Custom ats
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Custom ats in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; After ranting about how there is no drop kit out there and I wouldn't fix my car up until there ...
  1. #1
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49

    Custom ats

    After ranting about how there is no drop kit out there and I wouldn't fix my car up until there was one available, I said F IT!! there still is a few details i'm going to take care of over the weekend but here it is! let me know what y'all think!
    Again I apologize for the gaps between the wheel and fenders..... its killing me!!!!!!!!!!

    I'll post final pics of the car next week

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: Custom ats

    I think it totally takes away the look of the ATS. Black tint, wheels, grill, rear end , etc. make the car almost unidentifiable from a distance IMHO....just not my cup of tea. However, that's just me and I applaud the work you put into it.

  4. #3
    btleier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6

    Re: Custom ats

    I like it. What are the wheels and the specs on them?

  5. #4
    C&C's Avatar
    C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, SC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Custom ats

    Very rarely care for black wheels on any car, sorry just don't like them; the other treatments look good though. As long as you like it.........Great.

  6. #5
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49

    Wink Re: Custom ats

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I think it totally takes away the look of the ATS. Black tint, wheels, grill, rear end , etc. make the car almost unidentifiable from a distance IMHO....just not my cup of tea. However, that's just me and I applaud the work you put into it.

    I appreciate the feedback thanks!

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by btleier View Post
    I like it. What are the wheels and the specs on them?
    Thanks! They are Vertini milano 20x8 and 20x9.5 rears. I had them powder coated gloss black because everyone is doing flat black

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Very rarely care for black wheels on any car, sorry just don't like them; the other treatments look good though. As long as you like it.........Great.
    Thanks! Except the fact that It needs a drop but it's coming

  7. #6
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642

    Re: Custom ats

    Like the body colored door handles. You really have a singular car with a lot of work showing.

  8. #7
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,583

    Re: Custom ats

    I absolutely hate the blacked out look EXCEPT for white cars.

    Good job!.

    I would make some hood spears for the notches out of black paper to see how they look, although the areas may be too narrow.

    A black roof might look good BUT I don't know if there is a good natural cutoff point, so probably not.

  9. #8
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49

    Re: Custom ats

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    Like the body colored door handles. You really have a singular car with a lot of work showing.
    Good eye! I thought nobody would catch that. I sometimes even forget I did that.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I absolutely hate the blacked out look EXCEPT for white cars.

    Good job!.

    I would make some hood spears for the notches out of black paper to see how they look, although the areas may be too narrow.

    A black roof might look good BUT I don't know if there is a good natural cutoff point, so probably not.
    I'm actually getting the front bumper wrapped on Saturday. I'm going to wrap it to make it seem like the top grill is connected with the bottom. Ill post pics on Sunday.

    Thanks!

  10. #9
    Stevo Supremo's Avatar
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Custom ats

    looks sharp man!! well done!

  11. #10
    hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tampa , FL
    Posts
    150

    Re: Custom ats

    Looks good bro. Nice to see a fellow ATS owner modding their car. I too have done a fair amount of work but am "laying low" until I can lower my car. Its hard waiting and you may have inspired me to post pics...
    Im sure you know this but don't sweat the haters. They don't get the culture. Love the look, nice job!

    ----------

  12. #11
    jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    81

    Re: Custom ats

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2tony3 View Post
    Thanks! They are Vertini milano 20x8 and 20x9.5 rears. I had them powder coated gloss black because everyone is doing flat black[COLOR="Silver"]
    what is the offset on those?


    J.

  13. #12
    Chuck C's Avatar
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,518
    Let's see some pics of her in that lovely SoCal sun

  14. #13
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49

    Re: Custom ats

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    looks sharp man!! well done!
    Thanks!

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Looks good bro. Nice to see a fellow ATS owner modding their car. I too have done a fair amount of work but am "laying low" until I can lower my car. Its hard waiting and you may have inspired me to post pics...
    Im sure you know this but don't sweat the haters. They don't get the culture. Love the look, nice job!

    ----------
    Thanks man! I knew you would get it. I wanted to lay low too cuz just like you, I feel the drop is an important piece to have. Once I started though I just had do do the rest. True it is a different culture that some people dont get it but for us it's a way of life, At least in this style of modding VS tuning

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    what is the offset on those?


    J.
    Offset? Not 20x8 and 20x9.5?

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    Let's see some pics of her in that lovely SoCal sun
    I'm going to try and get her out this weekend. I'll post new pics with the front of the car wrapped.
    Thanks

  15. #14
    MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    42
    Looks good. It is certainly unique.

  16. #15
    Stevo Supremo's Avatar
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Custom ats

    I was showing my buddy these pics, he's ordering a white ATS and he said he wants to do his up just like this lol, the car seriously does look wicked man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting