Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS? - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac Take a look... It seems Cadillac is trying to make cars small as possible now. ...
    CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Re: Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Take a look...
    It seems Cadillac is trying to make cars small as possible now. They could put a 4 cylinder motor in it and make the seats smaller then do away with the trunk and spare tire. It could then compete with the 8 foot long smart car. These new cars have got so small a lot of regular and large people have gone to SUVs to get something comfortable to ride in. Bring back the Fleetwoods, all of us are not migets.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I know how you feel. Just keep in mind that the small car segment is THE LARGEST and most profitable, by far, in the luxury segment. If Cadillac continued to ignore it, they'll be left in the dust... It's cars like these that make all the money for companies like Mercedes and BMW...

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    It seems Cadillac is trying to make cars small as possible now. They could put a 4 cylinder motor in it and make the seats smaller then do away with the trunk and spare tire. It could then compete with the 8 foot long smart car. These new cars have got so small a lot of regular and large people have gone to SUVs to get something comfortable to ride in. Bring back the Fleetwoods, all of us are not migets.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

They will keep getting more and more popular as gas keeps rising. You would be naive to think we are not staring down the barrel of $6/gal gas.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Fleetwoods. haha. Funny.

chowser51 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think it's looks good, this might get me to come back to GM. I was hoping to get a new Camaro but there were none in 2006 so I ended up getting a BMW 325xi. As much as I love my BMW, I grew up a GM man and really want to get back. Seeing as how my car is paid off and I want something a little larger (got kids and I think the ATS is going to be a little bigger than the 3-series, closer to the 5) but definately wanting a RWD car. Not really concerned about the engine, as long as I get more than 21 mpg in the city (which is what I get now with my heavy car with AWD). I just hope they don't option this car into the 3-series price range. I'd like a decently loaded ATS with nav for $35k. (Yeah, I'm probably dreaming).

My wife has been with GM forever (currently drives an '08 Lacrosse) so she is happy that I might be returning. She is currently out of town for work and in a 2012 Lacrosse rental, she says it might be time to trade up.
    Other than chaging a turn signal, we have had no issues with the Buick. Hoping GM quality is back.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It won't be bigger than the 3, closer to the 5. That's where the current CTS is now and that will grow to 5 series size with the next gen. The ATS will be 3 series sized. That's the point. As for pricing, I'm sure it will undercut the BMW. But I doubt by much...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Overall, it should be the same size as the 3. I am betting the front seat area will be larger though (for us large chassis-ed americans) and the back seat will probably be tiny.
    0AT E03, 0AT E03, w4ik and 1 others like this.

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

I know what you can do..... take the front drivers seat out and sit in the back seat and drive the car from there and it should be comfy as hell with plenty of room for you big boi's.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Not very original. It will marginalize to CTS as did the STS. Can we at least get something cool like a 2.0L V8 twin-turbo with laser ignition?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.