ATS drop kit!! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, ATS drop kit!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Good luck selling $3200 coil overs for a $45k car. Im hoping H&R releases springs. I have never used H&Rs ...
    hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Re: ATS drop kit!!

Good luck selling $3200 coil overs for a $45k car.

Im hoping H&R releases springs. I have never used H&Rs before but their drop for the CTS is in line with what I need. I have used Eibachs on my prior IS350 and felt the drop was too minimal but the ride quality was pretty good. I had Tein's on my IS-F and loved everything about them.

Any feedback on H&Rs?

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Any feedback on H&Rs?
    i've used a set of H&R springs combined with a set of bilstein sport shocks on my '08 mx5.
    *really* liked that combination.

i have high hopes for any spring set that comes out for the ATS, especially since the FE3 shocks seem to be very capable.

does anyone know how much bump travel these shocks have with the stock springs?

J.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Good luck selling $3200 coil overs for a $45k car.

Im hoping H&R releases springs. I have never used H&Rs before but their drop for the CTS is in line with what I need. I have used Eibachs on my prior IS350 and felt the drop was too minimal but the ride quality was pretty good. I had Tein's on my IS-F and loved everything about them.

Any feedback on H&Rs?

I used h&r spring on my 5 series BMW and the ride was awesome! I gave me a drop about an inch. By far The best kit I've had on any one of my cars. The problem is I don't see H&R developing a kit for the ats any time soon.

TMAC2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Im in Odessa
    Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Y2tony3 View Post
    I used h&r spring on my 5 series BMW and the ride was awesome! I gave me a drop about an inch. By far The best kit I've had on any one of my cars. The problem is I don't see H&R developing a kit for the ats any time soon.
    Yeah I had H&R on my BMW M3 and my BMW M5. I really liked them. I typically like coilovers but I am not spending $3200, that is nuts. I am not looking for a full race coilover, I just want to have flexibility on my ride height.

[QUOTE=TMAC2000;3280419]Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?[COLOR="Silver"]

I dont. I have been laying low with the car. Wheel gap drives me CRAZY and I am honestly embarrased how high this car sits with my wheels. I buy a car and within days I put a set of wheels and springs on it. Ive had this car since November and the wheels since Dec.
    I would have never thought it would take this long for suspension options.

[QUOTE=hood101010;3280614]
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC2000 View Post
    Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?[COLOR="Silver"]

I dont. I have been laying low with the car. Wheel gap drives me CRAZY and I am honestly embarrased how high this car sits with my wheels. I buy a car and within days I put a set of wheels and springs on it. Ive had this car since November and the wheels since Dec.
    Hood101010. We share the same curse I have never driven a car stock in my life. I literally drive from the dealership to the rim shop. I started looking for my car in January but was never in a hurry just because I knew there was no drop kit available. I finally decide to buy the car at the end of march just because my broker gave me a deal I couldn't refuse.

I don't know how you've done it these last 5 months having a gap there... I feel your pain. I haven't installed my rims yet I'm going to wait it out. What do you have 19's?

Gotta have a proper stance....

I went with 19s. I fell in love with the D3 ATS so I ended up getting the Rays 57xtremes in matte black. They sat in my garage for about 3 weeks. I put them on to see how flush they would be and to get a sense of whether I was going with coils or springs. I ended up leaving them on. The car looks bad ass but all I see is wheel gap when I look at it.

Nice looking rims! I was thinking of those but I didn't want mines to look like the D3 ats even though my car is white diamond tri coat. I went with vertini Milano in 20's, I had them powder coated all gloss black(including lip) now I have a feeling its not going to clear the calipers because they have a a fat lip. My wheel guy said they will so we'll see.

How big is your gap between the tire and fender? What size tire are you using?

Front are 19 x 8.5 and rear are 19 x 9.5
    Tires are front 235/35/19 rears are 265/30/19
    Front wheel gap 2.25 inches to edge of sidewall and tread line rear gap 2 inches.

TMAC2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

[QUOTE=hood101010;3280614]
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC2000 View Post
    Do you get together with any other owners in the Tampa area?[COLOR="Silver"]

With you there! It is funny how long it is taking to get parts out for the ATS. I picked up mine on 3/30 so I am ready to get going. I just came out of a modified BMW M5 and a BMW M3 so I am having a hard time driving a stock car..........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.