Custom ats - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Custom ats in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Y2tony3 Offset? Not 20x8 and 20x9.5?[COLOR="Silver"] 20 is the diameter, 8 and 9.5 are the width. offset ...
    jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Re: Custom ats

Quote Originally Posted by Y2tony3 View Post
    Offset? Not 20x8 and 20x9.5?[COLOR="Silver"]
    20 is the diameter, 8 and 9.5 are the width.
    offset is the distance from from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel

eg. a 0 offset has the mounting surface on the centerline of the wheel width.

a positive offset of 30mm will have the mounting surface 30mm closet to the outside of the wheel, which means it will be tucked in 30mm further than a zero offset wheel.

a negative offset moved that mounting point deeper towards the back of the wheel, and it will be pushed out further when mounted.

i'd like to know what offsets your wheels have

J.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Looks good, not a fan of 20's on this car (pretty much any I guess) as I think 18's would look perfect if you can get a drop kit. 20's just push to the point of starting to look donked out to me.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Large wheels are for show, not handling. I am strictly into performance and handling, though still appreciate the effort other owners put into their cars to make them unique.
    Ihuntv8 and Ihuntv8 like this.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    20 is the diameter, 8 and 9.5 are the width.
    offset is the distance from from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel

eg. a 0 offset has the mounting surface on the centerline of the wheel width.

a positive offset of 30mm will have the mounting surface 30mm closet to the outside of the wheel, which means it will be tucked in 30mm further than a zero offset wheel.

a negative offset moved that mounting point deeper towards the back of the wheel, and it will be pushed out further when mounted.

i'd like to know what offsets your wheels have

J.

I don't really know but I read some specs online and it seems like the back is around 35 and the fronts 18... I think. That's my guesstimate

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    Looks good, not a fan of 20's on this car (pretty much any I guess) as I think 18's would look perfect if you can get a drop kit. 20's just push to the point of starting to look donked out to me.
    True 20's are borderline but I think the drop will make a difference.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    Large wheels are for show, not handling. I am strictly into performance and handling, though still appreciate the effort other owners put into their cars to make them unique.
    True. I'm more of a "looks" person... I got 2 kids I'm not trying to race anyone... Slow and steady in style is the way I ride. I appreciate the feedback

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I really like it! I might have chosen 19's with a drop but kudos to you. Very nice!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

To much shiney plastic and metal on these cars I like it

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

personaly i think blacking out the tail lights was cool back when fast and furious was still new. its old now and camrys and civis are the only ones still trying to pull them off. but, that aside, black accents on a white car is my fave combo. thats what i did for all my cars (except tail lights on some). very simple and tasteful combo. looks very sharp, with just enough mods on it to make it look unique, but not enough to make it look overdone. id suggest u use plasti dip. its perfect for experimenting.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

properly tinted tails look great (clear coat/black paint mix) then buffed to a crazy shine.

But I hate.. HAAATTEEE night shades, its not transparent enough, its matte, it goes purple, its just trash ricers use (or uneducated folks lol)

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    personaly i think blacking out the tail lights was cool back when fast and furious was still new. its old now and camrys and civis are the only ones still trying to pull them off. but, that aside, black accents on a white car is my fave combo. thats what i did for all my cars (except tail lights on some). very simple and tasteful combo. looks very sharp, with just enough mods on it to make it look unique, but not enough to make it look overdone. id suggest u use plasti dip. its perfect for experimenting.

I don't remember fast and furious cars ever having tint on the lights.... But I know what you mean, I lived in the hood and seen a lot of wanna be hookup camrys and civics with shitty work on them. I actually wasn't going to tint the rears cuz I noticed that Cadillacs lights already have a nice dark cherry look to it but my paint guy who did my other work gave me a price I couldn't refuse. In person though it looks way classier then in the pictures. The guy did a nice light color on them. I guess it looks dark cuz I took the pics in a garage.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    properly tinted tails look great (clear coat/black paint mix) then buffed to a crazy shine.

But I hate.. HAAATTEEE night shades, its not transparent enough, its matte, it goes purple, its just trash ricers use (or uneducated folks lol)
    Yea I agree the nightshade crap looks bummy... My guy did a great job. Looks nice and glossy.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

Offset determines how far in or out the wheels actually stick out. I'd venture a guess that those front 20X8.5's are something like +35 offset and the rears are like +38 or so.

That setup looks AWESOME, especially considering its not lowered?? I was already planning on going with staggered 20's as well...now I'm even more sold on the idea!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It's not what I would do, but kudos for doing something different, since the car is so new and that is needed...

EvanZaiNa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t 6MT

Nice work! What did you use to tint the head/tail lamps?

lexino is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks sick !!!! .... what exact size ares those tires ???

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

What happened to the pics of the car. I didn't get to see them.

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    What happened to the pics of the car. I didn't get to see them.
    same here. lost forever to the depths of the internets?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.