Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Silver Coast Metallic ATS

21K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  gvc803 
#1 ·
Would love to see "in person" pictures of an ATS w/ Silver Coast Metallic paint. At the moment this is my first choice, but the shades are different in appearance between the ATS and XTS vehicle web sites. I'd expect the ATS color to be more realistic.

Current plan will be the 2.0L Turbo, Performance RWD w/ 18" wheels and Morello Red w/ Black interior. In virtual world this looks like an awesome combination, but don't expect my local dealer (Iowa) to have one anytime soon. Will order in spring 2013. Goodbye 2007 CTS.

Any help will be appreciated.

#4 ·
The dealer in Melbourne has three of them in. red, silver, and a gold one. Got to sit in the silver one, wasn't very satisfied with the seat comfortability...maybe it wasn't adjusted right, or maybe its their way of convincing people to order the $3,000 Recaro's, idk. But, I LOVED everything else about the car. Sorry didn't take any pics of them, maybe I'll run over this weekend and take another look. The Red Jewel one they had was a beautiful car. silver looked good to, im not so much for the gold though.

#7 ·
I saw Silver Coast on a couple of CTSs, and it really reminds me of the old Gold Mist from 2008 and 2009. The lighting conditions (sun vs overcast, darkness, sunset, etc) affect it a lot. I didn't care for it, but it is easily the easiest color to keep clean. Dirt will not show on it. The wheel choice will make a big difference, as the color and finish of the wheel will affect the perception of the color more than most colors.

Tlorenzen: Recaros are not available in the ATS, but the sport seats in the Performance and Premium collections were much more comfortable to me than the base seats, whether leather or vinyl. The base seats felt thinly padded, and were just not that supportive. The sport seats were much more supportive. Their lateral support isn't great, but adequate for most purposes, and they are wide enough to accommodate most frames, IMO.

#10 ·
Thanks to Tlorenzen, yes any picture will do versus brochure material. I've had my share of red, white, silver, etc. cars and am keeping an open mind on some of the not so common colors. Looking for the right shade that enhances the chrome, LED's, wheels, tail lights and so on. So far I've seen red, black and white ATS's in person (must be standard for first cars on lot). Maybe Opulent Blue can do it for me?

#13 ·
In order, (Pictured) Red, Grey, and then a Pearl White. I honestly find that silver bland. The chrome doesn't stick out, the black doesn't really go with it(oppionated) and the rims just don't go. Sure you could make it look great with some appearance mods but for stock, I don't like it.

The Grey, Red, and Pearl white also can look extremely well when modded right.

Red looks the best out of all of them stock. Sporty and Classy.
Pearl White - Classy
Grey - A hint of sporty with a hint of class.
Silver - I'll relate it to a ginger - no soul. :tisk: (hope not to offend haha)

This is all opinnionated, so if you don't agree then thats that.

#19 ·
I am considering Silver Coast. I had 2000 Seville wit a light brown metallic(that is the official translation, i dont know the original), but I am conidering it with beige/cashmere interior. White diamond is an awsome looking colour,but all the Audis and BMWs here have it and it has become boring to me

#20 ·
Great choice. I ordered mine in Silver Coast. The now discontinued White Diamond was a good color but it seems lime 80% of the ATS's where I live are either white or black. Silver Coast is not as good on cars with slab sides but is incredible on cars like the ATS with compound curves. Silver is as well but its more bland.

#24 ·
Black looks great when its maintained properly but I owned one once and swore I wouldn't get that color again. just too much work and I hate any mark. Light colors are much more forgiving so my choices were white, radiant silver, silver coast. went to the dealer to compare and view in sun and shade. settled on radiant silver

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac xts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.