Cold Weather Package
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Cold Weather Package in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; -30 with the windchill; it's on mornings like this you REALLY appreciate the heated 'stuff' LOL......
    Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Cold Weather Package

-30 with the windchill; it's on mornings like this you REALLY appreciate the heated 'stuff' LOL...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 2.0T

Re: Cold Weather Package

Your seats and wheel must actually heat up like they should. Some of us, me included, our cold weather package is a joke and it doesn't drop much under 20 here.

Both heat up very quickly, especially the steering wheel (appreciated even more after scraping the snow/ice off the car and you get back in with frozen hands). No doubt the temperature differential is much more noticeable too with this kind of outside temp.

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
    -30 with the windchill; it's on mornings like this you REALLY appreciate the heated 'stuff' LOL...
    Yessir
    We got a nice minus 40 today , that's the only point where both Celsius and Fahrenheit scale are the same
    I guess someone was intelligent enough to say its dam cold no mater which scale you used

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
    Both heat up very quickly, especially the steering wheel (appreciated even more after scraping the snow/ice off the car and you get back in with frozen hands). No doubt the temperature differential is much more noticeable too with this kind of outside temp.
    People will complain no matter what
    apart from this car I own 3 others ( Porsche BMW and Ford) with heated seats and 1 more with heated steering wheel
    While the ford seats heats much much faster and hotter ( too much actually) the ATS is on par with the 2 Germans

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

My steering wheel quickly heats up nice and toasty, except on the bottom left side. Anyone else have a cold spot?

I hope to never see temps like that in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    Yessir
    We got a nice minus 40 today , that's the only point where both Celsius and Fahrenheit scale are the same
    I guess someone was intelligent enough to say its dam cold no mater which scale you used

----------

People will complain no matter what
    apart from this car I own 3 others ( Porsche BMW and Ford) with heated seats and 1 more with heated steering wheel
    While the ford seats heats much much faster and hotter ( too much actually) the ATS is on par with the 2 Germans
    I agree on the Ford, plus CUE is a piece of cake compared to operating heated seats through MyTouch

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    My steering wheel quickly heats up nice and toasty, except on the bottom left side. Anyone else have a cold spot?

I hope to never see temps like that in my life.
    The entire upper and lower arc of the wheel heats up on mine, the only spots that don't are right where the spokes join the rim.

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post

The entire upper and lower arc of the wheel heats up on mine, the only spots that don't are right where the spokes join the rim.
    Same here

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I find the steering wheel awesome...the seats are ok but not as hot as my wife's 07 Tahoe

We have -22 this morning with -30 windchill as well. I hear you guys are getting clobbered there!

Blizzard warnings out for tonight and tomorrow Chris; temps were down to -19* this morning with close to -40 windchill. I am NOT liking this whole winter thing, what happened to global warming?! LOL

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 2.0T

It was renamed "global climate change" for CYA purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    Blizzard warnings out for tonight and tomorrow Chris; temps were down to -19* this morning with close to -40 windchill. I am NOT liking this whole winter thing, what happened to global warming?! LOL
    26F here today and its damn cold. Going to put my shoddy heated seats/wheel through its paces tonight. I brace for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    It was renamed "global climate change" for CYA purposes...
    Weather forecasters - they supposedly can tell what the weather will be in a hundred years, but can't accurately forecast for next week

26F here today and its damn cold. Going to put my shoddy heated seats/wheel through its paces tonight. I brace for disappointment.
    I'm a pessimist at heart myself - always expect the worse and hope for the best... so I'm usually pleasantly surprised with something in-between LOL

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

The steering wheel gets very hot quickly. I find it's awesome. The seats could max out 15 degrees warmer but it's not bad

With these crazy low temps hanging around, I've been Bogarting the ATS and leaving the Ford Edge behind - for that steering wheel alone LOL

par5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I seem to have a cold spot on the wheel too, on the upper right portion.

The wheel heats up incredibly fast but the seats take a bit longer than previous cars....

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    The steering wheel gets very hot quickly. I find it's awesome. The seats could max out 15 degrees warmer but it's not bad
    I find they get hot enough eventually that I have to lower them to the 1 setting. Probably takes 15 - 20 minutes and by that time the interior is warm and the seats matter less. Just wish they got warmer in the first 5 minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.