20's on ATS. Gap diffrence
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, 20's on ATS. Gap diffrence in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; For those lookin to put rims on their ATS, I wanted to put up picks showing how they look with ...
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

20's on ATS. Gap diffrence

For those lookin to put rims on their ATS, I wanted to put up picks showing how they look with 20's and the gaps you have without dropping the car.

Ofcourse waiting for a drop kit...

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    I like what you did to the front of the car. Is that actual paint or a temp coating of some kind? By the way I am surprised 20's fit. I have the premium with 18's and I don't see much if any room for 20's. I was actually thinking 19's. good info, thanks for the pics.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: 20's on ATS. Gap diffrence

Quote Originally Posted by Rifle and rucksack View Post
    I like what you did to the front of the car. Is that actual paint or a temp coating of some kind? By the way I am surprised 20's fit. I have the premium with 18's and I don't see much if any room for 20's. I was actually thinking 19's. good info, thanks for the pics.
    It's actually a wrap I did upfront. I didn't want to mess with the paint and incase it didn't come out how I visioned it in my head I can always peel it out.

And the 20's are not bad I know they get a bad rap but they are comfortable and give me a good ride.

Thanks!

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

What size/offset rims and tires?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Size of the wheels has nothing to do with gap. It's putting tires too tall or too small that affect. Anything else is an optical illusion...
    vwvr6tom likes this.

Gimlet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None (yet)

Need moar pics. Can you shoot it from farther back - a side profile perhaps?

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Size of the wheels has nothing to do with gap. It's putting tires too tall or too small that affect. Anything else is an optical illusion...
    Actually if you want to get technical, tire size has a direct impact on wheel gap because of the overall diameter. Ex. 225/55/17 is 26.74" and a 235/35/20 tire is actually less, at 26.48"....so unfortunately since most factory tires are so tall, you either have the same overall diameter with large rims & small tires...or sometimes less. Illusion? Eh, I guess I see your point.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

Anyways, I simply wanted to know the rim size/offset and tire sizes because I think his car looks good even at stock ride height, so I wanted a point of reference.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

I'm putting 20's on mine also. From the pics you have I see the tires are 235/30/20 right? I ordered 245/30/20 tires. Are your rims 8 or 8.5? I'm hoping the tires have enough room. Chart says 235/30/20 is 25.3 inches diameter and 245/30/20 is 25.8 inches. From your pics IT LOOKS LIKE MINE WILL FIT. Do you get any rubbing or did you have to modify anything? Thanks

clutch750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 AWD 2.0T Performance

duneless post pics when you get them. What offset did you go with? I will be ordering a set soon. Thanks

I really like the gap with your 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch750 View Post
    duneless post pics when you get them. What offset did you go with? I will be ordering a set soon. Thanks
    Truthfully I don't know the exact offset. They are old rims that happened to have 5x115 bolt pattern. I think it is a 40 offset. They were bought for my jeep wrangler years ago. they have been in the garage sitting. When my tires get here next week I will get them mounted and I'll put them on. I'll take pics then. My rims will stick out some. So I'm not sure right now how much suspention travel there will be. If they rub due to that then I will modify some things. You can see my thread on 20inch gold copper rims. I should have gotten 235/30/20 tires to be safe. I got 245/30/20. But I will make them work.I'll keep you posted and get pics.

----------

Can't wait to get my 20's on and stop rolling with these 17inch donuts. People don't like 20's but they need to realize that high end cars now don't come with less than 20inch rims. To me the smallest rim on this car should be an 18. Then on through 20 for an upgrade. Tony's rims are an example of what the rims should look like. If I want donuts I'll go to the bakery. But to each their own.

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

^ im with you bro. going 20's aint looking back. Vossen says Ill be the first ATS on vossens if i go that route. its all in the works. Stance sc5's look just as good and are quite a bit cheaper.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef
    ^ im with you bro. going 20's aint looking back. Vossen says Ill be the first ATS on vossens if i go that route. its all in the works. Stance sc5's look just as good and are quite a bit cheaper.
    I have been checking out their website, there are a few styles that I like but wasn't sure if any were made to fit the ATS yet. Also like some of the TSWs. Does either have the correct off set and bolt pattern yet? I want to stick with the staggered look.

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

according to another member on the wheel and tire thread. the stances i wanted will not fit. lol. think Im going to go with the vossens. checking all my p's and q's first.

That's what im talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post

----------

People always say you can't do it. It won't fit. It looks stupid, It's cheezy. Whatever they do. They do. I do me.
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    according to another member on the wheel and tire thread. the stances i wanted will not fit. lol. think Im going to go with the vossens. checking all my p's and q's first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.