Which HID is the best for Cadillac ATS 2.0T Standard
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Which HID is the best for Cadillac ATS 2.0T Standard in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey everyone I am new to the forums and I'm not sure if this has been posted but I recently ...
    AK Masta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Which HID is the best for Cadillac ATS 2.0T Standard

Hey everyone I am new to the forums and I'm not sure if this has been posted but I recently bought a Cadillac ATS 2.0T standard with CUE and I want to change the headlights to HID since the one on standard comes with yellowish color and I don't want to get the aftermarket HID. So my question is this can I just buy the original HID bulbs and will they fit or do I have to buy the whole kit? Also if someone can point me out to where I can buy them and I want the 6000k and what are the bulb sizes. Also do you guys think I can find the original performance headlights and if it will be expensive to install. Thnx in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Which HID is the best for Cadillac ATS 2.0T Standard

Thank you!

lol no problem, the only reason I'm not doing it is because I gotta take the front fascia off. I'd have no issue doing it on my old car... but I just dont wanna do that to this car in fear of it not fitting right again lol!

theres so much plastic covering the headlamps.. I dont know how the hell you'd even change a bulb!! lmao

i know i saw that...it kinda sucks though so there is no way to fit the bulb by only taking off the cover in the hood? cause if its like that i kinda have to take it to a professional i dont wanna take off the bumper and like u said fit it in wrong

Caddyats82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats

Reason i asked about oem escalade hid cause i have 2 spare sets oem tend to last longer but can someone refer me where to buy the hid for the ats and what do i need to get, and is it true can access through wheel housing and no need to remove bumper?

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

follow the sticky on the ats tech section and you'll be fine, it looks pretty easy

and I had the same concerns about HID kits and my research led me to 'the retrofit source' for my HID kit they're supposed to be OEM quality and have a five year waranty, that's better than Cadillacs waranty on headlights.

I get mine today, can't wait to see them

Awesome man just take your time^ the headlight bulb cover thing is sorta difficult to wiggle out, but just work at it patiently and it'll slip outta no problem

matthewmugar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Luxury 2.0 Turbo

Hey Pissedofwookie, you mind sharing which HID's you got and where I could get them? the one's i got may have been some cheap import...the left one seems to be on and off again...bringing it in to the shop to have them fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    follow the sticky on the ats tech section and you'll be fine, it looks pretty easy

and I had the same concerns about HID kits and my research led me to 'the retrofit source' for my HID kit they're supposed to be OEM quality and have a five year waranty, that's better than Cadillacs waranty on headlights.

I get mine today, can't wait to see them

clutch750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 AWD 2.0T Performance

DDM tuning has a lifetime warranty on theres I have been using them for years

Renovatis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

I recently ordered my kit from DDM and I guess they ship from China so it took a little while to arrive, but other than that the kit was fine. This was my first mod on the ATS and it took maybe 30-45 minutes to install.

clutch750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 AWD 2.0T Performance

I have a few sets from DDM if you want them faster. I sell them for $60

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmugar View Post
    Hey Pissedofwookie, you mind sharing which HID's you got and where I could get them? the one's i got may have been some cheap import...the left one seems to be on and off again...bringing it in to the shop to have them fix it.
    i got mine from the retrofit source, it's their Morimoto set with the upgraded XB35 bulbs they're supposedly 35 watt bulbs built to 55 watt specs (so they can be safely overdriven with 55 watt ballasts and still have a waranty) with thicker crystal better chemicals and a beefier electrode. i havent installed them yet, but they look nice.....i came to this company doing a lot of research trying to figure out the problems a shop had with my wifes HID upgrade (they never got it right) that was making me gun shy for my car.....my research led me to HIDplanet forum....which led me to TRS (theyre so into this they bought the forum)

i called them too great folks...this is all i can say about them until i can get all my lighting orders in and get a weekend day for my mechanic friend to help me (more like me help him) install all of it in his work bay on his lift.

Bryce2.0T has this kit in the car and said its incredible

----------

another tidbit I learned, from my wifes HID problems and speaking to TRS is that some call 6000k crystal white and some call it blue, and that this is from a lot of LEDs listed as 6000K are white but its a true cool or blueish white. and that as HID's age they go up in color so they 'blue' with age...BUT..overdiven systems using a 55 watt ballast push the color down, which might add to the confusion. so a 6000k bulb is blue at 35 watts and a white 5000k at 55 watts, so if i wanted a factory looking color at 55 watts i needed to go with 5000k. I wanted a factory-ish look so was going to buy 4300K but TRS talked me into 5000K 35 watts, says it's the shop favorite and i will love it, so thats what i bought, i also got the can-bus adapters for an easier install and not have any computer errors or flickering, but a cool thing is apparently HID's use less power than halogens but require much more power than stock to fire, and this is a common problem people have with HID upgrades, the adapters have a capacitor in them that provides the boosted jump to fire the ballasts more reliably

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.