Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My optioned out op blue premium awd

26K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  carpenter 
#1 ·
The first of many pictures! I am going to spend the day detailing tomorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
The carbon fiber trim that comes standard with the red interior has red thread woven into it, but I can't see any red in these pics. Is there any red in your new trim pieces, or is there an option for the carbon fiber that doesn't have any red in it? I have the same car as you but RWD.

#31 ·
vwall said:
The carbon fiber trim that comes standard with the red interior has red thread woven into it, but I can't see any red in these pics. Is there any red in your new trim pieces, or is there an option for the carbon fiber that doesn't have any red in it? I have the same car as you but RWD.
Mine is the same as the Merello red cf pieces. It is just extremely faint. When there is red around/next to it. The red shows up more.

----------

I will try and take a picture that shows more of the red.

#42 ·
Avery323 said:
What's next after the wing?
Ground effects from GM. I hope it fixes the rock chips happening in front of my rear wheels... That isn't as much me wanting to improve the look of the car as trying to get them to own up to a design failure... I received the ZR1 ground effects for my Z06 and it fixed the rock chips in front of my rear wheels. MAYBE the same will be true for the ATS... (Crossing my fingers)

#44 ·
AlanJS said:
The opulent blue is dazzling. I had to special order a blue performance edition 3.6 RWD as well. Why is Cadillac so stuck on grey, white and red?
Tell me more about the ground effects package. What design flaw? That it kicks up rocks?
In front of the rear wheel is getting rock chips from the tires throwing stuff forward. It's right on the edge so the 3M won't cover it. I'm hoping the ground effects has a similar design to the ZR1 kit.

#49 ·
03firebolt9r said:
2100 miles and no rock chips on mine. Doubt it has anything to do with the design.

Great looking car BTW. Kinda jelly of the carbon.
I guess I'm just lucky... ;). They said they'd check into it. The rock chips literally happened within the first few days of ownership. Has never seen a gravel road, or any debris. The cadillac rep stated "you shouldn't drive on gravel roads..." I had a good laugh. He was trying at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.