Please post your aftermarket (or refinished) wheels on your ATS - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Please post your aftermarket (or refinished) wheels on your ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JoeC1982 maybe with 275/25R20 tires, overall diameter is about 25.4" which is just under the 275/30R19. They ...
    FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Please post your aftermarket wheels on your ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
    maybe with 275/25R20 tires, overall diameter is about 25.4" which is just under the 275/30R19. They make stick out of the fenders a little, might have to do a roll and slight pull.
    Eek! 25 profile just sounds terrifying.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I have 245/30/20 tires that have an overall diameter of 25.1 They were supposed to be bigger according to the chart I looked at. Closer to 25.6 or so. Some tires are different I guess depending on brand. The chart could have been wrong. I really don't know why my tires are smaller than the chart says.
    maybe with 275/25R20 tires, overall diameter is about 25.4" which is just under the 275/30R19. They make stick out of the fenders a little, might have to do a roll and slight pull.

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    based off these i wonder if the vossen cv3's would fit. the rear would be a 20x10 at +45
    Not counting the fact that they will look way too big on this car IMHO (check the Lexani on page 3 the vossen would look bigger because of their design) they won't work without spacers and some major rolling the problem is not outside which would be real flush at 20mm further out then stock but on the inside which would be 30mm closer to the strut and there is simply not that much space so you would need spacers of at least 10mm which would poke too much

The thing to realize is that this car does not have a lot of play like for example a first generation BMW E90 so we are limited if you do not want to roll fenders and 9.5 ET35 is about the limit , the good thing however is that the way the fenders are designed they are very easy to roll so if you really like these wheels I would recommend 19x10 ET 38 (you may still need 3-5mm spacers) and an Eastwood fender roller.

Or if you're really set on the 20s you could get the 5/112 20x10 ET55 with 20mm spacers adapters 5/112 to 5/115 wich would give you final offset of +35 ( you would still need to roll)
    greezychef likes this.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I run a 20 on most cars I buy. I just like bigger wheels. I am going to get another set of 20s in the spring. I'm looking at TSW willows with the black lip. But I agree the lexanis look really big on that car. My gold ones that people hate here don't look that big. Lexanis almost look like a 22.Tires are real thin looking.

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

assuming spacers were not used the lexani rear is probably +42. i really wish someone at vossen would do a test fitment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by greezychef
    assuming spacers were not used the lexani rear is probably +42. i really wish someone at vossen would do a test fitment for me.
    How can you assume +42 ? Unless I'm mistaken all Lexani wheels are custom offsets

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    How can you assume +42 ? Unless I'm mistaken all Lexani wheels are custom offsets
    that was the offset that was offered in 20x10.

JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

placed an order this morning, 19x8.5 +35 all around with 235/35R19 Nitto Motivo's.
    turbo_ats likes this.

Niche M139 , interesting choice I look forward to see them mounted ( I would have done 245/35 BTW)

After speaking with my guy this morning about what I'm really looking for combined with my driving habits, I'm pretty sure I've decided to go with 19x8.5 all the way around instead of 20s. I know 20s would really turn heads but 19s just makes the most sense from a pure functionality standpoint.

If we went 20x8.5" all around, the max sidewall/profile we'd be able/want to do with the tire for THIS CAR is a 30 profile, which is pretty low. Taking into account my love for driving as a whole along with my propensity to "have fun" in my car the 19s just make more sense for me from a pure functionality perspective. It wouldn't be uncommon for me to go up onto Mulholland Drive (twisty mountain road here in LA), throw it into Sport Mode and see how the car handles. Plus we could go with a 35 profile tire on a 19 giving me some more sidewall to work with.

If I only used this car to get from Point A to Point B, casually cruised around town, and didn't care about having "fun" in the car, then the 20s make sense (with a drop). But I like to have fun in my cars.

Only problem is the wheel I want is not available in 19s yet and neither are lowering springs for the car. Although, the wheels should be available in the next month or so and with me traveling a bit over the holidays I'm totally cool with waiting. The car is getting dropped regardless in order to make it look just right.

Anyone got an idea of when lowering springs will be available? I definitely have zero intention of dropping 4 grand for the D3 coilovers.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post
    After speaking with my guy this morning about what I'm really looking for combined with my driving habits, I'm pretty sure I've decided to go with 19x8.5 all the way around instead of 20s. I know 20s would really turn heads but 19s just makes the most sense from a pure functionality standpoint.

If we went 20x8.5" all around, the max sidewall/profile we'd be able/want to do with the tire for THIS CAR is a 30 profile, which is pretty low. Taking into account my love for driving as a whole along with my propensity to "have fun" in my car the 19s just make more sense for me from a pure functionality perspective. It wouldn't be uncommon for me to go up onto Mulholland Drive (twisty mountain road here in LA), throw it into Sport Mode and see how the car handles. Plus we could go with a 35 profile tire on a 19 giving me some more sidewall to work with.

If I only used this car to get from Point A to Point B, casually cruised around town, and didn't care about having "fun" in the car, then the 20s make sense (with a drop). But I like to have fun in my cars.

Only problem is the wheel I want is not available in 19s yet and neither are lowering springs for the car. Although, the wheels should be available in the next month or so and with me traveling a bit over the holidays I'm totally cool with waiting. The car is getting dropped regardless in order to make it look just right.

Anyone got an idea of when lowering springs will be available? I definitely have zero intention of dropping 4 grand for the D3 coilovers.
    u said ur looking to go canyon and u wanna get wheels appropriate for that, id say 18s would b better. tires would b cheaper (19 is most expensive out of the 3 good sizes, 18, 19, 20) and 18 would b much lighter. also, try angeles crest instead. mullholand is allright, but angeles crest is where its at. id be happy to join you, mullholand or angeles. would b fun to drive with another ATS. i go to angeles crest quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    Niche M139 , interesting choice I look forward to see them mounted ( I would have done 245/35 BTW)
    Yeah the tire i want isn't available in 245 yet, it runs pretty tall for a 235/35 though at over 25.5" so should be ok. My other choice was 245/35R19 Proxes 4Plus but they are 25.8" which just seemed too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    u said ur looking to go canyon and u wanna get wheels appropriate for that, id say 18s would b better. tires would b cheaper (19 is most expensive out of the 3 good sizes, 18, 19, 20) and 18 would b much lighter. also, try angeles crest instead. mullholand is allright, but angeles crest is where its at. id be happy to join you, mullholand or angeles. would b fun to drive with another ATS. i go to angeles crest quite often.
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm familiar with angeles crest but I always thought it was typically only frequented by moto riders. Was simply referencing Mulholland as an example because while I like canyon here and there, I wouldn't be doing it on a regular basis.

I totally hear where you're coming from regarding the 18s but, based on my own driving habits, I feel like 19s would provide a nice full wheel well to complement the car while also allowing me to have "fun" whenever I wish (not necessarily canyon but more like "spirited" street/highway driving in general). As for tires, I'm right there with you about 19" pricing, but I should be able to get a nice set at discount through another source so I'm not TOO concerned about that.

Plus, the wheel I'm dead set on doesn't even come in 18s...

P.S. - Totally down for a cruise one day! Used to have a Mustang before my ATS and a bunch of us used to go cruising in the LA area.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm familiar with angeles crest but I always thought it was typically only frequented by moto riders. Was simply referencing Mulholland as an example because while I like canyon here and there, I wouldn't be doing it on a regular basis.

I totally hear where you're coming from regarding the 18s but, based on my own driving habits, I feel like 19s would provide a nice full wheel well to complement the car while also allowing me to have "fun" whenever I wish (not necessarily canyon but more like "spirited" street/highway driving in general). As for tires, I'm right there with you about 19" pricing, but I should be able to get a nice set at discount through another source so I'm not TOO concerned about that.

Plus, the wheel I'm dead set on doesn't even come in 18s...

P.S. - Totally down for a cruise one day! Used to have a Mustang before my ATS and a bunch of us used to go cruising in the LA area.
    I got my Nittos for $23 more per tire than the same one in 18" so the cost wasn't too much different, i actually wanted 18's but got a great deal on the Niche's and their 18's were all close to stock offset and i wanted something wider. If you want me to get you a quote on anything send me a message.

placed an order this morning, 19x8.5 +35 all around with 235/35R19 Nitto Motivo's.
    When you getting them put on? Gotta post pics!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.