Cadillac Owners Forum banner

If you haven't used a clay bar, do it now!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tmm2good 
#1 ·
Had some awesome weather today so washed the car. I picked up a mother's clay bar kit. Used it and it took up so much embedded grime especially near the wheel wells and rocker panels and left a clean smooth finish. I then waxed the car(used polish/wax, should really polish separately) and enjoyed the fine mirror finish! I would highly recommend a clay bar application every so often, especially after the winter months.

#2 ·
Anyone use the new eagle One Surface Prep Mitt? I have but haven't used a clay bar before so I really can't compare the 2. But my car looks amazing. There is a black sticky side on the mitt that you keep wet with a detail spray. Took all of an hour to do my whole car. I think it worked pretty well. And it's machine washable.

#4 ·
Clay works wonders. I recently purchased a DA polisher from Harbor Freight and polished the car since the previous owner use automatic car washes. Very easy to do and the car looks amazing. I've also started using Optimum no rinse wash and LOVE it. I can wash my car in my garage and no rinsing involved. Just use the two bucket method with Lowes 5 gallon buckets and grit guards. I can wash and dry my car in 10 minutes and no hose needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.