Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Window Tinting

20K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  louieftw 
#1 · (Edited)
Window / Taillight Tinting

Going to get the windows tinted this weekend. Had my Black Raven/Morello delivered this past Sunday.

Has anyone tinted their windows with 20% or 35% and have pictures showing how it came out? I had 35% on my Mustang but always wished I had gone a little darker.

Leaning towards 20% since I feel it's dark enough that it looks great but you can still see what's going on inside.

Also - have any of you tinted your tail lights yet? I'm curious how the 3rd brake light came out.

#3 · (Edited)
mine front are 20% and my rears are 5%, its like they're painted black, I have no issue at night. If you think that it might be too light then go darker.. chances are you'll be more disappointed with too light tint.. then with too dark...I like the idea that nobody can see in the car, its none of there business.

heres mine, like I said 20% front, 5% rear, black windows on a black car especially with the chrome accenting looks damn sexy :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Re: Window / Taillight Tinting

I got 35% on my Black Raven/Morello Luxury. I also came from a Mustang ha! 2010 Mustang GT Grabber Blue with 3.73 rear axle package.

I would have gone darker but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle from popo or inspections. Looks really good but wish it was darker. Really made the car look a lot better though.

Black Raven / Morello Red Luxury AT RWD, Nav, Sunroof, Cold weather package. Got the all-weather floor mats, tint, and the bnr-trifecta tune and I'm trying to set some time aside to data log it before I make judgement on the tune. Initial impressions before the data log is that it is a lot of fun at the least. Did a 36/10k lease.

#8 ·
I got 35% on my Black Raven/Morello Luxury. I also came from a Mustang ha! 2010 Mustang GT Grabber Blue with 3.73 rear axle package.

I would have gone darker but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle from popo or inspections. Looks really good but wish it was darker. Really made the car look a lot better though.

Black Raven / Morello Red Luxury AT RWD, Nav, Sunroof, Cold weather package. Got the all-weather floor mats, tint, and the bnr-trifecta tune and I'm trying to set some time aside to data log it before I make judgement on the tune. Initial impressions before the data log is that it is a lot of fun at the least. Did a 36/10k lease.
We have very similar taste! I went from a black 2000 Mustang V6 MT with various mods to a Black Raven/Morello Red 2.0T Performance MT RWD, Nav, and Sunroof. I did a 36/10k lease as well and will likely be looking to do a tune in the near future.

Only plans for now is likely 20% tint all the way around, new wheels, and prolly a tune. Maybe one or two other little alterations but that's about it.

Well, I also came from a Mustang. 2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, 400RWHP.....

On my Diamond Black/Morello Red ATS, I put 18% all around, and 55% on the windshield....It looks amazing!!!
Great minds think alike. 18% all around is pretty dark as it is. I like the 55% on the windshield look but I'm too much of a wuss to go that far, hahaha.

I also went with 20% all around and it looks great. I've never gotten any hassels for it on any of my cars - however, it could be an excuse to get pulled over at anytime. Really helps keep the dark interior cool. If you're going to do it, go with 20% or Steve's combo 20/5%, looks great as well.
Seems like 20% will be the way to go based off feedback so far. Thanks for your comments!

#7 ·
I also went with 20% all around and it looks great. I've never gotten any hassels for it on any of my cars - however, it could be an excuse to get pulled over at anytime. Really helps keep the dark interior cool. If you're going to do it, go with 20% or Steve's combo 20/5%, looks great as well.

G
#14 ·
Please forgive my ignorance, although I'm trying to educate myself. Which is darker, higher % or lower %? Does 20% mean that 20% of visible light is passing through or 20% is reflected? I have white diamond paint and I’m not sure that a tint would look good. Bert

#26 ·
I always do 5% all around. I like my privacy and its like wearing sunglasses... I can see you but you can't see me.

Granted I get pulled over almost every 3 weeks but the look and feel is worth me taking them out and putting it back on. My tint guys love me, I keep them in business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.