Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3.6 Premium black raven, all black interior w/o heated seats

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  M5eater 
#1 ·
Picking up my new ride on 21 Dec 2012 still at the dealership. :drool::drool::drool:I wished I had known that I needed to order heated seats with the premium package but I don't have much need for them in FL. I have never been a cadillac fan but I really like this car. Plans are to replace the grille and a more aggressive wheel package with a wider rear stance. Sorry the photos are not that great two were taken in my garage, more to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought they all came standard with heated seats? in my order booklet it says

Heated seats s s s s s

standard across all models.. unless they're not standard in the states

but congrats anyways! beautiful car! and yes, I never really liked Cadillac either, but this model got my attentio

#6 ·
I just went to cadillac.COM and heated seats are a $450 option.

Then I went to Cadillac.CA and heated seats are standard across the board.
I think this is kind of smart on Cadillac's part. Pretty much everyone in Canada would want heated seats (taking out the money factor) just due to their climate. In the states, they can lessen the cost of the car by making it optional so people in the warmer climates can opt-out. Makes sense to me!

#10 · (Edited)
Took my ATS in today for the CUE update and also had them look at the stains in the paint from the bird droppings. Anyway they gave me a basic model ATS with the 2.5 liter engine. Wow it is SO different from my 3.6 premium. Please don't get me wrong, it drives quieter and smoother on bumps due to the higher profile tires but it is kinda depressing. The lack of power at high speeds over 60 mph is unbelievable. I apologize if you have this trim and I offended you but had I driven this model on my first test drive, I probably would have never look twice at the ATS. I understand that it may be great for some but this car starts at over 30 grand! I would have bought a CTS coupe. This is what I was first interested in until I drove the car I now own. It is just my opinion. I mean the fake leather had my back sweating when I got home! For thirty grand there are some decent cars that come with more options. Maybe not as refined as the cadillac but wow this loaner is pretty bland. No frills.

#11 ·
Took my ATS in today for the CUE update. Anyway they gave me a basic model ATS with the 2.5 liter engine. Wow it is SO different from my 3.6 premium. Please don't get me wrong, it drives quieter and smoother on bumps due to the higher profile tires... I apologize if you have this trim and I offended you.
Of course they will be offended by you pointing out how smart they were to get a much better riding car then you did for a lot less money. ;)

#13 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
Of course they will be offended by you pointing out how smart they were to get a much better riding car then you did for a lot less money. ;)
Not what I meant, but a fair shot! Said it was quieter and a smoother over Bumps due to mine having the run-flat LPs. Didn't say it was a better performing car. But do have to admit after spending a little time with it while taking it back today I realized it still had a good feel to it. I could see how some would choose this model. Had a more luxury than sport feel to it. In the end I bought mine for the combination of the two. Although there are other cars out there for 30 grand that would come better equipped there won't be many that will match the chassis and handling of any ATS. Again I apologize if I offended anyone by sharing my earlier opinion. I know that I am blessed to be able to afford a car like this and I am very thankful for it. :)

#14 ·
Took my ATS in today for the CUE update and also had them look at the stains in the paint from the bird droppings. Anyway they gave me a basic model ATS with the 2.5 liter engine. Wow it is SO different from my 3.6 premium. Please don't get me wrong, it drives quieter and smoother on bumps due to the higher profile tires but it is kinda depressing. The lack of power at high speeds over 60 mph is unbelievable. I apologize if you have this trim and I offended you but had I driven this model on my first test drive, I probably would have never look twice at the ATS. I understand that it may be great for some but this car starts at over 30 grand! I would have bought a CTS coupe. This is what I was first interested in until I drove the car I now own. It is just my opinion. I mean the fake leather had my back sweating when I got home! For thirty grand there are some decent cars that come with more options. Maybe not as refined as the cadillac but wow this loaner is pretty bland. No frills.
Europe loves small engined cars like the ATS.

Infact I read a recent autoblog review that complained that they only received the 2.0T and 3.6, that Caddy should have offered a 16/170hp engine and (naturally) a diesel.

160Hp in that car would make it a 9-10s vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.