Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2014 Majestic Plum Metallic

24K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  SimpsonTide985 
#1 ·
Found this photo on Facebook, posted by a dealer. I figure it's available via a Google search and not protected so it's fair game.

This looks darker and more purple than the dealer color chip I saw, and it looks much darker (and less purple) than the computer illustration dealers got with their 2014 materials. Sorry I do not have images of either of those items. Point being I've seen three representations of the color from Cadillac and they all look significantly different, so it's hard to say what this color is going to look like in real life.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm still hoping it will look more like purple and less like you washed a new red t-shirt with your darks. I know a lot of people like those slightly-colored beige metallics because they don't show dirt (which is to say they always look dirty), but I can't help but think manufacturers believe they're offering actual colors.

#18 ·
Just enough to make you feel adventerous, not enough to hurt resale or get noticed beyond the other 'too dark to see' colors that are rampt in this industry.

Here's a mind blowing proposisition; colors are supposed to catch your eye! Not suck all life and air away from it's surroundings. All luxury brands (except maybe Audi, thank you imola yellow, nogaro blue and laser red) spend way too much time trying to invent a new wheel and forget that this is going to be on the exterior of a 30-50K vehicle

That's why I loved Black Diamond Tricoat. There's no way you could possibly miss a 4,000lb bass-boat with 4 wheels in the sunlight. Ultimately though, it's still business black the other 70% of the time.

I get it, some people just want to blend into the crowd and get to the grocery store, or maybe they like to wear their car with sophistication like a fine piece of jewerly. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. All I'm saying is, if you buy a car with a color that has less character than a 15 year old camaro, you're doing it wrong. Please just go buy a maxima.

#19 ·
They're rampant because they sell better. The sad truth is that if you like bold eye-catching color on your second-most-expensive purchase, you are a small minority these days... and you're more likely to be looking at a sexy two-seater.

There's just way too much metallic dirt out there.

#26 ·
The old-man lets not make this too eye catching syndrome has struck again.

I swear, every luxury car maker will sell you any color you like, so long as it can be confused for a shade of Black or white.

Audi is the only brand that had the ballz to do this, and they haven't done so in a good while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.