Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gold copper rims on my ATS

13K views 69 replies 22 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
10 YEAR OLD RIMS with 20x8.5 5x115 bolt and +40 offset off my Jeep wrangler. Will fit perfect.Some don't like gold but I do.Not to mention I am bringing back the old school with this on a new caddy. Just waiting to buy tires. View attachment 141897

This post has been deleted
#5 · (Edited)
Yeah looking at a 30 tire. Maybe 225 30 20. I have to get measurements for tires because as you know there isn't alot of room. But even a 245 that I have looks to fit fine. Those rims will stick out from the wheel well close to an inch. Less offset would be better for most. But I like the wider stance. Ill try and get more pics from the rear but really need the tires first to see how it sits.

----------

#12 · (Edited)
----------

[/COLOR]
If YOU like it that's all that matters! I have the 18" chrome tires that highlight my door handles and other chrome trimmings on my 2014 2.0T ATS Performance. Are you gonna dip your handles and other trimmings in gold? That would really be hot! Below is a pic of my rims. DO YOU BABY! :D

I like your 18's Thats a good look. I might dip the handles and grill parts down the road. Just need to get tires first.----------

----------

[/COLOR]
cool, stay...true...to...you!!!

that said I'm reserving forming an opinion till I see the final result, I'm just hoping you don't make the first ATS DONK.... lol
Never that. I just like up to 20 inch rims. I'm into more sport side of cars that's why I bought this car. I got away from BMW's. Depending on how the rims sit I want to drop it. I don't like wheel well gap. WILL NOT SEE A DONK WITH THIS CAR. I dont like that look. That should only be for old oldsmobiles and cars like that.

----------

are you sure that is a 40 offset? so 35 should fit even with the wheel well. Does anyone know the stock wheel offset
As I remember years ago it was a 40+ offset. I could be wrong. Nothing on the back of the rim to confirm it. I like your wheels if mine had those when I bought it I would stay with those. I have a real problem with wheels and sneakers. I can't have to many. The handle I'll probably get dipped to match. First I just need to get the tires and find out if the ride will be ok. As you know the car is already stiff.
I have a spare 245-35-20 in the garage and it looks to fit when I line it up with the wheel wheel and off set. I will probably get a 245-30-20 to be safe. But it would be nice to have the extra tire for a better ride. Everything I look at for the ATS is 35 to 40+ offset. Unless all those were wrong I was looking at.

Like you said it's what you like to put on your car. I like all the ATS's on this forum. I just don't like my 17's. I always swap out my stock rims. And they last longer putting them back on for winter

#13 ·
Depends on what you're going for. If you want to stick out (more) and have people point and give their opinion then go for it. Just be willing to accept the bad with the good as I'm sure you will be getting a lot of both.

Me personally? Not my taste. I agree the stock rims you have look bad but I'm not sure if I would (personally) go gold, 20's with them sticking out that far as it would take away from the sexiness of the car (IMO) and make it look...well....less sexy.

#15 ·
Those wheels do not fit. The rim is past the fender. That's going to rub like crazy and look like crap doing it. Put a stack of wood under the wheel and then slowly lower the car onto it so you can see how the wheel travels through the suspension range.

#16 ·
The rims do fit. Yesterday I took my old 245-30-20 tire and test fit it on. Tire mounted and put on front and then back. Turned the wheels drove car up and down my driveway.not once did it rub. Matter of fact when I sat It down and looked at it the rim is only outside of the fender like a half an inch. Looks more when lifted because the car is so small and the jack is pushing the car over and rim looks like it sticks out more. When its all said and done its only 1 inch bigger than the 19s you can get. And the . When they are on I will post pics. I am not the conventional person with an ats. I also have a fifteen inch sub in my trunk pushing 1600 what's. I used to work at an install and rim shop before I had to grow up.I am 39 but I'm still young. But really this isn't my first rodeo.

#66 ·
Yo go to the STS forum. You say what do you suppose will happen when the suspension compresses? Nothing buddy smooth sailing. Wrong again. Looks like you live on here.

----------

You must be kidding me right. I don't know what a trail blazer is?. Man I have worked on all cars. I know what all cars are. You need to shut the hole in your face . You make no sense. And spelling. Really this is like text. You get your point across dumb A##. I'm telling you I would smack the hell out of ya. I have tried to be nice back to you. But denture cream must not hold a firm grip anymore. I'm bout sick of your mouth. Ask me do I know what a trail blazer is. I own an ATS BUDDY I KNOW ALL ABOUT CARS. My LAST CAR WAS A 745LI. You know what that is? Dumb A##. Not a Model T either. Stay 55 on the highway k.
Do you even have a clue as to what a Trailblazer SS is? Maybe you should look it up before spouting off about things you don't know.

By the way, it's spelled you're, not your.

#27 ·
I wont get into it but why do you think they did that? Your not happy because? People just want to talk about their cars. They really don't want to here uncalled for remarks. Everyone has their own opinion. That's what we all want to here. Not something out of the box and off subject like what was said. It's cool though.

----------

No update on me because tires are not mounted yet. You said they will rub like crazy and ugly while doing it. Why would I post anything anyway. You don't like it so just wondering why you want updates. Unless your talking about peoples general posts. In that case disregard that. If so it takes about 5 days for tires to come. And on the other hand I am not rich either. Things take a little time. I do have the tires now and they will be mounted soon. I live at work now and there isn't a lot of time.
6 days no updates?

#29 ·
I'll try and post some pics this week. Not trying to be an As#####. I wasn't going to post any pics but some people want to see what it looks like. The others just want to talk crap of coarse. Should be by the end of the week. Getting them mounted in the morning but won't have time to put them on until the day after. No TPMS for now. It's getting cold here and they won't be on that long until spring.

#33 ·
20's are just too big for this car in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the gold with the chrome lip but I bet a darker bronze color on some 18's would look killer. I had some bronze Tenzo's on my old Mazdaspeed 3 and they looked killer on black.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mazda Bumper

In the end it's all about what you like anyway. So as long as you love it I would not care one way or the other what people think.

#34 ·
Like you said it's all what you like. 18 is just to small for me. 19's are just to much to deal with, buying tires. I never go bigger than 20's on any car I have. The color is really copper. Just in some light it looks different. Those pics were in a real bright and sunny day.
20's are just too big for this car in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the gold with the chrome lip but I bet a darker bronze color on some 18's would look killer. I had some bronze Tenzo's on my old Mazdaspeed 3 and they looked killer on black.

View attachment 146658

In the end it's all about what you like anyway. So as long as you love it I would not care one way or the other what people think.

#35 ·
If your intention was to stand out and be noticed then mission accomplished. Those rims will get attention and some comments for sure. I don't like them because they don't look like they are part of the car. They look like an after thought that went bad. The good news for both of us is its not my car and what I think matters not.

This post has been deleted
G
#38 ·
I am 29 and I don't like them

The color looks great on the black it is the design style of the wheel and them sticking out past the fenders that looks bad IMO
The wheels on the Mazda above look nice they remind me of Fisks

#45 ·
I was not saying that he was old. That was not my intention at all. I know a man here with a hooked up old caddy. He does all his one work also. He is 65 years old. generally people from a different era like different things. But when people just comment on other people and never post what they have done to their car. None of it really makes any sense to me. Put pics up of their car then. And not just a stock car because that is a dime a dozen. Once again Rspitler I am sorry that was not what I meant. You are not old and I will be your age soon enough. As for wheel sticking out. I always liked that look. They are out from the fender no more than a half an inch. Sorry you don't like it. Post a pic of your car when you can.

#41 ·
[/QUOTE] ---------- that's cool. Post a pic of your car. You got 17s 18s stock post a pic. Looks like you just drove it off the lot right? ---------- your 56. Of coarse you don't like that. Come on man. My father wouldn't like that either. Just saying. Not saying your old at all.[/QUOTE]

Pictures of my car were taken right after I got home. So yes, right off the lot. So what? And the wheels are 18's but you know what? They are classy and look good. AND they FIT! Yours? Not so much.

By the way, I also own a Trailblazer SS with, OH MY GOD, 20's!

If you can't take criticism, don't post. Yours now looks like a ricer or as I like to call them, clown cars.

#43 ·
It's a trail Blazer. Isn't that stock. But of coarse you can't put a 17 on that. Unless you had big off road tires. I have no problem with what people say. But I also will say what I think back.

---------- that's cool. Post a pic of your car. You got 17s 18s stock post a pic. Looks like you just drove it off the lot right? ---------- your 56. Of coarse you don't like that. Come on man. My father wouldn't like that either. Just saying. Not saying your old at all.[/QUOTE]

Pictures of my car were taken right after I got home. So yes, right off the lot. So what? And the wheels are 18's but you know what? They are classy and look good. AND they FIT! Yours? Not so much.

By the way, I also own a Trailblazer SS with, OH MY GOD, 20's!

If you can't take criticism, don't post. Yours now looks like a ricer or as I like to call them, clown cars.[/QUOTE] just keep it as you bought it. And I love to hear people say what is on their mind. But of coarse something should be said back.

----------

They wanted to know what .. how you installed wheels? I guess I dont get it.

These rims were chrome. They were in my garage pitted and peeled. I painted them copper and the black lip while leaving the lip chrome.

----------

Like I said before I'm not trying to be an AS#####. Things don't always come out the way you want all the time. Like everyone says it's what you like. They put what they like on their cars. I do the same. The next thing I do will also be unliked on here. But in person people always come up to me and want to look the car over.
Hey your the one who posted the pics of your wheels and I'm sure you were looking for some feedback. Sorry I didn't respond the way you wanted but it is my opinion and nothing more. I have been looking at the pics more and I have changed my opinion. They really are growing on me and now I think that shit is HOT! What are those and where did you get them?
----------

I'm always going to say something back that someone wont like just like they did to me. My bad Don't take it personal. But they are g105 rims. Discontinued. They were chrome and pitted I painted them copper and black with chrome lip.
Hey your the one who posted the pics of your wheels and I'm sure you were looking for some feedback. Sorry I didn't respond the way you wanted but it is my opinion and nothing more. I have been looking at the pics more and I have changed my opinion. They really are growing on me and now I think that shit is HOT! What are those and where did you get them?
----------

I really like this SH##. All the comments and such. That's why I started this thread. I have never been on a forum before because of stories I heard of stupid fights. That's not me. I like to see the person I'm talking to. But I tried it. It's ok. I will continue for awhile. I'm not here to really make friends. Just wanted to see what other people are doing. Not much done with this car yet as I can see. There will be much more done to this car because I have to modify everything I own. There will be more to come. And I appreciate all you opinions . Thanks whether they are good or bad. I look forward to more.:yup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.