Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac ATS - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I ...
    1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac ATS

Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-N-V View Post
    Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.
    GM has stated that cars will either get a V or a Platinum, but not both.

I'd expect the ATS & CTS to be the former, while the SRX, XTS and Escalade are the latter.

This was hinted at the fact the XTS concept was called XTS Platinum Concept.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I hope the ATS V offers the new GM v8 and a dual clutch transmission...

Turbo four cylinder base motor would be cool too.

Mid range v6 and the coupe, sedan, convertible, wagon should offer an interesting volume leader..

MikeTerp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

You're right but history tells us we might be a little bit behind the curve here... I have a feeling we're not going to see anything to answer the 335i. The 328i, on the other hand, I have a good feeling about.. In any event, I think Cadillac is taking a step back from trying to be BMW (everyone has tried and failed) and leaning more toward a Lexus/Mercedes type of feel. I expect a very luxurious entry-level ATS that performs competitively.. This is only opinion - but I think we'll have a Lexus IS350 at the VERY best... Even that is pushing the performance envelope.. Though the ATS-V will surely be impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTerp View Post
    Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

ecyrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet (e46 zhp current)

the 335i is a great car, no questions there. i've owned one, and a 135i, as well. the ATS 2.0L turbo will be a decent competitor to the 328i. the ATS-V, depending on engine size/config/etc will be a great car. the f30/f80/f82 m3 will be another story. bmw is going back to a straight 6 with that car, with at least 2 turbo's. a 3rd electric turbo is rumored. either way, twin turbo bmw 6's can keep up with the cts-v, with the right software and hardware. i'm just glad caddy is making the ATS. should be fun!

ecyrb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet (e46 zhp current)

also should add: i'm test driving the ATS 2.0L turbo ASAP, to replace my zhp daily driver. i like that cadillac aimed at the e46 size/performance with the ATS. the e46 is a special car, for sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.