Worlds first bagged ATS (teaser pic) - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Worlds first bagged ATS (teaser pic) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by duneless Anymore pics man. Wanna see, Video? No vids yet i'll be heading to cars and coffee ...
    Sp33dyG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Worlds first bagged ATS (teaser pic)

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    Anymore pics man. Wanna see, Video?
    No vids yet i'll be heading to cars and coffee this saturday and another car show this sunday with my team. If somebody shoots vids of my car I will post them up on here for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzeyboy730 View Post
    Well done....don't listen to the hate....if you like it, love it. I think it looks awesome. Will def turn heads. Can't wait to see that at some shows with wheels done. Very nice.
    Wheels will be here sometime in May

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Well bags are"cheater buttons" IMO unless you're really into the low rider lifestyle and you need to hop and dance.... coilovers are the only way to go. Driving around static low takes much more on-road attention and driver ability than pressing a button when you see a bump or pothole. Otherwise, what's the point? Like training wheels on a bicycle. No guts, no glory. I understand the wear and tear and expense to the underside, but hey....why not go all the way? At least that's how it was back in the day with old school enthusiasts.

I never understood the "why" and "expense" and would NEVER do that to a cherished car of mine. However, I'm a product of the 60's and had plenty of friends who'd modified their Camaros, GTOs and mustangs who thoroughly enjoyed the mods....of course we are talking relatively cheap cars back then.....not 40 & 50 k cars like the ATS.

p.s. not being disrespectful, just teasing really.....but I still encounter the bag versus coilover crowd that debates this.....
    On the car I had before I bought the ATS I had coilovers on it and was driving around pretty low I only had about 1 1/2 of clearence from the frame to the ground so I would scrape every now and then have to avoid speedbumps, huge dips, pot holes, and steep driveways only to protect my front lip, frame, and fenders from getting destroyed. With the ATS I wanted to go lower but I don't want to destroy such a beautiful/expensive car just from driving it really low and I got kind of tired of the bouncy ride that I got with coilovers (yes I could soften the dampers to make the ride smoother but it would only result in me scraping even more everywhere I go). So with that in mind I decided to go with bags given I can drive as low as I want without having to worry about anything really and I can park even lower and give it more of that "show stopper" look. No im not into lowriders or making the car bounce or none of that stuff, I simply like the "stance scene" as everyone calls it and I chose to make this my weekend/show car and by going with bags I can protect my car from most road hazards.

Wheels are on and did a small photo shoot last weekend with a friend of mine

DSC_3448-Edit.jpg
    DSC_3369-Edit.jpg
    DSC_3157.jpg
    duneless and Aonarch like this.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Wow. That's is really the sh!t dog. How is the ride with the bags?

The ride is really comfortable better than stock suspension in my opinion, only problem is its alittle bouncy going through the dips/humps on the highway other than that its a really smooth/comfortable ride.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

T DOG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks dope.

smurfkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t luxury

SICK!!!!!!!! i want that!! congrats

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Lol! Good stuff!

The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS (NOW), 2004 CTS (Then), 2008 CTS (Then)

Been seeing you all over Insta, well done. What's next for the car?

2013 ATS (newest project)
    2008 CTS (SOLD)
    2004 CTS (SOLD)

Subtle mods like the ambient lighting that you would find in the new CTS, full LCD gauge cluster, may do ZR1 brake conversion (with cast iron rotors not the carbon ceramic rotors), and I may have a shop fabricate a one off front splitter not sure on that just yet

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dyG View Post
    full LCD gauge cluster
    You're using the XTS/CTS LCD I'm assuming? I'm curious how that goes from your end as I have also been working on trying to make that happen using some of my connections - just getting a hold of a cluster is a royal PITA.

Aonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6MT

OP mind telling us, or PM'ing me what you used for the bags and struts?

Aka CTS fitment front, SS5 rear, etc.

I'm using Universal Airlift struts in the front and firestone sleeve bags in the rear I'm still using stock struts in the rear for now currently waiting on a prototype bag to arrive since I'm having issues with the rear bags at the moment

----------

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    You're using the XTS/CTS LCD I'm assuming? I'm curious how that goes from your end as I have also been working on trying to make that happen using some of my connections - just getting a hold of a cluster is a royal PITA.
    Yes I haven't started on that project yet but I will in a few months

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.