the years. I always hit the mileage limit first.
    Regardless, there is bias to a degree and it's extremely evident in their comparos.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Garymonnecka View Post
    Regardless, there is bias to a degree and it's extremely evident in their comparos.
    I agree. The bias was warranted years ago, but not anymore. If they cant give every car a fair chance, Im uninterested in reading or watching.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.