gold copper rims on my ATS - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 70 of 70
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, gold copper rims on my ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I don't understand why race always has to come up because of one little comment. I think most of us ...
  1. #61
    JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    402

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    I don't understand why race always has to come up because of one little comment. I think most of us are getting really tired of all this political correctness now in our country. It's acceptable to talk about whitey or "the man" or even joke about Italians , Polish , Germans , Irish , Mexicans or anybody who isn't African American. I am an American who happens to come from Italy. I'm not an Italian American I am American. People at my work can talk about my heritage and never worry about losing their jobs because after all I'm American not African American. I just don't understand why people demand to be treated differently yet those same people want to be viewed as the same. I guess if I found this Country to be unbearable then I would go live in Italy where my Grandparents were born. Maybe that's what all ethnic groups should do if they feel they are mistreated in this country and leave the racists to themselves.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #62
    greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    182

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    ............ not to mention "old"..................

    loved it. sense of humor seems to be lacking here. thats fine. live and learn. not sure it was meant to be racist....I am 36 y.o. "whitey" here. it was simply meant to be funny.


    if this gets you's guy's panties in a bunch, you wouldnt make it five minutes in my world. Remember when men had a set of balls between their legs? Remember when they didnt get offended and had thicker skin? oh well....days gone by I guess. Get out from behind the desk and outside more often? I know its hard but try to be the man your pappy was.
    donavo likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #63
    Submariner409's Avatar
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    MD Eastern Shore - Kent Island
    Age
    74
    Posts
    41,626

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    You can do better than that .......... even though you're in Texas. (Click your username - profile - not much info, is there ??)

    greezy, I went back through this thread - twice - There's no need to get confrontational or nasty and resort to low blows - keep your comments germane to the thread topic. In the forums for Help Desk and Registration Problems there's a sub-forum: Rules and Guidelines, which you electronically signed when you became a member. Please take 3 days off and read through that forum - there are 15 or so guidelines dating back to 2003; Most members try to follow them.

    EDIT at 5:48 PM EDT - I see that you have already been given a small vacation. Please take the time to bone up on how the site operates. Thanks for the consideration.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #64
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,771

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I don't understand why race always has to come up because of one little comment. .....
    It' comes up because the comment offended a member of this forum and he/she reported it. We have clearly written rules about it and generally apply a zero tolerance policy about any kind of racial comments.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    loved it. sense of humor seems to be lacking here. thats fine. live and learn. not sure it was meant to be racist....I am 36 y.o. "whitey" here. it was simply meant to be funny.


    if this gets you's guy's panties in a bunch, you wouldnt make it five minutes in my world. Remember when men had a set of balls between their legs? Remember when they didnt get offended and had thicker skin? oh well....days gone by I guess. Get out from behind the desk and outside more often? I know its hard but try to be the man your pappy was.
    There's also something to be said for quitting while you're still ahead. But that takes brains, not balls.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #65
    duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Age
    40
    Posts
    384

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    Thanks dog. I really didn't care what people thought of it. First time I posted because I know what happens. What they don't understand is I have worked on many cars and fabricator working at an install shop. Rims stereo lots of different things. That was before I decided I needed more money. Now it is just my cars. I have only had the car for 3 months now. I have had the car apart front to back. There are things that people on here will never try. They don't have the balls or the nohow .Right now I am working on a small wing for the back window. Nothing you can buy. when I finish I will post because I like to upset people here. They like to just buy the car and drive it. Thats fine just don't comment then. But thanks again. I see You were brought up right. You da man.yoha
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    dude this thread is valuable. it gives us an idea about fitments. i like it, i just wouldnt want rims that poke. Haters always gonna hate....thats what they do. Thank you duneless for having balls to be different and for the thread.

    Gotta remember the number one demographic of posters on this site.....old whitey's. lol


    ----------

    I don't know what was said. But if it was anything like what was said to me there is no need. These people say these thing to upset you. This is about cars yet someone wants to say something about race. I wish I could have read it because I dont see it now. If you are sticking up for those people or your making the comments then I don't get it from your post. I won't get into the race shit. They want to say it to me in person then hold on. It will turn into something they can't handle. But of coarse that won't happen because they hide behind their computer. Not me. You can know where I live and all. Shit don't scare me. My father didn't raise no punk. He was from Valdosta GA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I don't understand why race always has to come up because of one little comment. I think most of us are getting really tired of all this political correctness now in our country. It's acceptable to talk about whitey or "the man" or even joke about Italians , Polish , Germans , Irish , Mexicans or anybody who isn't African American. I am an American who happens to come from Italy. I'm not an Italian American I am American. People at my work can talk about my heritage and never worry about losing their jobs because after all I'm American not African American. I just don't understand why people demand to be treated differently yet those same people want to be viewed as the same. I guess if I found this Country to be unbearable then I would go live in Italy where my Grandparents were born. Maybe that's what all ethnic groups should do if they feel they are mistreated in this country and leave the racists to themselves.


    ----------

    By the way it is not ok to talk about other races at all. No matter what color they are. None of it is ok. So stuff you here at work like that doesn't fly with me. What does is cars. I'm here for my car but I had to hear stupid remarks of coarse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I don't understand why race always has to come up because of one little comment. I think most of us are getting really tired of all this political correctness now in our country. It's acceptable to talk about whitey or "the man" or even joke about Italians , Polish , Germans , Irish , Mexicans or anybody who isn't African American. I am an American who happens to come from Italy. I'm not an Italian American I am American. People at my work can talk about my heritage and never worry about losing their jobs because after all I'm American not African American. I just don't understand why people demand to be treated differently yet those same people want to be viewed as the same. I guess if I found this Country to be unbearable then I would go live in Italy where my Grandparents were born. Maybe that's what all ethnic groups should do if they feel they are mistreated in this country and leave the racists to themselves.


    ----------

    What I was saying is you don't have an ATS. WHY ARE YOU HERE TALKING CRAP ABOUT MY ATS. YOU DON'T HAVE ONE. And if you have factory installed stuff from the dealer. Yes that is stock. Non stock is something you think up and put on your self. Or installed by a pro. Not at the dealer saying oh I want this and that. Those are options and nothing more. Thats why there is one down the street like it. And Buddy my car is far from stock only after 3 months. I will never tell what has been done to it so far. Only what you can see. Get an ATS and come back. K
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    How is a car with after market parts and modifications stock?

    Wouldn't that make your car stock?

    You complained that "people don't post what they've done to their car". Well, that's what's been done to my car.

    No, I don't have an ATS. That's relevant to this discussion how, exactly?

    A car show isn't "the masses" as in the general car buying public. It's a gathering of people who are into rare, unique, classic, and/or modified cars.

    EXACTLY!!! So why do you seem to get an attitude when someone disagrees with you or criticizes your taste?


    ----------

    That's right modified. Not factory options. Your own vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    Thanks dog. I really didn't care what people thought of it. First time I posted because I know what happens. What they don't understand is I have worked on many cars and fabricator working at an install shop. Rims stereo lots of different things. That was before I decided I needed more money. Now it is just my cars. I have only had the car for 3 months now. I have had the car apart front to back. There are things that people on here will never try. They don't have the balls or the nohow .Right now I am working on a small wing for the back window. Nothing you can buy. when I finish I will post because I like to upset people here. They like to just buy the car and drive it. Thats fine just don't comment then. But thanks again. I see You were brought up right. You da man.yoha

    ----------

    I don't know what was said. But if it was anything like what was said to me there is no need. These people say these thing to upset you. This is about cars yet someone wants to say something about race. I wish I could have read it because I dont see it now. If you are sticking up for those people or your making the comments then I don't get it from your post. I won't get into the race shit. They want to say it to me in person then hold on. It will turn into something they can't handle. But of coarse that won't happen because they hide behind their computer. Not me. You can know where I live and all. Shit don't scare me. My father didn't raise no punk. He was from Valdosta GA.

    ----------

    By the way it is not ok to talk about other races at all. No matter what color they are. None of it is ok. So stuff you here at work like that doesn't fly with me. What does is cars. I'm here for my car but I had to hear stupid remarks of coarse.

    ----------

    What I was saying is you don't have an ATS. WHY ARE YOU HERE TALKING CRAP ABOUT MY ATS. YOU DON'T HAVE ONE. And if you have factory installed stuff from the dealer. Yes that is stock. Non stock is something you think up and put on your self. Or installed by a pro. Not at the dealer saying oh I want this and that. Those are options and nothing more. Thats why there is one down the street like it. And Buddy my car is far from stock only after 3 months. I will never tell what has been done to it so far. Only what you can see. Get an ATS and come back. K


    ----------

    Yes there will be alot more done. I was only fitting them for spring. There will be more done trim and alot more. Your gonna have to skip over all the crap. Because they don't want to just stick to cars. If you like it that's cool. But in the spring the car will be alot more me. I really went on with the whole copper rim because they said it wouldn't fit. Rub and look like shit. They said it would bottom out. Not once has it. They are still on now but cold weather is coming. The first pic I just finished painting one rim. They were old and pitted chrome. I'll get back with more as it gets done. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    The copper rims... seeing it on the car it feels very steampunk to me. And I like steampunk. The colors feel a little off balance because there is so much chrome where as the rims are so large. Do you plan to replace the chrome around the doors and possibly the grill with flat black accents, for example, instead? I think it would look a lot more striking. You may have already answered that but there's so much nonsense from people in this post I've skipped over reading a lot of the content.


    ----------

    Comments are good. But talking sh## isn't. So I will always come back with something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    ^^^This^^^

    The car now looks like a toy. I mean come on, oversized, gold rims, that stick out past the body? Most people are going to think it's obnoxious, tacky, a joke, or just plain fugly.

    You posted the pics, and people are posting their thoughts. We're you expecting everyone to love them? If the masses were into big gold rims, the manufacturers would be equipping them as standard, or optional equipment.

    If you like them, awesome, it's your car, it's how you like it (I'm not being sarcastic, that's great). But not all that many people are going to share your taste, so you're going to have to learn to deal with the criticism.



    My car's not stock either. I bought it with dealer installed, aftermarket trim, carriage roof, rims, and a spoiler. I've removed some of the stainless trim, had the windows tinted, had the engine and valve covers color matched, and changed the interior from shale to black. I'm going to do a couple of other things to it at some point, but here's how it sits now. Please feel free to criticize:









    I've posted these and other pics here many times. Some love it, some, not so much. But I've never gotten insulted, or felt the need to reply negatively to negative criticism


    ----------

    This was about an ATS. NOW LOOK AT IT. Why does it always turn into this. I post something and people have to come out with race crap. I started this thread. You want my address or # I will happily give it to you. You will be well recieved. And all because of pics I posted about my car. I am very sorry for those of you just wanting to look and a little post. I apologize .
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    I'll assume you're referring to the actual insults, and not the personal opinions being taken as insults.

    What's wrong with discussing politics?


    ----------

    He read the post that were takin out about 2 weeks ago. I know because they were said to me. Someone stepped in and took them out. He has had it just like I have. They don't want to talk cars just on how they played with their fesses and urine as a child. Don't blame him. If you can read what was said and you will see why. what was erased anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    You can do better than that .......... even though you're in Texas. (Click your username - profile - not much info, is there ??)

    greezy, I went back through this thread - twice - There's no need to get confrontational or nasty and resort to low blows - keep your comments germane to the thread topic. In the forums for Help Desk and Registration Problems there's a sub-forum: Rules and Guidelines, which you electronically signed when you became a member. Please take 3 days off and read through that forum - there are 15 or so guidelines dating back to 2003; Most members try to follow them.

    EDIT at 5:48 PM EDT - I see that you have already been given a small vacation. Please take the time to bone up on how the site operates. Thanks for the consideration.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #66
    duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Age
    40
    Posts
    384

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    Yo go to the STS forum. You say what do you suppose will happen when the suspension compresses? Nothing buddy smooth sailing. Wrong again. Looks like you live on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    ...And what do you suppose is going to happen when you go over a bump and the suspension compresses?


    ----------

    You must be kidding me right. I don't know what a trail blazer is?. Man I have worked on all cars. I know what all cars are. You need to shut the hole in your face . You make no sense. And spelling. Really this is like text. You get your point across dumb A##. I'm telling you I would smack the hell out of ya. I have tried to be nice back to you. But denture cream must not hold a firm grip anymore. I'm bout sick of your mouth. Ask me do I know what a trail blazer is. I own an ATS BUDDY I KNOW ALL ABOUT CARS. My LAST CAR WAS A 745LI. You know what that is? Dumb A##. Not a Model T either. Stay 55 on the highway k.
    Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    Do you even have a clue as to what a Trailblazer SS is? Maybe you should look it up before spouting off about things you don't know.

    By the way, it's spelled you're, not your.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #67
    duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    connecticut
    Age
    40
    Posts
    384

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    Don't worry there will be more.
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    dude this thread is valuable. it gives us an idea about fitments. i like it, i just wouldnt want rims that poke. Haters always gonna hate....thats what they do. Thank you duneless for having balls to be different and for the thread.

    Gotta remember the number one demographic of posters on this site.....old whitey's. lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #68
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,803
    Quote Originally Posted by duneless
    That's right modified. Not factory options. Your own vision.
    ...Sooo are you now saying my car isn't stock???

    ----------

    Oh, I'm assuming this was for me, but you put the quote in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by duneless
    What I was saying is you don't have an ATS. WHY ARE YOU HERE TALKING CRAP ABOUT MY ATS. YOU DON'T HAVE ONE.
    Umm, you don't have to own something or have to have done something to be able to form an opinion about it... Have you ever watched a movie? Did you have an opinion of that movie? Or were you not allowed to have an opinion because you've never made a movie??

    And if you have factory installed stuff from the dealer. Yes that is stock Non stock is something you think up and put on your self. Or installed by a pro. Not at the dealer saying oh I want this and that. Those are options and nothing more.
    . Yes, stock = as the vehicle rolled off the assembly line, or as it left the dealer with manufacturer produced accessories. My car doesn't fit that description. The dealer sent it to a specialist shop to have the AFTERMARKET carriage roof, AFTERMARKET stainless trim, and AFTERMARKET spoiler installed. They then installed the AFTERMARKET Vogue rims. My engine was disassembled and painted "by a pro". there is extensive AFTERMARKET soundproofing in my car that I "put in myself". So no, my car is not "stock"

    thats why there is one down the street like it.
    Oh I'm sure there is, upload some pics when you get a chance...

    And Buddy my car is far from stock only after 3 months.
    I couldn't care less. The only reason we got into stock VS modified is because YOU COMPLAINED that people were criticizing your car, without showing what was done to theirs. So I posted what was done to mine, and you decided to tell me that my car with aftermarket parts is stock, but your car with aftermarket parts is not

    I will never tell what has been done to it so far. Only what you can see.
    That means either there are no other modifications, or the quality of work/parts is poor and you don't want anyone to see. But again, I don't care either way. I only came here to talk about your ugly rims...

    Get an ATS and come back. K
    No, not "K". I'll be keeping my Seville and posting where I please. But thanks for the suggestion.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by duneless
    He read the post that were takin out about 2 weeks ago. I know because they were said to me. Someone stepped in and took them out. He has had it just like I have. They don't want to talk cars just on how they played with their fesses and urine as a child. Don't blame him. If you can read what was said and you will see why. what was erased anyway.
    ...I have no words.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #69
    rspitler's Avatar
    rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    115
    I think Duneless is clueless. He doesn't like our opinions of his hoop-dee car and then resorts to name calling. Where is the moderator of this forum? This guy needs some time off. He can't let it go. And I still think he has no clue as to what a Trailblazer SS is.

    I for one have not read ONE remark from any forum member using any racist remarks toward him (or her, after all he sure does get his panties in a wad when people disagree with his "style"). But, he comes back with his own racist remarks such as "whitey, living in the pool houser etc. all because the MAJORITY of us think he took a classy looking car and trashed it. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe he lives in his (or her) parents pool house and was given a trophy for taking a pi$$ and fed from the silver spoon.

    Duneless, take your car to a forum where people will not criticize your tasteless choices.

    And I'll be the one to say it again, YUK!!!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #70
    Submariner409's Avatar
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    MD Eastern Shore - Kent Island
    Age
    74
    Posts
    41,626

    Re: gold copper rims on my ATS

    This thread has gone into the gutter. Two members have earned 7 day vacations from the site. Further mudslinging is pointless.

    When foul language, insults and name-calling begin, people disappear and threads get closed.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting