Caddy at AutoX
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Caddy at AutoX in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; 2nd gear is too short for autox. I wish the 2nd gear ratio is lower than 2.62. 2.20 would be ...
    kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

Caddy at AutoX

2nd gear is too short for autox. I wish the 2nd gear ratio is lower than 2.62. 2.20 would be perfect. Oh well, just have to get use to it.

Other than that, it was fun! Great car for autox.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Caddy at AutoX

very cool! gonna be taking mine to the track in june, cant wait!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

My dream! How big is your parking lot? Ours is slightly smaller than a football field, although if I go up to richmond, we're talking mall-sized spaces.

IE, the smaller one might let me stay in second.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    My dream! How big is your parking lot? Ours is slightly smaller than a football field, although if I go up to richmond, we're talking mall-sized spaces.

The size is about medium. The fastest I could go is around 50 to 55. Just keep your eyes on RPM.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

You should come up to MA. Our local course is on a defunct airfield at Devens. Nothing like a 1.5 mile autocross course.
    Jroca64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You should come up to MA. Our local course is on a defunct airfield at Devens. Nothing like a 1.5 mile autocross course.
    I may start doing that here shortly(heading toward Richmond, MA is a stretch..) . The people down here have to double back into the course, and as you might imagine it's a jumbled nightmare most of the time.

You know it's a bad course when the freaking course designer manages to run off-course. Then, naturally, I get false 'off course' calls because no one else really knows where the hell they're supposed to go. I could go on... basically though the only good qualities of this place is that you never have to run far to pickup a cone

/rant over.

Forgot to tell you, the tires sucks. I was sliding the whole time. The tires we have is not design for autox.

Really need a sticky tires for AutoX. Just be careful and don't hit any cones!

Are you on the allseason runflats or the summers?

I don't even know what they use for the all seasons, I think the summers are bridgestone RE050s? I've had RE050's before, I always found them 'adequate' but when you've got a sentra with brand spanking new Rivals 3 wheeling all the time.. they comparatively suck bawlz. They feel a lot like the sport Comp2's I have on the corvette Now.

I may start doing that here shortly(heading toward Richmond, MA is a stretch..) . The people down here have to double back into the course, and as you might imagine it's a jumbled nightmare most of the time.

You know it's a bad course when the freaking course designer manages to run off-course. Then, naturally, I get false 'off course' calls because no one else really knows where the hell they're supposed to go. I could go on... basically though the only good qualities of this place is that you never have to run far to pickup a cone

/rant over.
    True, our course is so huge I'm ready to pass out after the session with snagging cones. That's what I'll miss most about the V2. It was so nice to drive home...

xtheunknown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by kmb32687 View Post
    The size is about medium. The fastest I could go is around 50 to 55. Just keep your eyes on RPM.
    OK, what is this and how do I particpate? I am within striking distance of Devens!

Quote Originally Posted by xtheunknown View Post
    OK, what is this and how do I particpate? I am within striking distance of Devens!
    There are a number of groups that run at Devens. I'll get you some info. There's one group I run with. I know the guy who runs it. It's a nice motley crue of cars. It's a relatively safe, fun way of exercising your car. It's around $50-75 for the day and you get about 6-8 runs of a 1.5 mile course full of twists and turns.

You'll be running in 2 groups and you help out by shagging cones when you're not driving. But its a lot of fun, you get a lot of cool cars to look at and cool people to meet.
    transam00 likes this.

Are you on the allseason runflats or the summers?

I don't even know what they use for the all seasons, I think the summers are bridgestone RE050s? I've had RE050's before, I always found them 'adequate' but when you've got a sentra with brand spanking new Rivals 3 wheeling all the time.. they comparatively suck bawlz. They feel a lot like the sport Comp2's I have on the corvette Now.
    Yes, I was running allseason runflats tires. Just terrible!

FYI, my tires and rims are for sale. I would like to trade in with 18 inch rims. The one that came with performance package. PM for more info!

If the all-seasons are equivalently both mediocre and now 7 years old, I can see why people have traction issues with them.

I really have no idea why they're using a tire at the max-end of it's life in a car they want to tout as at the leading edge in it's market.

but then again, I'm full of logic and stuff. Silly me.

xtheunknown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    There are a number of groups that run at Devens. I'll get you some info. There's one group I run with. I know the guy who runs it. It's a nice motley crue of cars. It's a relatively safe, fun way of exercising your car. It's around $50-75 for the day and you get about 6-8 runs of a 1.5 mile course full of twists and turns.

You'll be running in 2 groups and you help out by shagging cones when you're not driving. But its a lot of fun, you get a lot of cool cars to look at and cool people to meet.
    Sounds like fun.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by kmb32687 View Post
    2nd gear is too short for autox. I wish the 2nd gear ratio is lower than 2.62. 2.20 would be perfect. Oh well, just have to get use to it.
    what speed does 2nd gear on the MT top out at?

J.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.