Rims & tires
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Rims & tires in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm thinking of picking up some slick wheels and tires. Might even move up to 18" or 19". Anyone have ...
    RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Rims & tires

I'm thinking of picking up some slick wheels and tires. Might even move up to 18" or 19". Anyone have any ideas for tires or rim styles. Also do you think the stock Run-Flats be any good for winter?

----------

Put this in the wrong section sorry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Re: Rims & tires

all i can say the car rides much stiffer with 18 the tires are lower profile

73JPS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Al, this is only an opinion since you asked: I would suggest it would be better to spend the $$ on a set of winter rims and tires, and keep the stock run flats for the summer months as I don't really think the stock tires are going to be very effective for our winters.

If money is no object, of course, go for a new set of summers AND get a set of winters on rims if you so desire. But if you're only looking to spend for one set, I think that spending it on a set of winter tires with rims is the better way to go.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

I run 19's with 225/35/19's on my other vehicle.

The ride quality is fine....until you hit bumps and pot-holes. That car also has lowering springs, mind you.

So with all that said...if you're going to run 19's on this car...either run 235/35/19's all the way around on something like 19X8.5 +35/38 offset wheels....or if you go staggered, go with 19X8.5 +35/38 and 19X9.5 +43 or more and run 235/35/19's with 265/30/19's for tires.

To run any wider of a tire, you'd need a higher offset of +48 or so...but then you start running the risk of being too close to the shock tower if the rim itself is too wide (greater than 9.5").

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.