black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside]
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside] in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; not sure why proper pictures of these items seem to be so elusive, but here are a few i snapped ...
    ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside]

not sure why proper pictures of these items seem to be so elusive, but here are a few i snapped today of them upon their arrival.

hopefully this helps shed some light on what these parts actually look like - because if we had to rely on the images GM has for them, we wouldn't be getting anywhere at all.

first pic is of the glorious packaging, second two are of the upper grill and surround(yes the package comes with both upper and lower grille sections, i just did not unpack the bottom portion), then the last 2 pictures are of the rear fascia molding.

i absolutely love the way these pieces look and feel; they'll be installed after my first oil change in a week or so.

if there are any questions or other angles you want to see, please let me know and i'll do my best to illustrate.
    Attached Images
    The_Crest likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Re: black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside]

I found my SRX in dealers inventory, description said it had Sport Grille, I couldn't find a photo either, turned out to be Black Chrome, here's a photo.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I want those but I wish GM made matching trim for the doors to go along with them.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL
    not sure why proper pictures of these items seem to be so elusive, but here are a few i snapped today of them upon their arrival.

hopefully this helps shed some light on what these parts actually look like - because if we had to rely on the images GM has for them, we wouldn't be getting anywhere at all.

first pic is of the glorious packaging, second two are of the upper grill and surround(yes the package comes with both upper and lower grille sections, i just did not unpack the bottom portion), then the last 2 pictures are of the rear fascia molding.

i absolutely love the way these pieces look and feel; they'll be installed after my first oil change in a week or so.

if there are any questions or other angles you want to see, please let me know and i'll do my best to illustrate.
    Hello ATSFL,
    Two questions, is the new grille still made of plastic or some other material? Also do you know if the whole front fascia needs to come off to install it? I have the ATS premium and I can't tell if I have this grille or not. The bars across just look like a off color of black on mine but still plastic.
    Thanks

thanks for the pic MJDART. and the idea from CTSCHICK about the door handles is a great idea! hopefully GM is listening. it would be nice for ALL the trim that's that bright chrome finish to be available in the black chrome, like around the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I want those but I wish GM made matching trim for the doors to go along with them.

Thanks for posting the pics.
    Rifle and rucksack - it's made of plastic, exactly the same material as the factory grille. the whole bumper has to come off to install it and the lower piece AND the rear bumper appears to have to come off to install the rear trim it seems like. don't quote me on that yet, i'll have to look into it a bit more.

as for the possibility of having this grille on your car from the factory/dealer, i would say the liklihood would be fairly low. best bet would be to check your window sticker, or if there was an additional sticker listing accessories for the car. i'm pretty certain GM did not put these grilles standard on any ATSs from the factory.

the grille issued with these cars from the factory is a more "silvery" chrome surround, and a metallic dark grey center. this grille is a 'grey' chrome surround and a gloss black(raven black?) center, with no metal flakes visible. the surround is a VERY subtle difference in pictures, and in person to be honest, but the center is totally different.

hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifle and rucksack View Post
    Hello ATSFL,
    Two questions, is the new grille still made of plastic or some other material? Also do you know if the whole front fascia needs to come off to install it? I have the ATS premium and I can't tell if I have this grille or not. The bars across just look like a off color of black on mine but still plastic.
    Thanks

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Yea that part is confusing as my Peformance model lists a sport grill that is definitely darker than a couple Luxury models it was parked next to on the lot, but it's nowhere near as dark as the pics you posted above.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm looking forward to pics of them installed on your car. What color ATS do you have?

my car is black raven. i would really like to see a white car with these upgrads on it; i would bet money that these would make the biggest visual difference on a white ATS.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. I'm looking forward to pics of them installed on your car. What color ATS do you have?

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL View Post
    my car is black raven. i would really like to see a white car with these upgrads on it; i would bet money that these would make the biggest visual difference on a white ATS.
    I agree. I also agree with an earlier post that it would be nice to have the option to swap out the door window trim and the door handles to the same black chrome in order to have all the exterior trim match up.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I ordered the same two parts last week but the front grille bezel was cracked. My replacement comes tomorrow.

Yes, according the instructions, both the front and rear bumper have to be removed to install these aftermarket GM pieces. The tech at my dealership also said some of the rear ATS' bumpers are a pain to dismantle.

FYI, the dealership is estimating 2.5 hours to install both the front and "rear" grille at $125/hour.

thanks for the heads up. i'm pretty sure i'll be DIYing the front at least. it IS, however, a shame i won't have an intercooler to pop in there while the bumper's off.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

FYI, the accessory catalog calls for 1.3hrs labor to install the grille packages
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

If it's only 1.3 hours I would pay the dealer as my time is more valuable. They assume responsibility to get it right also.

i guess it all depends on the price they want for install. i'll be going in for service soon anyway; i may just have them throw them both on so there's no "down time" for me.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    ATSFL, Thanks for the good info. You hit it right on the head about the off charcoal black color of my grille. Oh and I figured the front fascia would have to come off for the grille replacement but I never would have thought the rear bumper had to come off to replace the trim. It should look awesome once your done with the install. Post some pics when your done, please!

Rifle and rucksack - it's made of plastic, exactly the same material as the factory grille. the whole bumper has to come off to install it and the lower piece AND the rear bumper appears to have to come off to install the rear trim it seems like. don't quote me on that yet, i'll have to look into it a bit more.

as for the possibility of having this grille on your car from the factory/dealer, i would say the liklihood would be fairly low. best bet would be to check your window sticker, or if there was an additional sticker listing accessories for the car. i'm pretty certain GM did not put these grilles standard on any ATSs from the factory.

the grille issued with these cars from the factory is a more "silvery" chrome surround, and a metallic dark grey center. this grille is a 'grey' chrome surround and a gloss black(raven black?) center, with no metal flakes visible. the surround is a VERY subtle difference in pictures, and in person to be honest, but the center is totally different.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.