Just detailed 2013 2.0T AWD Black Raven/Jet Black
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Just detailed 2013 2.0T AWD Black Raven/Jet Black in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Here i my 2013 ATS I just finished detailing it - using Klasse AIO and WOWO method then followed up ...
    glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Just detailed 2013 2.0T AWD Black Raven/Jet Black

Here i my 2013 ATS I just finished detailing it - using Klasse AIO and WOWO method then followed up with Armorall Extreme Shield Wax using WOWO method- some Megs tire shine on the tires and done -

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: Just detailed 2013 2.0T AWD Black Raven/Jet Black

That looks sooooo good.

Trying out the extreme shield - it is "supposed" to repel dust and dirt, sort of like rain-x for your car - started with Klasse AIO to remove any of the dealer stuff they put on it. I will follow up on longevity and performance of the wax (which is really a polymer) - but as far as ease of use - it really was wipe on, wipe off - a tad bit streaky on black when I used to much but real easy to alter amount to get it right.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Great work, nice!....now keeping 'em that way? Black cars are a true love/hate relationship LOL

lol my last two cars were black before that artic white....white is great for hiding swirls but ugh gets dirty so fast--- black...if you hate swirls get another color. lol

I need a dirt colored car with metallic swirls in the paint

Do you like Klasse better than Zaino?

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Do you like Klasse better than Zaino?
    I don't use Klasse but I did use Zaino for decades and while it was long lasting it has been passed by for resistance to bird damage and passed by a LOT for appearance. You might want to look into a more modern high quality sealant. I've tried several and am now using (I hate to even say the stupid name) Blackfire Wet Diamond. There are a couple that match the looks and acid protection but I eliminated the ones that took any real effort to remove the excess. If a product (like some other sealants and Zaino) needs to be rubbed out, its just asking for dust, that may have settled, to be ground in. Blackfire can be finished almost just by dragging a microfiber over it with no pressure after it sets up and unlike Zaino, is oblivious to setup time. Its almost as easy to finish hours later as 20 minutes later.

Below is a sample picture of a black 2011 Mustang roof with Blackfire. I could show pics of my cars but they are all light colors which don't show the gloss as well in photos as black does.

The ONLY area Blackfire and others take a back seat to Zaino is how long you should go without reapplying. Zaino was great for that.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the information. Blackfire Wet Diamond,
    it shall be on the 14 CTS.

. .

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I don't use Klasse but I did use Zaino for decades and while it was long lasting it has been passed by for resistance to bird damage and passed by a LOT for appearance. You might want to look into a more modern high quality sealant. I've tried several and am now using (I hate to even say the stupid name) Blackfire Wet Diamond. There are a couple that match the looks and acid protection but I eliminated the ones that took any real effort to remove the excess. If a product (like some other sealants and Zaino) needs to be rubbed out, its just asking for dust, that may have settled, to be ground in. Blackfire can be finished almost just by dragging a microfiber over it with no pressure after it sets up and unlike Zaino, is oblivious to setup time. Its almost as easy to finish hours later as 20 minutes later.

Below is a sample picture of a black 2011 Mustang roof with Blackfire. I could show pics of my cars but they are all light colors which don't show the gloss as well in photos as black does.

The ONLY area Blackfire and others take a back seat to Zaino is how long you should go without reapplying. Zaino was great for that.
    Still lovin' my Zaino, but every now and then I try something else just for comparison sakes, thanks for the tip - I'll give the Blackfire stuff a looksee (obligatory Zaino shots below - with multiple layers it still has out glossed everthing else I've tried so far )

I am a amateur level detailer and pretty much a frankenstein product combo king lol. Klasse and Poorboys Polish with Carnuba have been my go to AIO for years. I simply use the all in one as a paint cleaner before applying a polish or glaze and a last step product. Time was Zaino and a few other sealants were king (I prefer the poorboy line of products myself but I have bought and used Zaino as well). Sealants like Zaino give you a glass like reflection and long lasting, versus a polish/glaze/carnuba combo which gives a deep rich wet look and better depth but don't last as long. Basically you are talking oils and wax versus plastic and it all depends on your preference, how much effort you want to put into it etc.

I have in my past 5 cars and 9 years tried about every combo you can think of lol.

Now a days it is all about nano technology. Opti has some really amazing products. I am thinking about getting hydro2 which you put on top of the sealant of your choice - you basicially spray it on, hose it off and boom your car is slick and hyrdophobic for months! That was the reason I got the armorall. Pretty much the same principle - wipe on wipe off repels dirt, water, dust etc. To me the look is cool but lacks the depth and warmth of a good polish/glaze/carnuba combo still. But I am lazy now a days and want something that lasts and stays shiney!

This is really only temporary I have the Ultima Elsatrofoam Paint Cleaning system on order to really clean the paint (rail dust, water spots, etc), then I will polish with my DA to get out any minor swirls etc. I still have not decided what polish or last step product I will go with for the winter. This is Cleveland so it can be harsh.

Oh and Blackfire is the bomb. Their paste wax/sealant is sick on dark colors. Expensive at about 70.00 bucks for a 3.oz jar but gives almost that glaze/carnuba look with sealant longevity.

On this forum,you can get a real education. Much appreciated also.

oachalon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Peformance 3.6 AWD

Waxes including Zaino (they state polish but its more of a sealant/wax) and other sealants do not give a car shine. The only thing that makes a car shine is polish.

For protectant I use Zaino z2 on my Camaro. Its a garage queen and the Zaino will last over a year on the car before it needs to be reapplied. I just picked up my ATS and I decided to try opti coat 2.0. I busted out my porter cable 7424XP buffer and my adams polishes compounds 2 weeks ago, buffed the hell out of it and applied opti-coat. So far seems to work pretty good at protecting. I will see how well it holds up to salt and snow this winter.

On the Camaro5 forum Adams polishes is the most used (including me). There is also a person named junkman (junkman2008) who posts videos on youtube and gives step by step instructions on how to get a perfectly finished paint.

Edited:

Never mind. I didn't realize I already posted in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
    Waxes including Zaino (they state polish but its more of a sealant/wax) and other sealants do not give a car shine. The only thing that makes a car shine is polish.

For protectant I use Zaino z2 on my Camaro. Its a garage queen and the Zaino will last over a year on the car before it needs to be reapplied. I just picked up my ATS and I decided to try opti coat 2.0. I busted out my porter cable 7424XP buffer and my adams polishes compounds 2 weeks ago, buffed the hell out of it and applied opti-coat. So far seems to work pretty good at protecting. I will see how well it holds up to salt and snow this winter.

On the Camaro5 forum Adams polishes is the most used (including me). There is also a person named junkman (junkman2008) who posts videos on youtube and gives step by step instructions on how to get a perfectly finished paint.
    True but Zaino tops Zaino so you have to invest in thier system - a selant will not bond to a oils based polish or top a carnuba. Some polishes are pure polish and leave nothing some leave oils to fill or a lil carnuba or sealant to prime for the next product. The paint has to be in some kind of good condition for a wax or sealant to work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.