black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside] - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside] in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The only way to get it from the dealer would be to get it included in the deal for the ...
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: black chrome grille & rear bumper molding [pictures inside]

The only way to get it from the dealer would be to get it included in the deal for the car. Make it a "deal maker".

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL View Post
    not sure why proper pictures of these items seem to be so elusive, but here are a few i snapped today of them upon their arrival.

hopefully this helps shed some light on what these parts actually look like - because if we had to rely on the images GM has for them, we wouldn't be getting anywhere at all.

first pic is of the glorious packaging, second two are of the upper grill and surround(yes the package comes with both upper and lower grille sections, i just did not unpack the bottom portion), then the last 2 pictures are of the rear fascia molding.

i absolutely love the way these pieces look and feel; they'll be installed after my first oil change in a week or so.

if there are any questions or other angles you want to see, please let me know and i'll do my best to illustrate.
    Thanks for posting the pics! This is my first time that I am seeing this type of grille. I just learned about these accessory grilles (with special thanks to ATSCHICK)! And it turned out that my ATS came with one of these optional grilles:

Left is my 2.0L Turbo performance with bright chrome accessory grille, and right is a 3.6L Premium with standard midnight chrome accented grille. It think yours is black chrome grille. MSRP of your grille is $435 (part# 22943164), and mine is $455 (part# 22943165), and they both require 1.3h installation time.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics! This is my first time that I am seeing this type of grille. I just learned about these accessory grilles (with special thanks to ATSCHICK)! And it turned out that my ATS came with one of these optional grilles:

Left is my 2.0L Turbo performance with bright chrome accessory grille, and right is a 3.6L Premium with standard midnight chrome accented grille. It think yours is black chrome grille. MSRP of your grille is $435 (part# 22943164), and mine is $455 (part# 22943165), and they both require 1.3h installation time.
    These both look good. So these are GM/Cadillac options correct? As mentioned earlier, they can be negotiated into a deal price if a GM option.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    Yes, they are! You can directly order them from the dealers, or when you are shopping the car, ask the dealer to add them to the deal. In my case, I had no idea my brand new ATS comes with optional grille! I used to think it is standard stock grille, and the dealer never talked about it when we were negotiating on the price.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Here are pics of the black chrome grille and bezel on a Pacific Silver Metalic...

My car took nearly 4 hours to do both pieces. How long was actual labor, remains to be seen (you know how dealers operate...). Labor was $300 for the install(s).

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

that looks great! wish they made the other 2 pieces by the fogs in the same black chrome to match for the front end.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Yeah a co-worker pointed out the fog light air splitters. I guess the easy solution is to vinyl wrap them with the expensive solution being to buy D3's front bumper kit. Then there's the "chrome" look of the LED housing... always something.

here's 3 quick pics after the grille was installed. i absolutely love it! i also took the cheap route and bought some "smoked" 2% window film from wal-mart and threw that on the front reflectors myself, then just removed the rear reflectors for paint. overall, loving the look thus far.
    Attached Images
    ben.gators likes this.

malaka1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Looks good! I was thinking of painting my rear reflectors too.. I may go black mesh grilles in the front. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ATS...5b5bc8&vxp=mtr
    It would give it a V look.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by malaka1
    Looks good! I was thinking of painting my rear reflectors too.. I may go black mesh grilles in the front. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ATS...5b5bc8&vxp=mtr It would give it a V look.
    I really like this one too. Clean and classy look, i am just not ready to deal with the install.
    Kevbrochill18 likes this.

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by malaka1 View Post
    Looks good! I was thinking of painting my rear reflectors too.. I may go black mesh grilles in the front. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ATS...5b5bc8&vxp=mtr
    It would give it a V look.
    That looks fantastic. Ridiculous price though...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Yeah i just checked and that's the same price that I can sell it for (basically... just a couple dollars different)

----------

also looks great in the bright finish and the fine mesh too!
    (oh and they make led lights for the base/standard and luxury trims that don't come with the lower 'fog' lights)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

samer2214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

did yu paint them?

no, they're OEM accessory parts.

Quote Originally Posted by samer2214 View Post
    did yu paint them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.