Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom ats

13K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 · (Edited)
After ranting about how there is no drop kit out there and I wouldn't fix my car up until there was one available, I said F IT!! there still is a few details i'm going to take care of over the weekend but here it is! let me know what y'all think!
Again I apologize for the gaps between the wheel and fenders..... its killing me!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post final pics of the car next week

#5 ·
I appreciate the feedback thanks!

----------

I like it. What are the wheels and the specs on them?
Thanks! They are Vertini milano 20x8 and 20x9.5 rears. I had them powder coated gloss black because everyone is doing flat black

----------

Very rarely care for black wheels on any car, sorry just don't like them; the other treatments look good though. As long as you like it.........Great.
Thanks! Except the fact that It needs a drop but it's coming

#8 ·
Good eye! I thought nobody would catch that. I sometimes even forget I did that.

----------

I absolutely hate the blacked out look EXCEPT for white cars.

Good job!.

I would make some hood spears for the notches out of black paper to see how they look, although the areas may be too narrow.

A black roof might look good BUT I don't know if there is a good natural cutoff point, so probably not.
I'm actually getting the front bumper wrapped on Saturday. I'm going to wrap it to make it seem like the top grill is connected with the bottom. Ill post pics on Sunday.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Thanks!

----------

Looks good bro. Nice to see a fellow ATS owner modding their car. I too have done a fair amount of work but am "laying low" until I can lower my car. Its hard waiting and you may have inspired me to post pics...
Im sure you know this but don't sweat the haters. They don't get the culture. Love the look, nice job!

----------
Thanks man! I knew you would get it. I wanted to lay low too cuz just like you, I feel the drop is an important piece to have. Once I started though I just had do do the rest. True it is a different culture that some people dont get it but for us it's a way of life, At least in this style of modding VS tuning

----------

what is the offset on those?

J.
Offset? Not 20x8 and 20x9.5?

----------

Let's see some pics of her in that lovely SoCal sun ;)
I'm going to try and get her out this weekend. I'll post new pics with the front of the car wrapped.
Thanks

#20 ·
I really like it! I might have chosen 19's with a drop but kudos to you. Very nice!

#22 ·
personaly i think blacking out the tail lights was cool back when fast and furious was still new. its old now and camrys and civis are the only ones still trying to pull them off. but, that aside, black accents on a white car is my fave combo. thats what i did for all my cars (except tail lights on some). very simple and tasteful combo. looks very sharp, with just enough mods on it to make it look unique, but not enough to make it look overdone. id suggest u use plasti dip. its perfect for experimenting.

#24 ·
I don't remember fast and furious cars ever having tint on the lights.... But I know what you mean, I lived in the hood and seen a lot of wanna be hookup camrys and civics with shitty work on them. I actually wasn't going to tint the rears cuz I noticed that Cadillacs lights already have a nice dark cherry look to it but my paint guy who did my other work gave me a price I couldn't refuse. In person though it looks way classier then in the pictures. The guy did a nice light color on them. I guess it looks dark cuz I took the pics in a garage.

----------

properly tinted tails look great (clear coat/black paint mix) then buffed to a crazy shine.

But I hate.. HAAATTEEE night shades, its not transparent enough, its matte, it goes purple, its just trash ricers use (or uneducated folks lol)
Yea I agree the nightshade crap looks bummy... My guy did a great job. Looks nice and glossy.

#25 ·
Offset determines how far in or out the wheels actually stick out. I'd venture a guess that those front 20X8.5's are something like +35 offset and the rears are like +38 or so.

That setup looks AWESOME, especially considering its not lowered?? I was already planning on going with staggered 20's as well...now I'm even more sold on the idea! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.