Summer Gold ATS - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree19Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Summer Gold ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JimmyH dude, if you think you have three hands, you got bigger problems than paint colors to ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Summer Gold ATS

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    dude, if you think you have three hands, you got bigger problems than paint colors to worry about
    Lol...Im a geno-mod baby. Ive got rear facing toes

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Saw this exact color and trim car driving in Chicago the other day and it looks great in person. Issue...rims look ugly, one tail pipe, and no fogs just plastic!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

base model... to be expected
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Should have gone with the Tuscan Bronze like they did with the CTS:

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    It's not just that it's gold. Gold paint should have similar reflective characteristics as silver.

This looks like a shade of brown that sort of resembles a paper grocery bag. I'm not expecting a lot of these to be ordered in that color. I think Cadillac is experimenting.
    A friend described it as 'Werthers Original'. Lol, fitting.

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I love the look of the ATS but that STD ATS in gold with the gold interior looks aweful! I'm sure it would look great on a old Chrysler K car that my grandfather would own but on a 40 thousand dollar performance sedan it looks terrible.

mitchflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

They discontinued Summer Gold and I am very angry about it. Who do I need to speak to?

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    They discontinued Summer Gold and I am very angry about it. Who do I need to speak to?
    I would contact someone in Cadillac Customer Service. While your talking to them please thank them for getting rid of that color so quickly. Also ask them to never use it again.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

If you still want one in that color, call around to dealers or check the online dealer sites. My Caddy dealer had two Luxury ATS in the gold on the lot for about 9 months and couldn't sell them. Every now and then they ran an unbelievable "special" on some cars including the gold ones, but still couldn't get rid of them. I was tempted to make them an offer they couldn't refuse, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Cadillac Gold looks like money. I like the color a lot. I will have to buy a 2013 ATS gold, you are right they don't seem to be popular, so I can get a better deal. There is Luxury 2.5 for $26,500 with just 13,000 miles. It is a collectors item, not like silver. Every ATS on the road is black or silver.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

*barf*

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
    Gold was discontinued because it was unpopular in the eyes of the consumer.
    Imagine the interest the dealer paid out in the 9 months he had to hold those 2 he had in stock.
    I doubt he would want more of that color being shipped to him.
    Most gold colors had their peak selling years flatten out by the mid 2000's
    Today it's all about black, silver and pearl white. Light blue is making a comeback here in the Northeast. Metallic red is popular with fleet customers but our retail customers shy away from it our conservative New England market.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Cadillac Gold looks like money. I like the color a lot. I will have to buy a 2013 ATS gold, you are right they don't seem to be popular, so I can get a better deal. There is Luxury 2.5 for $26,500 with just 13,000 miles. It is a collectors item, not like silver. Every ATS on the road is black or silver.
    Theirs a reason those colors are popular, White/silver/Black all look slick on a Cadillac, Theirs songs written about BlackCadillacs lol, and I'm sorry when my car is freshly washed/polished and waxed there isn't a colour in the world I'd rather have.
    cadaddio likes this.

Gold Cadillacs tend to keep their value. It was preferred many years ago to silver, which looked "cheap" in comparison.

[
    Attached Images

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Black is the best color for a car as long as you like spending two hours every third day polishing it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.