My 2012 Detroit Auto Show pics of 2013 Cadillac ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, My 2012 Detroit Auto Show pics of 2013 Cadillac ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My photobucket album for Cadillac ATS pics from the Detroit Auto Show is here: http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/...20Auto%20Show/ I didn't record the spokesperson's ...
    WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

My 2012 Detroit Auto Show pics of 2013 Cadillac ATS

My photobucket album for Cadillac ATS pics from the Detroit Auto Show is here:
    http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/...20Auto%20Show/

I didn't record the spokesperson's spiel in this case, but I recall that she did not have price info aside from speculation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: My 2012 Detroit Auto Show pics of 2013 Cadillac ATS

Thank you for posting up the pictures. Lucky you. There already, huh? I don't get into Detroit until tomorrow...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I could post mine from industry days.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Thank you for posting up the pictures. Lucky you. There already, huh? I don't get into Detroit until tomorrow...
    I'll be there on Friday morning.

----------
    ---------

This may get me flamed, but the ATS-V sure better be made more aggressive looking than that ATS above. It looks just like a caddy only a teensy bit smaller and not well enough differentiated from the other caddy models. I suppose that's by design, but I wanna see the V version as more purposeful ... wider rubber, lower stance (fat chance), mesh grill (of course), revised front bumper (to accommodate the grill), and maybe some other touches here and there. Know what I mean?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    I could post mine from industry days.
    Yeah, let's see 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I'll be there on Friday morning.
    ----------
    ---------
    This may get me flamed, but the ATS-V sure better be made more aggressive looking than that ATS above. It looks just like a caddy only a teensy bit smaller and not well enough differentiated from the other caddy models. I suppose that's by design, but I wanna see the V version as more purposeful ... wider rubber, lower stance (fat chance), mesh grill (of course), revised front bumper (to accommodate the grill), and maybe some other touches here and there. Know what I mean?
    I'm not sure I'll be there Friday morning... I still have to see when I'm meeting up with everyone...

As for the ATS-V - I'm sure it'll be more aggressive looking than the ATS. Probably much the same as the CTS and CTS-V...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Here they are from Industry days. They wouldn't let us get in the interior.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The spoiler/CHMSL comes to a very agressive point. These pics do it justice. All it needs is a light tint...

I''m trying for Saturday morning, now. Will be asking for "permission" tomorrow.

We'll see ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I was there yesterday looking at the car...It appeared much smaller in person. I could be wrong but it sure looked smaller than the first gen CTS. Outside of that it had beautiful lines. Bummer that the car is on a platform...I really wanted to sit in it.

I was also very impressed with the XTS.

Few more angles.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The shot with the rear doors opened shows a very tight entry for rear passengers... Glad I won't be back there... :-)
    Homerjay71 and Homerjay71 like this.

I have NO IDEA why the outside of the rear door is so much bigger than the inside opening. It's a PAIN to get into that back seat (I've done it 10-15 times). I've never really noticed how that metal cuts in. That's just BAD DESIGN.

I'm the kind of guy who'd never notice that on my own, but I see what you mean. Thanks! Now, that'll always bug me!

Tbjs caught up with me this morning at the show. He was with Mike and Bill (sorry, forgot your screens names) from Arkansas and Chicago, respectively, DTS and Escalade owners.

Anyway, we talked with the spokesperson, Tracy, for a while. She was well briefed on the ATS. I sort of caught her in mid sentence.

Here are just a couple of the pics I took. Sorry if it's just repeats of pics above:

----------

Personally, I thought the car looked great, though I would have loved sitting in it, we couldn't get very near it. It appeared to be slightly smaller than the Gen 1 CTS though not dramatically. The spokesperson, Tracy, mentioned that there were three engine offerings (2.5L, 2.0L, and 3.6L) and a 6-spd manual was standard with each. This is different than we've heard (based on posts elsewhere), and I told her this. When talking with her, she said she was aware of this discrepancy, but that was the information she was given.

Seeing the car in person did not satisfy me; it was only a teaser. There's no satisfaction until I can sit in an ATS-V and actually drive one.

BTW, tbjs confided in me that JimmyH had an outstanding evening of entertainment the night before and as a result was unable to make the morning portion of the show. Oh, well ... next time, Jimmy!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Jimmeh started to get riled up again tonight but Mike and I reeled him back in...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.