Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac ATS Picture Forum Discussion, Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I am not seeing BMW or mercedes in that malibu picture. Although, I think like the last Malibu, this new ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone want an undisguised look at the ATS?

I am not seeing BMW or mercedes in that malibu picture. Although, I think like the last Malibu, this new design is going to look stale in a few years.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    That looks like a BMW with a Mercedes grill to me
    how does that look like a mercedes grille?

chevy has been using this split grille design for a long time and imho in the last few years it has really started to evolve into something that i really like and can get behind
    (some are obviously better than others, but i really like this new front end/grille evolution that chevy's gotten in to lately)

thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I think the Cruze is the best execution of Chevy's current design language. Pictures just don't do the Cruze justice. It's much more attactive in person. Same with the CTS coupe. Maybe the ATS will be the same.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sonic\Aveo has the chin spoiler too if you notice.

I think they are adding those for pedestrian standards in Europe.

I believe the space between the bumper and radiator is the pedestrian safety factor. I would guess the chin spoiler helps aerodynamics by cutting a little more air out from under the car.

jagowar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looking forward to some real info about the car.... I was going to be getting trading in my old silverado for something a bit more fuel efficient and right now was set on the 2012 camaro but this car might get me to wait.

One of the biggest reasons I was considering the camaro was its bluetooth a2dp support (have a windows phone 7 with zunepass).... for some reason it was the only gm car I could find that supported that. Hopefully a brand new car in the would have the same support (because I would have chosen a cts over the camaro but bluetooth audio streaming was a killer for me).

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I think the basic design of the Cadillac ATS has been done for a long time now...
    Attached Images
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

yes... but the devil is in the details ...
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    Looking forward to some real info about the car.... I was going to be getting trading in my old silverado for something a bit more fuel efficient and right now was set on the 2012 camaro but this car might get me to wait.

One of the biggest reasons I was considering the camaro was its bluetooth a2dp support (have a windows phone 7 with zunepass).... for some reason it was the only gm car I could find that supported that. Hopefully a brand new car in the would have the same support (because I would have chosen a cts over the camaro but bluetooth audio streaming was a killer for me).
    streaming audio is overrated. It sounds okay, but it will kill the battery life of your phone. And if you are going to plug it in for power, you might as well just use the usb connection. I have an old ipod plugged in that way in my camaro. It stays in the car all the time.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

If I ever sell my V1, this is what I'm going to get. Can't wait to see the powerplant for the ATS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Lemme know if you go. I might join you. ...
    ^^^ Yeah that.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

That Malibu is dead sexayyy!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

yup

jagowar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    streaming audio is overrated. It sounds okay, but it will kill the battery life of your phone. And if you are going to plug it in for power, you might as well just use the usb connection. I have an old ipod plugged in that way in my camaro. It stays in the car all the time.
    I have been doing it for the past 6 months and it has had almost no impact on my battery life.... my phone still lasts 24 hrs of heavy usage. I would just keep using the fm transmitter but it kills the audio quality and I have to manually power the device on each time I start the car (it runs off its own battery) and no steeringwheel controls.... I basically want to keep using my a2dp but have something that's properly integrated and has better sound quality than the fm I currently use.

i stream from the internet to my phone constantly (pandora on iphone) in the car... but i have to use a tape adapter to get it into the speakers

and battery isn't an issue (if i'm on a road trip i plug into the accessory outlet and stay charged anyway)

i totally want to do the aux mod, but just can't seem to get around to it

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ra-direct.html

will look like this

"my phone still lasts 24 hrs of heavy usage" They really have conditioned us to accept that. Before I had my iphone, I had a Sony Ericsson that I charged once a week. And I was using a2dp with that phone because my Parrot kit was the only way to get external music to my radio in my CTS. Before that it was more like 2 weeks. All this techno stuff has made my life too complicated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.