Picking up this sucker tomorrow...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Picking up this sucker tomorrow... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; After quite a bit of waiting, I am finally picking this thing up tomorrow! (Sorry bad lighting and only had ...
    ATSF is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Picking up this sucker tomorrow...

After quite a bit of waiting, I am finally picking this thing up tomorrow!

(Sorry bad lighting and only had my iphone to take pictures--will upload better ones tomorrow hopefully).
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Re: Picking up this sucker tomorrow...

What trim level did you get the performance or premium? Most dealers around me only have Luxury trim models in their lots. Your car looks awesome. I'm not a big fan of blue cars but that blue looks very deep and very nice. Good luck with it and enjoy!

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

He has the Premium. I remember reading it somewhere on the board. When did you order yours? 2.0 right?

Yup, Premium 3.6 RWD.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I ordered my 2.0 luxury 5 weeks ago. I have since changed my order to a 2.0 premium. My dealer said my car is scheduled for production in the next few days. I probably won't see it for another three to four weeks.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Seriously thinking about opulent blue premium 3.6 as well, probably with light platinum interior given the weather in Houston. I want to try the 2.0 before I order, so it will probably be another month before I pull the trigger.

Are you also in Houston? Saw the Stewart Cadillac license plate.

Do you mind telling us what you're paying? Also, if you can post some more pics when you get it home, I (and I suspect others here) would appreciate it.

One more question. Those aren't the standard performance model wheels, right? Look good, but I prefer the polished wheels to the chrome.

Any other comments you have after driving the car for a while would be appreciated. Interested in your view of the performance of the 3.6, ease of use of CUE, comfort of the sport seats for long drives, ride quality in tour and sport modes, quality of assembly (e.g., rattles and other assembly problems). We need some owners telling us about their new cars. A short test drive doesn't really tell that much, so owners are going to be a vital source of info for the rest of us.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

That's a sweet colour! I am jealous!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD

Would you be so kind to take more pictures tomorrow? I'm on the fence between OP Blue and R Silver Met. My current order is for the silver, but I may be calling my salesman tomorrow to get it changed to OP Blue!

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Those are the polished aluminum wheel upgrade....

Quote Originally Posted by cdp View Post
    Seriously thinking about opulent blue premium 3.6 as well, probably with light platinum interior given the weather in Houston. I want to try the 2.0 before I order, so it will probably be another month before I pull the trigger.

Are you also in Houston? Saw the Stewart Cadillac license plate.

Do you mind telling us what you're paying? Also, if you can post some more pics when you get it home, I (and I suspect others here) would appreciate it.

One more question. Those aren't the standard performance model wheels, right? Look good, but I prefer the polished wheels to the chrome.

Any other comments you have after driving the car for a while would be appreciated. Interested in your view of the performance of the 3.6, ease of use of CUE, comfort of the sport seats for long drives, ride quality in tour and sport modes, quality of assembly (e.g., rattles and other assembly problems). We need some owners telling us about their new cars. A short test drive doesn't really tell that much, so owners are going to be a vital source of info for the rest of us.
    Will update more later including better pictures, but to answer a few of your questions...

I am actually in the Bay Area (Stewart Cadillac/Chevy in Colma, CA).

As far as price, I had the GM family price, so I believe with the rebate and preferred pricing the price came out to ~$47,300 (I think it is a fixed price that you can find on gmfamilyfirst.com)

I have the upgraded polished wheels (as rustybear says).

So far I love it, CUE is really nice--I need to spend a bit more time to take full advantage, but I have the basics down.

This is more generally re HUD, since I have never had it in a car, but I must say I love it. Great to have all the info you need without looking over (particularly GPS turn information).

The safety alert seat is nice too--it may get annoying to some, but I like the lane departure warning and the proximity alerts.

As far as handling and comfort in the ride--it is awesome so far. I haven't pushed it at all yet (despite the temptations, letting it get some calm mileage first), so haven't really tried the sport mode v. tour--but may just take the long way home today to try that out.

Re the color--when we went to pick it up, EVERYONE in the dealer knew me as the "guy who ordered the blue ats." They had been waiting to see it as anxiously as I was apparently. They all remarked on how good it looked in that color. Also have gotten quite a few comments from random people on how nice it looks. I will post some better daylight pictures sometime this week.

Because not all cars are perfect, a couple things that could be improved:
    - I do feel like the CUE is a tad slow sometimes compared to an iPad/iPhone, but it is still better than most touch screen systems I have worked with in the past (I love the haptic feedback)--maybe they will improve it with software updates.
    - minor, and not something that is used much, but the glove compartment just seems cheaply built--especially when you compare it to the storage bin in the dash that is so smooth.

So far I love it--I will definiltely post some updates as I get to know it better.

cdp

Thanks ATSF! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Look forward to hearing further impressions

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I too never had HUD...glad you love it, since I will also be getting that on my Premium model. I was sold on the safety factor as well.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I've never been a blue car kind of guy, but that thing is damn sexy! Congrats, I can only hope I'll have the financing to pull the trigger on one in a few years.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    Have you had a chance to take some pictures?!?!

cdp

Ordered my 3.6 Premium Opulent Blue with light platinum/ebony interior today.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.