Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The pictures of your ATS thread

350K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  TommyRey 
#1 ·
Every other forum I've been on as well as the CTS/XTS has one of these where you just post pics of your car for lurkers to see or just for general showoff, so lets see some pics and get a nice thread going full of those beautiful ATS' :thumbsup:

Love to see it in your rear view...

But what most people will end up seeing ;)

See less See more
#297 ·
Re: The Pictures of Your Car thread

Finally installed a HID kit. The installer had a challenge with them. The drl/auto caused them to flicker and turn off. So they used a relay and resistor. The result was a solid stronger light output and color.
Now get ready in 5 months or less for a ballast or a bulb to go out. I am on about my 7th kit. Even have had a relay smoke before driving at night and all headlight was lost. I'm not the only one here that this has happen to. Not just that but for some reason a ballast wont fire up at times. Restart and it sometimes will comeback on. I have tried so many different kits and makers so I know it's not just a certain brand. But good luck hope it doesn't happen to you. I'm a fool because I need HID's. Next car will have stock HID's for my dummy a$$.

Oh looks good though and what brand did you buy and what (K) light did you get?

#299 ·
GreyATS2.0T said:
Finally installed a HID kit. The installer had a challenge with them. The drl/auto caused them to flicker and turn off. So they used a relay and resistor. The result was a solid stronger light output and color.
Those look great! I had my HID's for less then a week before they decided to kick out while night driving. Next day back to stock bulbs. I have a pair of OPT7 LED bulbs ready to install as they will better match the OM DRL's I installed couple months back. Hope u have good luck with those as the look sweet.

#318 ·
This is beautiful and almost exactly what I want to do with the 2013 I just picked up, could you let me know what you did to black the trim? Or is that the black chrome package trim just swapped in? Also what wheels are those? Right now I'm debating the cheap and easy plasti-dip with glossifier top coat route for this. But yours just looks so clean. I also just picked up smoked front signal lights and am debating smoked/black rears.

#319 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback on my car, the window trim is from the black chrome package, I purchased it and had it installed at my dealer, I had the chrome on the door handles vinyl wrapped and recently installed the black chrome rear bumper accent piece. I also plasti dipped the emblems on the trunk lid last week and installed the clear lens marker lights. I'll post more pics of the finished product soon. The wheels are 19x8.5 Konig Oversteer.

#324 ·
I have the same wheel/tire combination front and rear so rotation isn't an issue, for AWD you should maintain the same rolling diameter front and rear, a lot of the RWD cars run a wider rear wheel /tire combination which then cannot rotate to the front. Hope this helps.

#326 ·
X-Post from the general thread…

Hi There!

First post, first Caddy(s). My wife and I recently got new 2016 ATS's and absolutely love them! We used to hate our commutes, but these make em' so much more enjoyable. After our last cars (which we drove into the ground), it's like stepping into the future.

Meet the twins…

Cheers!

#328 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

Just picked this up the other day. I'm working on sound deadening the whole car. I'm doing the inside/outside of each door, the roof, and the back. Huge undertaking. I have got the back done and working my way forward. It's my daily so going to take some time. I'm also replacing all speakers at the same time with CDT HD series with upstage up front. Not an easy install for sure. Not sure on sub yet. I'm going to use my JL8w7 for now. Amp will either be a MMats 6150 or JL HD900/5. My Mac amps will take up too much room as I want to keep as much space as I can. Will also use a JL FiX86 to link the OEM/CUE to the new system. Should sound good.

I plan on lowering it but not sure which way to go as this is a 3.6 AWD and don't want to get bounced all around too bad although I am accustom to lowered vehicles as everyone that I have owned was lowered. Not may options out there. Those are factory 19's for anyone wondering with 225/35 and 255/30. Also going to run some kind of tune on it so looking for suggestions on that as well. I'm in the Naples/ Ft. Myers area in Southwest Florida and don't mind driving to get a custom tune but will need a 4-wheel dyno to get it done. A "can" tune maybe the best option at this time. Now if I could get a hair dryer for this thing I would be all about a custom tune but not going to beat that dead horse! Need to do some more research on what the hangups were as the LFX in the Camaro isn't an issue. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory!

Always open to suggestions so fire away.

#329 ·
View attachment 414178

Just picked this up the other day. I'm working on sound deadening the whole car. I'm doing the inside/outside of each door, the roof, and the back. Huge undertaking. I have got the back done and working my way forward. It's my daily so going to take some time. I'm also replacing all speakers at the same time with CDT HD series with upstage up front. Not an easy install for sure. Not sure on sub yet. I'm going to use my JL8w7 for now. Amp will either be a MMats 6150 or JL HD900/5. My Mac amps will take up too much room as I want to keep as much space as I can. Will also use a JL FiX86 to link the OEM/CUE to the new system. Should sound good.

I plan on lowering it but not sure which way to go as this is a 3.6 AWD and don't want to get bounced all around too bad although I am accustom to lowered vehicles as everyone that I have owned was lowered. Not may options out there. Those are factory 19's for anyone wondering with 225/35 and 255/30. Also going to run some kind of tune on it so looking for suggestions on that as well. I'm in the Naples/ Ft. Myers area in Southwest Florida and don't mind driving to get a custom tune but will need a 4-wheel dyno to get it done. A "can" tune maybe the best option at this time. Now if I could get a hair dryer for this thing I would be all about a custom tune but not going to beat that dead horse! Need to do some more research on what the hangups were as the LFX in the Camaro isn't an issue. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory!

Always open to suggestions so fire away.
Looking good. I like the black wheels on the silver and tints. Looks clean. And if you have noticed the trunk area has like no factory sound deadening. Very little anyway. I guess to cut down on weight. The roof area also is like a tin can if any bass is introduced. That is noticeable when you go drive through a car wash. I don't do that but just tap on the roof and you can hear it. Same with my Vsport,it probably has less than the ATS.