Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bought an ATS then took a road trip

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Got a 2.0T Base Manual with Cue and sunroof at the end of February.

My wife wanted to take a road trip to the Smokey Mountains, So this past Thursday we loaded up her new car and set out. Spend the first night in Memphis, then drove to bowling green and visited the corvette museum and got some White Castle (don't have them in Tx). We then drove to our bed and breakfast just out side of Gatlinburg.
The next day we drove around the park, this was my reason to make the trip for me, I wanted to hit some of the great driving roads. Hit the tail of the dragon and parts of the moonshiner 28.
THe next day we loaded back up and drove to Slidell, LA, Then back to Houston today. Here are some photos, trying to decide what tail of the dragon photos I like, So stay tuned.

See less See more
#2 ·
Love the color! I am also planning on a road trip in September to enjoy the changing of the seasons and the colorful leaves. Smoky Mountain scenic drive, then back to the coast and down to south FL. When I read about your drive I get antsy to take off now, but really want to enjoy the colors of Fall.

#10 ·
Very nice. Thanks for posting. I am fortunate that I live close (2-3 hrs.) and I frequent those areas. Beautiful country.

So how was the car on the long drive? Up to the task of a comfortable, sporty cruiser? I feel like mine should be and will find out soon with a long drive from NC to Orlando, FL and back.

#12 ·
Cisitalia said:
So how was the car on the long drive? Up to the task of a comfortable, sporty cruiser? I feel like mine should be and will find out soon with a long drive from NC to Orlando, FL and back.
It was a great long distance cruiser. Has the power to pass when needed and the ride makes 600 Mile days a breeze. My wife complained about the seats a bit, but I think that has more to due with the pregnancy than anything. Otherwise, only one real complaint and that is MPG, we averaged about 27-28 hwy, at 70-80 MPH for most of the trip. When we took our 08 Z06 on a 5500 mile trip, we averaged 27.7 for the entire trip, including hwy, mountain, city. most of the time we were averaging 29-31 on the Hwy. But we will see as the car gets more mileage. But overall very comfortable.

#14 ·
Hi stone150, thanks for the great feedback on the car. As you said, the car is still breaking in and hope the mpg increases. It will be interesting to see what my 3.6 gets on the flat drive to FL and back. I know those roads well and the traffic is fast paced, so a constant 80 will be the norm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.