Cadillac ATS 19" Wheel Option! - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS 19" Wheel Option! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I read that these wheels are not compatible with AWD ATS. I'd assume that is because of the staggered width ...
    rodster111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS

Re: Cadillac ATS 19" Wheel Option!

I read that these wheels are not compatible with AWD ATS. I'd assume that is because of the staggered width and offsets. Do you suppose if you bought all 4 wheels of the same type (ie:, all 4 wheels in 19" x 8 or all 4 wheels in 19" x 9" it would be OK to use them in that config on an AWD ATS? I haven't been able to find the data to compare them completely to the 18" wheel that is compatible with AWD.

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rodster111 View Post
    I read that these wheels are not compatible with AWD ATS. I'd assume that is because of the staggered width and offsets. Do you suppose if you bought all 4 wheels of the same type (ie:, all 4 wheels in 19" x 8 or all 4 wheels in 19" x 9" it would be OK to use them in that config on an AWD ATS? I haven't been able to find the data to compare them completely to the 18" wheel that is compatible with AWD.
    You can run these wheels with no issues on your AWD offset is fine , what you need to make sure is to keep the your front to back diameters as close as possible (225F 255R) to keep ride quality on 19s the best thing you can do is get rid of the run flats first second is to upsize your tires 235F 265R

That being said a staggered setup is for show only and you'll have better handling keeping all rim same size , the best thing you could do is to get 4 19x8s and put some 235/35/19s all around

and by the way they're now at $395 each with free shipping at http://gmpartscenter.net

rodster111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS
    Thanks for the info Jakb. I expected what you said to be likely but just haven't had any luck getting a good answer. I'd want to keep all 4 corners the same anyway. Have you tried this setup on an AWD ATS, or know of someone who has?

I'm new to the ATS world as I just got my car (RWD,Turbo) this week , however I have had and still have various AWD vehicles From BMW, Subaru and AUdi and have ran everything from square (4 equal corners) 16s in winter on the Audi to staggered 19s with aggressive offset on my 2 335xi

My Plan for the ATS is 215/50/17 Michelin X-Ice on the OEM rims in winter and 245/40/18 Non Runflats on 18x8.5 or 18X9 rims for summer

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Where are they 4k? They are no more than $400 a wheel everywhere I've found them....so more like $2400 for a factory warrantied wheel sounds pretty good. Assuming there a cast forged, that's pretty average. And like that you can get staggered, and 19....20 is too big, 18 too small in my opinion...rear offset is pretty decent as well.

Caddyshack86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm currently working on a deal for a 14 ATS AWD Performance in Tri-black Diamond with red morello interior and would love to put a set of the 19's in black gloss on it.

Does anybody have any info as to why gm is stating that they aren't compatible with the AWD? Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. My dealer is currently looking into it but I'd figure I'd post the question here.

Thanks all.

Edit: a letter

Cadillac is being probably being overly cautious and are not recommending them because they are staggered (I don't blame them when you read some of the .... complaints I see on this forum )

Running staggered is not a problem as long as you keep the overall diameter as close as possible and they should be able to order them anyway if you really want them or at worst order 4 fronts
    or if they really don't want to just order them online

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

Looks like the wheels have been discontinued already I was trying to decided between black and silver for my Phantom Grey.

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack86
    I'm currently working on a deal for a 14 ATS AWD Performance in Tri-black Diamond with red morello interior and would love to put a set of the 19's in black gloss on it. Does anybody have any info as to why gm is stating that they aren't compatible with the AWD? Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. My dealer is currently looking into it but I'd figure I'd post the question here. Thanks all. Edit: a letter
    Because they are designed as a staggered set-up, which in time would put stress on differential and transfer case. As mentioned, 4 fronts would work, but almost all AWD cars must have 4 equal corners.

Got mine from Luke, was good price, just don't forget if you get black u will need center caps, (aren't cheap through dealer) and tires recommended are a 225/35-19 & 255/30-19. There aren't a lot of offerings in rear size. I went Michelin PSS, whole set-up bout $3500 when mounted balanced, sensors, and center caps. Dealer will hit you for much more, but Luke at Lindsay makes it happen for a solid price

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzeyboy730 View Post
    but almost all AWD cars must have 4 equal corners.
    no they don't
    they need front to back overall height and circumference to be the same but you can run wider rears

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.