It Came!! RB 2.0T RWD Standard!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, It Came!! RB 2.0T RWD Standard! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; so yeah I'm seriously excited, after 4.5 weeks of waiting I finally took delivery of my ATS!! I love it! ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

It Came!! RB 2.0T RWD Standard!

so yeah I'm seriously excited, after 4.5 weeks of waiting I finally took delivery of my ATS!! I love it! (besides the lack of flanking LEDS!!) but seriously sharp car, well build, no clunks or rattles and the interior is just flawless!!! I ordered it without the CUE, I just didn't need it, I do like CUE, but to me it wasn't worth the extra cash, the base radio sounds fine to me and has the USB/Aux inputs I need

and... saying good bye to my old friend little heart breaking, but then again, I get bored with cars quick, and the quality of the ATS to my cobalt is just Apples to roofing nails lol!

I think at 23 years old this is a damn good car to own and I'm sooooo glad to have FINALLY taken delivery!!!
    investor74 and investor74 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: It Came!! RB 2.0T RWD Standard!

Awesome ride man. What a "step up" from the Cobalt. You're going to love it.

lol step up? this is a leap! haha, but thanks drove it to work today and its just such an awesome car to drive! and catches attention to I might add

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

Nice car Stevo! I like the cobalt salute there too. Very touching. How do you like the manual so far? Was the cobalt a stick?

haha thanks, the cobalt really was a good car, I was just bored still with it

and yes the cobalt was a 2.0 Supercharged 5 speed manual

and I LOVE the manual in this car, its a bit notchy, but as some people reported and hated, the shifter vibrates, but I kinda like that, not gonna lie lol.

Oh and BUmped as I added new pics of it all cleaned up tody!

Aw yeah. Real clean. Mine is identical on the outside. Waxed mine yesterday and today too - love weekends. How is the manual in the ats compared to the cobalt? I think it's decent, but I have nothing to compare it to.

well, I do love cobalts.. but I have to say, the cobalt has the notchiest piece of shit transmission I've ever driven.

Its like working an old victorian steam machine lever really. Compared to my cobalt this is just the most amazing transmission ever lol.

Weekends are awesome I agree, especially when its sunny and warm out in that nice march gap lol! figured I'd clean it and take some pics

and yours looks identical? gotta love raven black eh? really really sharp, I'm glad I went with it. I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have the LED running lights or fog lamps though

Yeah I thought the ATS's manual was OK, but I still find it a little difficult to drive smoothly, especially in the lower gears. Maybe it's just my overall lack of skill.

I was between the silver and the black. My wife thought the black might drive me crazy, but the silver makes the plastic fake bumper "vents" stick out more IMO. I'm glad I went with the black. Maybe in a year or two I'll regret it but right now I love it. 2 coats of carnuba and I'm happy.

Sorry for the bad pic - I don't want to pull it out of the garage! It's the standard model with CUE and a sunroof.

And I agree; if Cadillac comes out with an LED accessory kit I'll be the first in line. Just didn't think it was worth the extra money with the package upgrades that it takes to get them.
    photo-13.JPG

very nice^ yeah I said no more black cars after my cobalt.. but the Black caddy just looked too damned sharp not to get!! and I hate silver cars, it really does make the black plastic more obvious haha!

These cars are sorta hard to drive smoothly, but I hear it gets easier as you break them in, just shift higher and its easier to make it smooth.

Jercat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 G8 GXP

Congrats on the ATS! I can't wait to trade my base 5spd manual cobalt coupe, and your right about the transmission on the cobalt. Oh yea , at first I didn't know yours was an SS because of the wheels.

Vitaqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts

This is gorgeous! Slick black Cadillac!

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Congrats!!! Looks great to me. Btw,It has a lot of designs like my 2013 CTS premium, even Raven Black. Nice wheels, be proud.

Fullclip

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Nice caddy, don't you just love the look of a clean black car!!!

thanks everyone! I'm absolutely LOVING this car!!! really nothing bad I can say about it.. except.. the headlights really do suck, I'll be honest lol.

and yeah, just after I cleaned it I could help but keep looking out the window at it, my girlfriend thinks its a damn good lookin car as well Surprisingly these stock wheels look good in person, pictures just make them look much plainer.

I already had the side orange markers tinted, they just stuck out like a sore thumb lol and got bright white LEDS for the reverse lamp as the yellow was ugly lol

and yeah its an SS Supercharged cobalt, but before I traded it in I swapped the bumper with the lip on it for the SS 2.4 bumper with someone and those are the winter wheels. I left the front stock bumper and side skirts though as I couldn't find another person with a black car to trade those with lol. But you know what I mean about the cobalt transmissions, SS or LS they #$@^* suck!

I'm getting used to driving this car, it doesn't have the same god awful revhang that the cobalt has, I just need to let off the clutch earlier, but this car gets moving pretty damn well. I'm not used to turbo's I've been driving a supercharged car for 3 years. It's weird how up until 3.5K RPM there's nothing then suddenly *WHOOOSSSHHHHH*** and the rest of traffic starts moving backwards

Oh and now that I've had a taste of RWD I'm NEEEVVVERRRR going back to FWD

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Sorry you had to say goodbye to your Cobalt, but it sounds like you're having a great time in your new ATS!
    Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.